Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
8eb601555ce7231f01b7cc2cb986766e45dd6482bdc07750581a02272498db7f.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
To the tune of Oh My Darling Clementine
(Yes, I'm stealing this from the Kelce speech at the Super Bowl parade last year... don't care)

No one likes us
No one likes us
No one liiiiiikes us we don't caaaaare
We're the jerks from Carolina
No one likes us
We don't caaaaaaare

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
A comment Faulk made last night was interesting and you can see it in the way they play. Faulk said (paraphrasing) that the coaches probably don't like it, but having confidence in the goaltenders allows them to take more chances. I've been seeing more of that. Peters and Brindy both have their defensemen pinch pretty aggressively, join the rush, and have tight gaps in the neutral zone. No doubt, when that breaks down, it leads to more 2-1s, odd man rushes and scrambles to get back in the zone and many times, we fans get pissed about a bad pinch, but I think it's what they are being coached. With Darling, those were automatic goals and/or the team tried to play it so safe that they were anemic offensively. These goalies have been bailing the guys out much of the time when it happens.

What's odd is that I feel like we've actually given up less oddman breaks with the more competent goaltending. I have noticed the Fs being a lot more aware when the D jumps and not losing coverage.

Dip**** Don Cherry drops money on the ground, and Dundo picks it up.

You have a way with words, my friend.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What's odd is that I feel like we've actually given up less oddman breaks with the more competent goaltending. I have noticed the Fs being a lot more aware when the D jumps and not losing coverage.

True. I also think the defense is better overall with the addition of Hamilton, de Hann and loss of Hanifin and Fleuy(who's not playing)/Dahlbeck. Don't think the defense is as good as it could be, but it's better than last year.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
True. I also think the defense is better overall with the addition of Hamilton, de Hann and loss of Hanifin and Fleuy(who's not playing)/Dahlbeck. Don't think the defense is as good as it could be, but it's better than last year.

It seems like the dmen are getting more discretion at the defensive blue line. If the winger is coming full flight, they seem okay with backing off, forcing them wide, instead of trying to make the all or nothing stop of a zone entry. I think that's a huge part of Justin Faulks resurgence defensively.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It seems like the dmen are getting more discretion at the defensive blue line. If the winger is coming full flight, they seem okay with backing off, forcing them wide, instead of trying to make the all or nothing stop of a zone entry. I think that's a huge part of Justin Faulks resurgence defensively.

That’s a hell of an interesting observation with Faulk. He doesn’t have a big reach like the rest of the d-men so that step up D really did him no favors.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017

Absolutely. He is at his best when he does this and separates them from the puck against the boards. He is strong playing against the boards but much less so in open ice.

Now if someone could just teach him how to clear the puck...

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad