News Article: News and Note XXVII: Bunch of Jerks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Persephone is totally checking out Sisyphus' ass on this amfora.

466px-Nekyia_Staatliche_Antikensammlungen_1494_n2.jpg

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
When I was in grade school I had a Ninja Turtles game for the Sega Genesis that I want to say was called "Tournament Fighters" and it was like a Street Fighter-type fighting game that included a character named Sisyphus who was this giant mutant beetle thing. I don't think I've seen him in any other Ninja Turtles-related media and it always struck me as odd.

Cool story, Hansel

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
When I was in grade school I had a Ninja Turtles game for the Sega Genesis that I want to say was called "Tournament Fighters" and it was like a Street Fighter-type fighting game that included a character named Sisyphus who was this giant mutant beetle thing. I don't think I've seen him in any other Ninja Turtles-related media and it always struck me as odd.

Cool story, Hansel
250px-Scarabaeidae_-_Scarabaeus_sacer.JPG

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
In Europe they were called Le Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. They got sais and bos and katanas and nunchuks and were fighting the Foot Clan, but couldn't be called ninjas.

Probably the same reason why the word 'mafia' isn't used in The Godfather film.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
In Europe they were called Le Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. They got sais and bos and katanas and nunchuks and were fighting the Foot Clan, but couldn't be called ninjas.

Probably the same reason why the word 'mafia' isn't used in The Godfather film.

I actually purchased a pair of legit Sais (this was pre-mutant turtles) out of a martial arts catalogue when I was in 7th grade. Most worthless weapons ever. They look cool though.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
12 most likely.

I would have said the opposite, if either winds up being retired. Mostly because of the “competition” that’s already up there. Staal was fine for us, but he wasn’t a Francis or a Brindamour. Ward has most of the franchise’s goaltending records, and it’s often not even close.

Of course, if either player were provided any kind of meaningful support during their prime years here, there’d be no questions about retiring their numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->