Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers |Game 6| 4/29/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
LOL, check his playoff numbers, they're more than fine. Maybe if the team could score, or not run around like a bunch of chicken on defense some games (like tonight).

Part of me wishes the team didn't have Lundqvist, but a subpar goalie. Maybe they'd appreciate Hank then.

Yup but your 8.5m star goalie needs make a few big saves and steal a game now and then. Shutouts against
Winnipeg don't count now.

He s either brilliant or average. You hide behind stats but the guy isn't a big game player.

We don't need to dump this kind of money into a goalie who is incapable of raising his game when it counts

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I would have played Carcillo tonight over Miller. I would also put Carcillo in tomorrow night. We need to finish all the checks and with authority.

I'm not saying Miller is playing badly, but we just got chased all over the rink. Embarrassing to watch.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Yup but your 8.5m star goalie needs make a few big saves and steal a game now and then. Shutouts against

He s either brilliant or average. You hide behind stats but the guy isn't a big game player.

We don't need to dump this kind of money into a goalie who is incapable of raising his game when it counts

The team needs to raise their game. It's tough for the goalie to do it alone when the team doesn't.

The only goal where he really gaffed big time was the 3rd one. Either pull a Hasek and poke-check or stay back try to make the save.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
This afternoon my dad told me nobody goes near Boyle because they are scared of him. I told my dad nobody is scared of Boyle. That he is not a good fighter. So of course Boyle wins a fight tonight lol. I'm happy for my dad. Now he can tell me he was right at lunch tomorrow. Since he is elderly I like him to have those I was right moments. I do not mind saying I was wrong even if it was one of Boyles few winning fights.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm not blaming Lundy but when you are the highest paid goalie in the league there is an expectation (at least among fans) that you will make some saves that are not expected to be saved by other goalies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012

How about shutouts against Washington during the playoffs?

Also, as much as a few folk don't want to admit it, Game 5 was still for the taking. Not his fault that the team proceeded to **** the bed with no answer.

Like I said before, if a Steve Mason and a defensive Flyers team is giving the Rangers fits, then this team has no shot at the cup. This postseason is nothing more than a waste of time.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Straight ROFL at the people blaming Hank. Yeah, definitely his fault we have a bunch of small, ***** players who are allergic to winning puck battles. Refuse to go to the front of the net. Can't get a forecheck going, can't get to rebounds, can't win board battles, can't make plays with any type of pressure being applied. Average team with above average skill that is one dimensional and relatively easy to prevent from scoring.

Saved for the next time you call me out for ******** on the team.

Which is a weird way of saying I agree entirely.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
No shocked. Not surprised. Only thing I'm really upset about is 61 just continuing to float around. Can sather just retire already please

Minkus

Strangers
Feb 1, 2014
Houston, TX
No shocked. Not surprised. Only thing I'm really upset about is 61 just continuing to float around. Can sather just retire already please

Agreed. Since the Nash trade this team hasn't had much of a cohesive identity. It's just like a hodgepodge of players. New GM with an actual vision for a team rather than a narrow, player-by-player view would be nice.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team really is made up of mental midgets.

How do you put in such a poor effort with a chance to win the series? How about a little push back? They scored that 1st goal and that was enough to take the wind out of our sails. The second one might as well have made it 10-0 with how our guys came back from it.

The PP is abysmal.

Under Torts' Rangers I was confident in the past 3 game 7s. This team not so much. You don't know what team you're going to get. The solid defensively, puck possession monsters who score opportunistic goals? Or the mental midgets who IN THE PLAYOFFS show a lack of urgency far too often?

Philly has confidence, they know they can beat us. The believe they can beat us. Who knows what our guys think.

Not very optimistic about tomorrow at all. Aside from home ice we don't have much going for us.

On the one hand, I want to lose tomorrow so some real changes are made. On the other hand, **** Philly, I don't want them to move on.

What "real" changes would you anticipate? We fired our coach last year. What else besides buy out Richards, who has been our best or second best forward so far in the series, can we do? Trade Nash? Doubtful. Let Stralman and Boyle walk and bring in more hired guns who won't be as good in their roles? I don't know what real changes can be made this off season.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Straight ROFL at the people blaming Hank. Yeah, definitely his fault we have a bunch of small, ***** players who are allergic to winning puck battles. Refuse to go to the front of the net. Can't get a forecheck going, can't get to rebounds, can't win board battles, can't make plays with any type of pressure being applied. Average team with above average skill that is one dimensional and relatively easy to prevent from scoring.

Straight ROFL at the people who refuse to blame him. It's a team game and he sucked as much as anyone out there.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They also have a competent power play.

And they don't stop playing when they're down.

And they constantly change momentum of games.

And their penalty kill is light years ahead of ours.

These two are the most important parts. Philly can sway the momentum of the game into their favor with a big shift.

They also don't stop coming (when they're playing their game, like they were tonight). No lead is safe from them. They don't care about the score, they keep coming. This Rangers team always lets the score impact the way they play.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
This "they dominated after the first goal" bit isn't really true. They dominated the first 10 minutes. By the end of the period, as in after the goal, the play had evened out and the shots were also even after one. The hyperbole on these boards can be amazing. The Rangers 'dominated' nothing in this game. They had a chance to advance and they lost 5-2. They dominated NOTHING. They had a strong start that was neutralized within 10-12 minutes and that was that.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
What?

The Rangers dominated after the first goal. The second goal was the one that broke them and the third caused them to give up entirely.

:help:
Sorry, I meant first goal in the second period. And third for the one that might as well have made it 10-0.

They just gave up. That Philly team wouldn't have given up. Especially with all the PPs, we had so many chances to pot one or two and be right back in it. Even late in the second, score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes and it's a two goal game going into the third.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Henrik is messed up since the change in the goalie pads. He used to be money on breakaways, now he stops very few. The 5 hole has become a problem. He has absolutely regressed from last year and the years before just in time to pay him $8 Million per.

That goal had absolutely nothing to do with his pads and had everything to do with him being torn between going out to play the puck (which he should've tried to do) and staying in his net (causing him to go into that desperation flop).

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Look on the bright side guys, it's looking more and more likely that we won't lose our first rounder this year just so we can draft a 3rd line 2 way forward! Or another defense first defenseman! #InGordieWeBust

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Went to bed after the second, had absolutely no faith in this team after the 3rd goal. How telling.

Not one defenseman played well. Maybe Staal. Stralman, McD, Girardi, all complete garbage.

That really might have been G's worst game as a Ranger. His giveaway on the 1st goal was just brutal.

If McDonagh isn't playing hurt right now........I don't even know. **** Burrows.

How many ****ing wide open looks is Stralman going to get that he won't bury?

Seriously, I'd have rathered ANYBODY got that hat trick over Wayne ****ing Simmonds.

Did Boyle actually win a fight? LOL

PP is in a new stratosphere of bad. Don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Hank is paid like an elite ****ing goalie, and is an elite ****ing goalie. He should be able to steal a game in this series. Hasn't done it. Can't remember him doing it ONCE this year. Of course it's not his fault but god damn he isn't helping that much.

Brassard just sucks.

These penalties have made me almost do a complete 180 on my opinion of Pouliot and resigning him. He had a brutal series with the Bruins in 2012, and didn't play particularly well for the Habs in 2010.

**** this team. I don't even care if they win tomorrow.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Went to bed after the second, had absolutely no faith in this team after the 3rd goal. How telling.

Not one defenseman played well. Maybe Staal. Stralman, McD, Girardi, all complete garbage.

That really might have been G's worst game as a Ranger. His giveaway on the 1st goal was just brutal.

If McDonagh isn't playing hurt right now........I don't even know. **** Burrows.

How many ****ing wide open looks is Stralman going to get that he won't bury?

Seriously, I'd have rathered ANYBODY got that hat trick over Wayne ****ing Simmonds.

Did Boyle actually win a fight? LOL

PP is in a new stratosphere of bad. Don't even want to talk about it anymore.

Hank is paid like an elite ****ing goalie, and is an elite ****ing goalie. He should be able to steal a game in this series. Hasn't done it. Can't remember him doing it ONCE this year. Of course it's not his fault but god damn he isn't helping that much.

Brassard just sucks.

These penalties have made me almost do a complete 180 on my opinion of Pouliot and resigning him. He had a brutal series with the Bruins in 2012, and didn't play particularly well for the Habs in 2010.

**** this team. I don't even care if they win tomorrow.

After another blown chance by Stralman, I said he's the best logo sniper in the league. Every single chance he gets, right into the goalie's chest.

Sometimes, Brassard is allergic to shooting the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad