Three stars at Edmonton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
It's a little different since there's a lottery in the NHL but some of you guys would have bragged about the Giants winning a few extra games at the end of the 2003 season and not getting Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger.
To be fair Big Ben fell to 11th and we traded for Eli

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
We try to win and have three consecutive 101+ point seasons with a President's Trophy; people flip their shit when we lose a few consecutive games in those seasons.

We try to lose and go on a nine game losing streak; people flip their shit when we win three consecutive games where we get bombarded by poor to mediocre teams.

Maybe we just need to not flip our shit over short patches in a season? It's no easier to lose than it is to win.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Ottawa, Buffalo, Vancouver, Arizona and Edmonton. We weren't catching any of those teams so don't see how we pick in top-3 and grab one of Dahlin/Svech/Zadina.

I mean considering the teams we need to pass us for a top 3 pick we might as well go for broke trying to get to the big dance.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We try to win and have three consecutive 101+ point seasons with a President's Trophy; people flip their **** when we lose a few consecutive games in those seasons.

We try to lose and go on a nine game losing streak; people flip their **** when we win three consecutive games where we get bombarded by poor to mediocre teams.

Maybe we just need to not flip our **** over short patches in a season? It's no easier to lose than it is to win.

With the defense we have right now it should be easy to lose.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, true I`ve seen Lucic much better - and he was well known part of his physical game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I like the idea of a tank. But as soon as I turn on the game my blood hots up and I want the boys to win.
It’s quite nice knowing that if they do lose, it’s actually not a horrible thing. It’s a hedge. But I can’t truly root for the tank.

So, play by play I root for them to win, but then I feel conflicted when they do.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This team that won three in a row is part of the rebuild. Where you plug your joy in is your choice, but why not see this as part of a continuum? How exactly should losses be manufactured, if that is indeed the wish?
Good point. The guys we‘re rebuilding with are showing a good deal of fight.

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
People need to relax. Look at our upcoming schedule. Winnipeg, Tampa Bay twice, Pittsburgh, Florida, CBJ, Philly twice, Washington twice. We're going to lose games. Relax.

We beat two teams worse than us and a bubble team. Calm down.

Reactions: nyrage

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Not since Kreider came back. This offense has always been well above average when healthy and now it's worse than game 1 of the season but not significantly as Vlad and Spooner are good players.

Hank just had back-to-back 50 save games for the first time since Gump Worsely. We would need twice the offense that we have to keep up with that kind of shell shock.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
But the cognitive dissonance from watching your team and cheering for them to lose isn't driving you insane?

Because there is no way I could do it. If it comes down to them needing losses, I probably will not be watching those games.

I'm super conflicted. I've actually enjoyed the last few games as even though our D was horrible against Vancouver and Calgary, they still got good chances and it was cool to see our new guys do well. I'm cheering the goals but honestly ideally I'd see Lundqvist take a break for the rest of the season and us lose 10-9 the rest of the way.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
But the cognitive dissonance from watching your team and cheering for them to lose isn't driving you insane?

Because there is no way I could do it. If it comes down to them needing losses, I probably will not be watching those games.
When you think of it as long term over instant gratification it's much easier to be apathetic about losing.

Reactions: Ail and NYRFANMANI

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
When you think of it as long term over instant gratification it's much easier to be apathetic about losing.

Being apathetic for 26 games will literally have no influence on the outcome of those games.

Why not cheer for our young guys to establish themselves and show that they belong, while accepting that the inevitable losses come with a silver lining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad