GDT: New York Rangers @ Calgary Flames 7pm MT

Aug 3, 2010
Rangers should pull their goalie to make up for the lost man. :sarcasm:

You must not watch a lot of hockey if you don't think this happens when a team is penalized and down a goal. As in, it happens all the time - anything to win if your team can at least control the puck.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
How are the Rangers going to be in the playoffs? They're so bad. The Flames didn't play that good either, but man, the Rangers suck.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well that was a pretty meh game all things considered. Didn't play all that well. Monahan and Agostino were basically invisible, Backlund played well but didn't pad his stats, and we got two points anyway.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Is it true we are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet? That's what Pat Steinberg said.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Is it true we are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs yet? That's what Pat Steinberg said.

one-in-a-million.jpg

A monkey could tell us the Flames have been eliminated from the playoffs since the start of the season. Take your fancy math somewhere else, Steins. :jump:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

It is true, there's still a chance - but it would take more than a simple miracle to make it.

As for the draft position, I can't see the Flames catching the teams ahead of them in the standings, but they probably won't be caught by the Islanders either.

Winning games is so fun.

What's the word on Nylander these days? Has he dropped? Never hear anything about him now.

ISS has him ranked at #5. Craig Button at #13. Central scouting has him at #2 for European skaters.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Not a super entertaining game (I blame the jerseys) but wins are fun. I'm slowly starting to really trust our goaltending again too.

JulianHopper*

Ramo Shines & Lundqvist Lit In 4-3 Flames Win

Season high 41 shots against Karri Ramo tonight. Made some good saves again and gave the Flames a chance to get back in the game and come from behind to win.

Flames sure don't have trouble scoring in recent games. Joe Colbourne (10), Mark Giordano (13), Kevin Westgarth (3) and Mike Cammalleri (24) getting it done tonight.

Another big game for TJ Brodie tonight, 2 assists and over 27 minutes of ice time.

Four points from the D tonight with Chris Butler getting an assist too.

A bit of a rough start at the beginning of the second period for the Flames but they sure came back strong after the timeout.

Flames better in special team play and getting a powerplay goal by Joe Colbourne which turned out to be the difference in the game.

Good win by the Flames also easy to pick the first and second stars in this game;
Karri Ramo and TJ Brodie.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
hey guise we should trade for reimer since hes better then ramo lolololol

I'm probably the only one, but I wouldn't mind having Reimer has a 1b. I certainly wouldn't want him over Ramo but he could be had for dirt cheap and I think he is still a really good goalie, he just got thrown under the bus in Toronto when Bernier arrived.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm probably the only one, but I wouldn't mind having Reimer has a 1b. I certainly wouldn't want him over Ramo but he could be had for dirt cheap and I think he is still a really good goalie, he just got thrown under the bus in Toronto when Bernier arrived.

No, he's been pretty bad this season. He's had a lot of chances to be the #1 goalie and he threw that opportunity out the window.

Management really needs to give Monahan a breather. You can tell he's worn out.

Colborne has impressed me more and more each game. I think he could be a 40pt player one day.

Hopefully Smid is okay! Billins has been recalled btw.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011

No I agree, that would be a solid goalie duo. Ortio+Roy in the AHL, should keep everyone on their toes. Don't really want to see a plug like Joey Mac next year, just guys with real NHL potential.

Then again, if Reimer is unhappy with the current situation in Toronto he won't find a much easier road to a starter job in Calgary either. Maybe that whole situation is blown out of proportion by the media and his agent anyway and he just needs a change of scenery. Or more precisely: he needs to GTFO of Toronto.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
No I agree, that would be a solid goalie duo. Ortio+Roy in the AHL, should keep everyone on their toes. Don't really want to see a plug like Joey Mac next year, just guys with real NHL potential.

Then again, if Reimer is unhappy with the current situation in Toronto he won't find a much easier road to a starter job in Calgary either. Maybe that whole situation is blown out of proportion by the media and his agent anyway and he just needs a change of scenery. Or more precisely: he needs to GTFO of Toronto.

That is interesting, a lot of goalies are injured this season, which is why I am hoping that there will be a lot of current backups who will have proved themselves in the NHL that will be available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad