Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers |Game 6| 4/29/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Rangers showed how mentally weak they are tonight. Not sure how they pull it together in under 24 hours. Not sure they deserve to.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Hopefully, that's the last time that neanderthal fanbase watches their team on home ice this season.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Game was over after the first period (which we dominated), and couldn't score. They expended all their energy early hoping to silence the home crowd early.

Absolute crap second period. Probably one of the worst periods of hockey this team has played all year, and it came a goal down in a game when we could have closed out a series.

No. Mental. Toughness. I'm sick of it. Maybe if the Rangers lose tomorrow we'll see some real changes made.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
After the first penalty

9444_42bc.gif

NYRANGERAMI*

Horrendous game.... Horrible passing...horrible defense....horrible PP....horrible penalty killing....Horrible aiming at net....Horrible intermission where they interview a Flyer....but...and theres always a but...no not a butt....like we played tonight....like a donkeys behind...but a but...WE WIN TOMORROW....LGR!!!!!!!!!

NYR Lunchbox

Jul 23, 2007
New Jersey
good luck tomorrow guys. i hope our team wins but these refs have made me not care. a cup based on agendas and lies is not what i want to watch. i am a die hard rangers fan but this league has served me enough poop for my dismissal of what could be enjoyable. amongst my friends who are devils rangers FLYERS and PENGUINS fans this is the worst reffed playoffs in history and i am done. i enjoy minor league baseball more then the majors and it may just so happen that i think about hockey in the same light as this is BS on the league and offcials side.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Fission mailed tonight..BIG time !

From Twitter;

@BroadStHockey: Rangers fan was throwing punches as he was being led down the stairs.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I'm glad they scored twice, might mean nothing, but good to know Mason won't go in off a shutout tomorrow.

I still expect a win tomorrow. I really don't think this team will come out and lay an egg at MSG, of course in a game 7 a bad bounce is all it takes to lose. 3 chances wasted to go up two games this series, all just wasted.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sounded like the PP was awful again during the 3rd on my drive home. Also Maloney was ripping their faceoff ability.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Had all the momentum, bad penalty by Pouliot, even worse turnover by Girardi and we gave that team life. Could've easily been up 3-0 after 1 with some more poise and finish. Not being able to get the next goal after being down 1-0 was huge. If Nash buries that GLORIOUS chance after the turnover, this one's MUCH different.

This team consistently lacks a killer instinct when in the back of their minds they know there's another game. We need our top guns to really step it up in a do or die, and we need Henrik to be the Henrik we have seen he can be when it's all on the line.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
On the one hand, I want to lose tomorrow so some real changes are made. On the other hand, **** Philly, I don't want them to move on.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I was usually pretty optimistic before this year, but even if we win tomorrow, we are not a Stanley Cup contender. I’ve never seen a team with such little sense of urgency, or a team with such little mental toughness. The players are not completely the same, but 12 straight losses when attempting to go up in a series? Rick Nash should be ashamed of himself. 2 goals in 22 playoff games is an embarrassment for an 8 million dollar player. Sure, he gets chances. Sure, he gets assists. Put the puck in the net. That’s what he’s paid to do. Not be a perimeter player who makes a fancy move once in a while but is afraid to get to the front of the net.

Pouliot—played great after the first 30 games. But in this series he’s been putting us shorthanded at absolutely terrible times.

Hagelin really lacks hockey IQ. It’s so obvious from this series.

Dorsett’s diving is embarrassing. He’s also another dummy. The 4th line plays well together but I’m not a big Dorsett fan. Miller too, but he’s only 20. He is horrid defensively, though.

It’s a big problem how many low hockey IQ players the Rangers have.

McDonagh has to still be hurt. Girardi picked a great time to have one of his worst career games. Lundqvist can be better in the series. He was not at fault tonight at all. I’m talking about in the other losses.

I just believe this year is going to end in disappointment. It might be tomorrow, it might be in the next round. But the team doesn’t have what it takes to be a champion. Something needs to change around here. I’m sick of being mediocre and getting to the 2nd round every year but not really having a chance to do anything else. And yet, we keep trading picks.

The Rangers should have ended this series in 5 games. You can’t blow a 2-0 lead at home in the playoffs. You can’t stop playing just because you score first. We dominated this series 5 on 5. Philly’s PP goes 5/17. Ours can’t score in 18 straight attempts. Special teams win playoff games.

Whatever, I’m ranting. Most of this probably doesn’t make sense. Needed to get it off my chest though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad