GDT: New York Rangers VS Buffalo Sabres April 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Gauthier is a first round pick just like Kravtsov, to others points he has been playing well and doesn't deserve the demotion.
I mean krav was a top 10 pick, and has always been perceived as better then gaut. Gauts play has been good but it certainly hasn’t made him unbenchable.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Man, Philly is bad. Does this mean we're guaranteed to win?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I mean krav was a top 10 pick, and has always been perceived as better then gaut. Gauts play has been good but it certainly hasn’t made him unbenchable.

He has a higher ceiling potentially as a top 6 where Gauthier is probably playing where he belongs as a 3rd line RW. I would think the Rangers are also concerned about Lafreniere and Kravtsov on the same line at this point in their careers. They don't want to mess with the top 6 so that creates some issues on how to get him in there without putting him on the 4th line.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I want Kravtsov in playing for PDG. Seriously can’t understand why he won’t play him. Two years into an ELC and he’s yet to play a game.
How much of that is because he went back home after quitting here?

I mean I understand your frustration about the contract but that horse already left the barn.

Reactions: will1066

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
I get wanting Krav to get reps in the with team etc but he's literally coming over in game shape with and like it's no benefit to him or the team t to keep him out.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
The fact of it is, Kravtsov isn't going to play on the 4th line, and Gauthier hasn't played poorly enough to be demoted or benched.

The first bad game Gauthier has, he's out or demoted for Kravtsov. I can 100% get behind Quinn's reasoning there, benching one young first rounder for another just because they have higher upside isn't right and sends the wrong message to other players and prospects.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Sam is a beloved meme now lol I look forward to the funny stuff....His name is IGOR, it just screams Russia. Not some obscure kid who came outta nowhere, he's a top goalie prospect for like 4-5 years now. Not only did he make him Czech, he's besties with other Czech players too now! Awesome haha, it's not Nolan Ryan, but its close lol

MyLoveIsBlue

Feb 20, 2015
voodoo-doll-buffalo-sabres.gif

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The fact of it is, Kravtsov isn't going to play on the 4th line, and Gauthier hasn't played poorly enough to be demoted or benched.

The first bad game Gauthier has, he's out or demoted for Kravtsov. I can 100% get behind Quinn's reasoning there, benching one young first rounder for another just because they have higher upside isn't right and sends the wrong message to other players and prospects.

I completely agree. I am by no means a Quinn cheerleader but the actions taken so far are pretty right to me. Makes no sense to play Kravtsov on the 4th line, and Gauthier has done nothing to lose his spot. "Kid line" played pretty well last game.

Reactions: EpicDing

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Goat doesn’t need to be benched. Take PDG out

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Kravtsov will get into the lineup once Buchnevich is traded at the deadline. We'll try to rack as many wins with Buch as we can before he goes...

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Thank God Philly lost to them last night. Praise to the Flyers for being the laughing stock. Whew! We dodged a bullet.
Now, Buffalo has new found confidence? Ruh oh.
yeah, we're still gonna lose but it won't be as embarrassing. Like when the Jets were the first team to lose to the Browns in 2 years. Who even remembers who the 2nd team was?

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Kravtsov needs to be in the lineup. We have several bottom 6 plugs who dress each night. None are lighting it up or earning anything long term. VK is a top 6 player. Slot him on the 3rd line for now and go with a 4th line of PDG Rooney Gauthier. If my memory serves me, the 4th line plays more than the 3rd line. So, all this talk of a demotion for Gauthier is ridiculous. Besides, although i like his potential, let's not act like he has earned anything yet. We need to know what VK can do with talented players and the only way to know that is if he plays. I am frustrated with Quinn on this subject. He is tying the hands of the organization in a year where we are not contenders; not even close at this point.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
He needs to play. Team was outplayed against Washington until 3rd period. Only goaltending was difference. How can we say nobody from 3rd or 4th line does not deserve to come out for Kratsov.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Kravtsov will get into the lineup once Buchnevich is traded at the deadline. We'll try to rack as many wins with Buch as we can before he goes...

Man, if they trade Buch it's going to be a sad day on these boards. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it... I honestly don't know what the answer is with all of our wingers. Something has to give in the form of a trade.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Man, if they trade Buch it's going to be a sad day on these boards. I'm not saying they shouldn't do it... I honestly don't know what the answer is with all of our wingers. Something has to give in the form of a trade.

I'll miss Buch too, and his PKing has only made him more valuable. But there's no real way to keep him around and if you gotta sell on a young winger, sell high. If the Rangers can get a young center back for him, that's a huge boon for us.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I'll miss Buch too, and his PKing has only made him more valuable. But there's no real way to keep him around and if you gotta sell on a young winger, sell high. If the Rangers can get a young center back for him, that's a huge boon for us.

With Krav and the kids I'm gonna be sad, but man I can't help but think we can grab a solid C prospect and more for Buch + A grade Prospect/1st/Tony D

Is that really not enough for a Newhook/Turcotte?

Buch would be a huge push over the edge for Colorado especially. And Buch would be one helluva player to attach to Byfield next year..

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I get wanting Krav to get reps in the with team etc but he's literally coming over in game shape with and like it's no benefit to him or the team t to keep him out.
Yes he is in game shape, but he has to get familiar with the system here. He needs a few workouts with the team. The coaches have already expressed this. No need to be impatient. He'll be in next week or maybe sooner. What's the big rush to see him on the ice? We have been playing well of late.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
With Krav and the kids I'm gonna be sad, but man I can't help but think we can grab a solid C prospect and more for Buch + A grade Prospect/1st/Tony D

Is that really not enough for a Newhook/Turcotte?

Buch would be a huge push over the edge for Colorado especially. And Buch would be one helluva player to attach to Byfield next year..
If Colorado needed Buch to push them over the top, yes. That is too much for Turcotte. Not sure I would deal Buch for Turcotte straight up; not a big fan of his clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad