Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Columbus Blue Jackets 4/4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm glad they clinched, but McDonagh PLEASE be okay by next week.

E. Staal-Hayes-Fast is a beast line. They play almost all of their shifts in the offensive zone.

Kreider is FINALLY playing how he should, using his speed and going to the net. No more hesitating and peeling off with the puck. Very happy with his play lately.

And I know it was the Blue Jackets but I thought Marc Staal looked awesome tonight.

Playoffs just around the corner. He can smell it.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
AV says we're going for home-ice (duh) and Boyle might sit a game. Funny because Boyle has played better as of late

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We needed to win against Pittsburgh and then against Carolina and Buffalo. We needed to win tonight too and finally won.

Hopefully McDonagh will be okay for the playoffs because I don't see us winning even a single round without him.

Nash needs to pick it up.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
Still can't admit that Hank had a good game huh? :laugh:
Is this an inside joke...he had an O.K. game IMO...thats it. If he didn't let up that last game you could make the argument he had a good game....but he hugs the post properly and that stays out of the net no matter how bad of a play it was by Klein.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
We needed to win against Pittsburgh and then against Carolina and Buffalo. We needed to win tonight too and finally won.

Hopefully McDonagh will be okay for the playoffs because I don't see us winning even a single round without him.

Nash needs to pick it up.
Nash has been getting better each game. I'm not worried about him.

As badly as we've played. This team can get hot and win it all.

sark76

Oct 9, 2011
Pripyat Marshes
If McD is only 75% for the playoffs but says he can go, do you still play him? I say he's gotta be close to 100 to plays...From my experience watching him play only partially healed in the playoffs, I'd rather have a scratched player at 100%. Maybe this injury will be different because it's not his leg, but man he was rough the last playoffs he was trying to play through injury.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`m happy that we reach the playoffs - beers all around, because I get money back from my taxes as well this summer! :)
And cross fingers for Ryan Mc. hope he is well.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Is this an inside joke...he had an O.K. game IMO...thats it. If he didn't let up that last game you could make the argument he had a good game....but he hugs the post properly and that stays out of the net no matter how bad of a play it was by Klein.

It also hit Boyle's stick, i'm pretty sure.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
BOLD PREDICTION - McIlrath comes in for McDonagh and wins the Conn Smythe.

On another note, at least we won't have to worry about McDonagh trying to kill Zuccarello again..

Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It also hit Boyle's stick, i'm pretty sure.

It wasn't a bad or 'soft' goal as so many here like to post seconds after the puck ends in the back of our net, just an unlucky bounce and a great move by Foligno to make Klein look like a pylon.

Henrik was in VH and hugging the post, expecting Foligno to cut toward the crease, so as he started to move laterally the puck bounced off Klein, and off the back of Hank's glove and found a hole.

Hank has to move slightly off the post because he has to respect the puck carrier preparing to cut in toward him. If he stays at the post and isn't ready to explode off, he's toasted.

cuEBmn8.png

jWeXNYm.png

As was posted in the GDT:

It's a low percentage scoring play, where Foligno got some puck luck once he lost control and the puck found a hole.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
The sad part is your not even joking. Priced their own fans out of the arena

the garden atmosphere hasn't been the same in years....when opposing teams played their our fans ( mostly real fans then ) made it so the opposing team was playing in the lion's den...now the arena is so weak

full of yuppies who didn't play for their tickets/ corporate seating = weak crowd

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Wow I feel like an ass, I missed the game :(

As of late I have a Heroes of the Storm addiction and time flew by but damn, CONGRATS! Now just get healthy and focus on fixing the little things we do wrong (a lot of them).

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS

As of late I have a Heroes of the Storm addiction and time flew by but damn, CONGRATS! Now just get healthy and focus on fixing the little things we do wrong (a lot of them).

Well at least we won, and actually played a pretty good game. :laugh:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010

Morale of the story is, every time the Rangers have a match, go play Blizzard games :D

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Congrats to the Rangers, the coaches, and the executives! This team is on an incredible run. They have made the playoffs 10 of 11 years. That's a heck of an accomplishment! Congrats!

Also, one day, when the Rangers truly are horrible, this board will appreciate this run much more. It's beyond pathetic to come on here to read the sad attempts to paint this current team in such a negative light. I'm not surprised that after a playoff clinching game there is only 3 pages of responses. It shows how few people are really even minded, non-critical fans.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I'd be surprised if it's not Washington or Pittsburgh in the SCF. Detroit is mediocre; Tampa is injured; Panthers aren't as good as their record; Islanders have been playing like ****; Flyers are the Flyers. Honestly Washington hasn't even been great recently. Boston sneaks in, their defense is **** and Rask can't stop a beach ball this year.

Good summary, I wonder what happen with Rask.. :laugh:
I guess the west teams are strong favourites yet another year. :shakehead

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
If they win tonight, they can finish no worse than the 1WC. Philadelphia can't catch them in that scenario, and they've already passed Detroit and Boston.

They could also put themselves in a position to "accidentally on purpose" lose the last two and end up in the 1WC spot. Granted, that's "letting" an Islander team win that might be thinking the exact same thing.

Win tonight, and that Islander game might be a 7-6 no hitter.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Voted Kreider, Eric and Hayes.

Love love love how our 3rd line is clicking. If they can keep it up they'll be money in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad