News Article: News and Note XXVII: Bunch of Jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I barter shipment of typical products of the Roman countryside for a shipment of the famous t-shirt that teases a poor old man who does not know how to dress.

The shipment will contain:

1) Carciofi alla giudìa e alla romana.
2) Spaghetti alla carbonara.
3) Il Quinto quarto: rigatoni con la pajata e coda alla vaccinara.
4) Abbacchio alla scottadito (e fritto panato).
5) Il supplì al telefono.
6) Il trapizzino.
7) Crostata di visciole.

All of this for the t-shirt.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Hello Canes fans. Pens fan here, just wanted to say, I love the celebrations and I hope that the Hurricanes do them every single home win as long as it keeps making people salty. Usually I don't take joy in other people being upset, but this is quite the exception. It's not often that you find people so upset about something that could not affect them less.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Those main board threads are hilarious. The sheer volume of angst over this and the outrage from some that the Canes had the stones to clap back is.... Mmmm just icing on the top

And of course every once in a while someone slips up and says the real motivation over this outrage... We don't deserve a team and it should move to Canada where they do things the right way.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I barter shipment of typical products of the Roman countryside for a shipment of the famous t-shirt that teases a poor old man who does not know how to dress.

6) Il trapizzino.
7) Crostata di visciole.

Lets be honest here. The Spaghetti alla Carbonara is worth the trade alone.

Seriously. As someone who has been to Italy 8 times, now for a total of about a month, Spaghetti alla Carbonara is one of the most amazing things there is

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

6) Il trapizzino.
7) Crostata di visciole.

What size do you need?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Lets be honest here. The Spaghetti alla Carbonara is worth the trade alone.

Seriously. As someone who has been to Italy 8 times, now for a total of about a month, Spaghetti alla Carbonara is one of the most amazing things there is

Just as long as it isn't an Italian combat ration. I fell into a YT rabbit hole yesterday of watching this guy who eats various combat rations, past and present, from the US military as well as international militaries. For a country with such a deeply embedded food culture, the Italian version of an MRE was disappointing to say the last, especially breakfast (essentially a power bar, instant cappuccino, two packs of apricot jam, and a cordial). Lunch included turkey in jelly that looked like cat food and Dinner included beef medallions in jelly that looked like dog food.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC

6) Il trapizzino.
7) Crostata di visciole.

WANT!

I may be headed to The Eye tomorrow.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I feel like I want to play the devil's advocate with this topic. Not sure how long they plan on doing this, but coming in free agency, how do the nhl players view this celebration stuff? If they hate it, they wouldn't sign here because they would have to it after every home win. Big stretch that a player wouldn't sign here bc of the storm surge, but it's a different view on this concept.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I feel like I want to play the devil's advocate with this topic. Not sure how long they plan on doing this, but coming in free agency, how do the nhl players view this celebration stuff? If they hate it, they wouldn't sign here because they would have to it after every home win. Big stretch that a player wouldn't sign here bc of the storm surge, but it's a different view on this concept.
If someone is so stuffy to not want to sign here because of a fun celebration after wins, I don't want him here.

The future of the NHL is creative individuality where fans can relate to players as well as teams. I want guys who have a sense of humor who don't take this too seriously because those guys play fast and loose every night and help promote a winning culture. It's no coincidence our goofiest team since they moved to NC, between Whitney hamming it up with every interview to Redneck Hockey to Commodore and the bath robe and ginger fro ended up winning it all while all the super serious teams under Muller, Peters, etc all choked on their own spit.

I want our reputation to be the fun team. That creates a draw more than it drives people away.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I told ya’ll. I believe.

2005-2006 we had red wigs, bathrobes, a broken neck, lurkin’ Ray Whitney, J-Willy, key new faces and a group of guys that played their guts out for each other.

This year we have the surge, the jerks, a busted Cherry, El Niño, J-Willy, key new faces and a group of guys playing their guts out for each other.

We need 4 of 6 possible points before the TDL. Do that and we should be ALL IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad