Three stars at Edmonton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
We could still end up in the lottery even if we somehow did end up in the playoffs.Could always trade into it.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
We try to win and have three consecutive 101+ point seasons with a President's Trophy; people flip their **** when we lose a few consecutive games in those seasons.

We try to lose and go on a nine game losing streak; people flip their **** when we win three consecutive games where we get bombarded by poor to mediocre teams.

Maybe we just need to not flip our **** over short patches in a season? It's no easier to lose than it is to win.
Yeah but back then it would be everyone, now it's just a couple people lol.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm super conflicted. I've actually enjoyed the last few games as even though our D was horrible against Vancouver and Calgary, they still got good chances and it was cool to see our new guys do well. I'm cheering the goals but honestly ideally I'd see Lundqvist take a break for the rest of the season and us lose 10-9 the rest of the way.

I get that.

Maybe later in the season I'll be able to hope for losses, but I'm not there yet.

Reactions: egelband

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Being apathetic for 26 games will literally have no influence on the outcome of those games.

Why not cheer for our young guys to establish themselves and show that they belong, while accepting that the inevitable losses come with a silver lining?
I mean that's basically what I'm already doing. I want the young guys to play well AND I want a high draft pick. I definitely don't want this team to make the playoffs though. We would get steamrolled. I'm not interested in watching the Rangers get swept by the Lightning. That sounds a lot worse to me than watching them lose regular season games to close out the season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I get that.

Maybe later in the season I'll be able to hope for losses, but I'm not there yet.

It's harder than doing so for the Giants where there's no lottery, you can legit go 1-15, and they have sucked so much lately that I'm desensitized to them losing. I legit watched them play against Kansas City and rooted for a loss. Though, I couldn't do it against the Eagles and Redskins.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean that's basically what I'm already doing. I want the young guys to play well AND I want a high draft pick. I definitely don't want this team to make the playoffs though. We would get steamrolled. I'm not interested in watching the Rangers get swept by the Lightning. That sounds a lot worse to me than watching them lose regular season games to close out the season.

I didn't watch much of the 2016 series as I was at grad school in Pittsburgh. But that 2006 series was brutal to watch. But at least that felt like we were progressing as an organization. I wouldn't want to see our team lose like that and feel like we're regressing.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It's harder than doing so for the Giants where there's no lottery, you can legit go 1-15, and they have sucked so much lately that I'm desensitized to them losing. I legit watched them play against Kansas City and rooted for a loss. Though, I couldn't do it against the Eagles and Redskins.

Yeah, the uncertainty that comes with the lottery system is definitely one obstacle for me.

I'm a Steelers fan, so I haven't been in the position to root for losses much :sarcasm:, but I know I could with ease.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Apropos lol

sadness-2018-03-03.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hi, Ori and Placid

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Georgiyev looking pretty good. Challenging for a backup role next year? Kid looks solid.

Goalies always go on little runs like this, but I hope AV keeps tossing him out there. Why not?

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
Now that it's a lottery at the draft we can go on winning and still get one of the top picks. Let's enjoy it now when the team is winning. It's also a necessary experience for the young players to win games in the NHL, not only to lose them. Georgiev won the 1st game after all. Psychologically it's very important for him to gain confidence.

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
By the way, Lundquist started against a stronger opponent in Calgary, Georgiev played vs. a weaker one in Edmonton. The strategy worked perfectly: we won two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad