Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at New York Islanders 3/10/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Do any of you feel that we should give Talbot some games in the playoffs, given Hank is able to play?

Absolutely not. Talbot is good and I think he can be a starter in the league. But Lundqvist is the best player on the team when he's healthy.

You don't give your backup goalie games during the playoffs unless your #1 is crapping the bed. It never, ever, works out in the end. Just look at St Louis.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Absolutely not. Talbot is good and I think he can be a starter in the league. But Lundqvist is the best player on the team when he's healthy.

You don't give your backup goalie games during the playoffs unless your #1 is crapping the bed. It never, ever, works out in the end. Just look at St Louis.

Or Anaheim, the prime example of goalie gambling.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
MSL needs to come off the 1st power play unit and Zucc needs to be on that one:

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Stepan-Yandle

Kreider-Miller-MSL
Boyle-McDonagh

I'd stick Hayes there. Miller on the wing in MSL's place, but it won't happen for obvious reasons.

Also you can't have a NYR PP without Girardi.

Do any of you feel that we should give Talbot some games in the playoffs, given Hank is able to play?

No, we should just ride all the way with Talbot.

Should've moved Hank at the deadline when he had value. Now we have a Luongo/Schneider type controversy.

Could've gotten at least a 6th rounder back. And Cap Space.

Cap Space could've been on our 1st pair instead of Girardi. Cap Space has potential for the best Corsi in NHL. The Fenwick of a McD-CS pairing would be unreal.

McD would regain last season's form in no time paired with Cap Space. Who needs Hank when we could've traded for Captain Cap Space.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
No, we should just ride all the way with Talbot.

Should've moved Hank at the deadline when he had value. Now we have a Luongo/Schneider type controversy.

Could've gotten at least a 6th rounder back. And Cap Space.

Cap Space could've been on our 1st pair instead of Girardi. Cap Space has potential for the best Corsi in NHL. The Fenwick of a McD-CS pairing would be unreal.

McD would regain last season's form in no time paired with Cap Space. Who needs Hank when we could've traded for Captain Cap Space.

Cap Space is the missing piece for this team. Too bad we kept Lundqvist and had to get Yandle as well. :(

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Quick turnaround vs good team that we've previously owned. Exact same amount of GF (200) and they've given up only 9 more goals than we have. Impressive.

We had better get off to a good start, and preferably a 2 goal lead at least, then ride the wave. Learn from what the Piles would've wanted do to us last night. We got our legs midway, and then it seemed game was going to be ours.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Isle's forecheck is insanely aggressive in the first period. You just have to survive that and then they usually settle down enough that we can take control of the game the next two periods. Kind of like the games we had with the Kings in the final. Gotta win more than just 1 period a majority of the time to win games.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
The only way talbot will be seeing a game as a starter is if we're pouding the opposition 3-0 in the series and it's strickly to just keep lundqvist fresh for the next round. Even then it's very iffy.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
The only way talbot will be seeing a game as a starter is if we're pouding the opposition 3-0 in the series and it's strickly to just keep lundqvist fresh for the next round. Even then it's very iffy.

I wouldn't be against starting Cam the second day of a back to back after a game went to triple overtime

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

No you let Hank close them out and have a week off after that. Don't give them a chance to get back into a series

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
I wonder if we would have beaten the Lightning in the final 2 meetings of the season if we had played them 5 times.

To me the results against Tampa are really deceiving this year. All 3 meetings took place before Hank found his game. The team was still getting going also.

We dominated the last game, but it was Hank's worst of the year. He literally lost it single-handedly.

Game 2 was fairly even, but I'd give overall edge in play to NYR. Hank wasn't at his best. Bishop was better, but we should've at least gotten a point out of it.

Game 1 Tampa thoroughly outplayed us. Practically everybody looked awful from what I remember.

Henrik looked like a different goalie during play-offs in Montreal than regular season last year. Except Game 5. I expect a similar positive transformation if we meet Tampa.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I wonder if we would have beaten the Lightning in the final 2 meetings of the season if we had played them 5 times.

Wonder if the Rangers didn't play the Lightning 3 times in 14 days when the Lightning were hot and the Rangers weren't if the results would have been different.

The schedule has been exceptionally stupid for any number of reasons this season, this just being one of them.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
How would putting Talbot in be giving them a chance to get back in the series? No basis for that line of thinking.

You mean putting in a worse goalie wouldn't give the other team a boost? Besides Talbot has a .846 SV% in the playoffs. Don't want him in there.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
My fear is that because Henrick is a slow starter every season and needs games to get into a grove, a few weeks of games is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce