Not open for further replies.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Butch at the end of the game (I'm paraphrasing a bit):

"It was a good game, decided by a fluke goal"

"The Isles played well and lost because of a fluke goal"

"Yes, Howie, the Rangers played well but they got the two points because of a fluke goal"

"Did I mention the Rangers scored a fluke goal?"

Yeah, I turned off the TV the millisecond the clock hit zero. I couldn't listen to it any longer than I had to.

As I said, I'm fine with a little homer bias. It's borne out of knowing your own players better than the opponent's players. But, the best broadcasters sprinkle in at least a few meaningful insights and compliments when referring to the opponent.

Goring just doesn't have a single shred of broadcaster integrity.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I was stuck with the Isles broadcast last night, being out of market and all.

Goring is just embarrassing. Talking about how the Rangers had no excuse if they lost the game, since Talbot has been just as good as Hank since assuming starter duties. Then, after a couple minutes of that, the Isles score, and he says "if all it took was talking about Talbot for the Islanders to score, we should have done it a lot sooner!" Then, as the game wears on and the Rangers start to take control, all the excuses start coming out, from back-to-back, to Nick Leddy, to a whole host of other garbage.

I can understand a little homer bias in a regional broadcast, but Goring is just a cheerleader with very little meaningful hockey insight.

Not as bad as Pittsburgh, but still cancer to my ears.

Well, then he started whining about the officiating and thought a penalty shot should have been awarded when a guy was hooked at the opposite blue line. Then everything should have been a penalty on the Rangers, and the calls against the Islanders were weak or bad.

It was approaching Pittsburgh-like broadcasting. Howie "Benedict Arnold" Rose isn't much better.

It is absolutely pathetic that NHL Network shows "national" games with these jokes of local broadcasts. It's even bad when the Ranger feed is picked up, because while Sam and Joe aren't stupid homers, they aren't the most insightful when it comes to the opponent.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
C'mon, the 4th line (including Glass) were pretty damn good tonight, 3rd line not bad either.

One game can erase everything. Tanner Glass, clean slate earned! I am convinced he is suddenly good at hockey and will not ever play like the worst player in the league again.

YOLO, put him on the first line, maybe he'll score a hat-trick too!

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Well, then he started whining about the officiating and thought a penalty shot should have been awarded when a guy was hooked at the opposite blue line. Then everything should have been a penalty on the Rangers, and the calls against the Islanders were weak or bad.

It was approaching Pittsburgh-like broadcasting. Howie "Benedict Arnold" Rose isn't much better.

It is absolutely pathetic that NHL Network shows "national" games with these jokes of local broadcasts. It's even bad when the Ranger feed is picked up, because while Sam and Joe aren't stupid homers, they aren't the most insightful when it comes to the opponent.

Sam: Knows every player in the NHL
Joe: Can't stop gushing about every player in the NHL

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Take a look at Pittsburgh's remaining schedule.

I like it. Playing an easy schedule towards the play-offs is what makes your team complacent. I much rather struggle against top teams in the final weeks than having easy wins against lottery teams. That way the team is ready for what is waiting for them in the play-offs. I would love to see the Penguins eliminated in the 1st round.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I like it. Playing an easy schedule towards the play-offs is what makes your team complacent. I much rather struggle against top teams in the final weeks than having easy wins against lottery teams. That way the team is ready for what is waiting for them in the play-offs. I would love to see the Penguins eliminated in the 1st round.

Pens - Isles in the first round please.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Cupcake schedule for the Rangers. Picked up only 7 of 8 points against Nashville, Detroit, Chicago and the Islanders while playing without their best player. No wonder this team doesn't scare Islander fans.

Why would they be afraid of us? You can only fear when you can rationalize, that would mean having a brain.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I pray that the front office keeps in mind that what the Rangers gave up to get MSL is now a sunk cost.

Move forward with the goal of making the team the best it can be next year, not with the assets invested into bringing MSL over in mind.

it was worth it at the time...

he should have been solid this season--he's just been average.

Nowhere near worth the $5M some people were saying earlier in the year

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
although we won the last 2 games...id avoid the isles at all costs in the playoffs. thats not a good matchup for this team.

I don't fear them, they should fear us, as any team should at this point. It would be "extra" exciting though.

Hell no. We're battle tested. Islanders have one good season and we're avoiding them? **** that. Lets see these punks do it in the playoffs.

Why should the Rangers be the team to "teach them" what it takes in becoming "battle tested", let them try and figure that out without our help. Lol.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
My friends told me I was overreacting, but didn't Cizikas slewfoot Fast before a faceoff last night?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
MSL needs to come off the 1st power play unit and Zucc needs to be on that one:

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Stepan-Yandle

Kreider-Miller-MSL
Boyle-McDonagh

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
My friends told me I was overreacting, but didn't Cizikas slewfoot Fast before a faceoff last night?

Nah poked him in the back of the knee with his stick and man were they whining about Fast diving. lol if anyone has been poked like that in the back of the knee it's not easy to hold your balance.

Make sure you have some cheese to go with this whine:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2015/3/...y-dives-draws-penalty-on-astonished-islanders

It definitely was not a slew foot.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
My initial reaction to Fast play was that it was a dive. After watching it several times I've done a complete 180.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I usually don't jump into the fray when it comes to complaining about commentating (outside a few good hearted jabs at Doc) but last night was infuriating. Goring really comes off as an angry, arrogant *****. The worst.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
My initial reaction to Fast play was that it was a dive. After watching it several times I've done a complete 180.

What's great is that Fast totally baited him into it. Before that, Cizikas poked him once with the stick and Fast grabbed it and held on for 5-10 seconds. That just made Cizikas mad... and we saw what happened.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Do any of you feel that we should give Talbot some games in the playoffs, given Hank is able to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad