Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Columbus Blue Jackets 4/4/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Btw if they play Florida (either one), it's cheaper to fly to Miami and get tickets for 2, 8 rows from the ice and a hotel room than it is to go to MSG and get tickets in the blue seats (assuming you don't live in Manhattan and have to do at least a slight bit of travel).

Unreal. :shakehead

NYRangers3061

Lets Go Rangers!!!
Jan 9, 2015
Rangerstown
I'm in the DC area and 2 people can literally get to Florida faster by air and stay in south beach for like 200 cheaper overall, not to mention the food/drinks. Thinking of making a weekend out of it if it's the team we play instead of blowing a grand just for the privilege of sitting in MSG this year.

It's really getting a bit silly. We payed 400 a pop for 3rd round against Montreal a few years back, and that's about what the first round is going now for in the same seats. Resellers of course.

Used to be able to afford 5-10 games per season. Now I'm lucky if I get more than one. Luckily I picked a good game to go to this year. Saw game vs the Keafs when Stepan scored from center ice and Zuccs won it late in regulation.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
McDonagh still being evaluated in Columbus, and AV says that a callup is likely. Welcome back Brady Skjei.

I'm guessing they're trying to get the swelling down before they can make a prognosis

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
It's kind of hard to be disappointed when you already think the team sucks and have zero expectations for them anyway isn't it?

No, you still want them to win, and it's still disappointing if they don't, but yeah it's not like I'll be shocked if they get bounced.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
McDonagh still being evaluated in Columbus, and AV says that a callup is likely. Welcome back Brady Skjei.

I'm guessing they're trying to get the swelling down before they can make a prognosis

Regardless of the extent of the injury, IMO you shut him down for these last 3 games.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Not to be THAT guy after a playoff clinching win but thank the gods that Columbus sucks lol.

Not sure how they looked on tv, but seeing it live, I though they played pretty well. 4th line, to me was there best line. They did a great job on the forecheck, and created a few oportunities. Started chasing a bit after columbus's flukey second goal, but all in all I think they played a solid game.

*Bob Richards*

Not sure how they looked on tv, but seeing it live, I though they played pretty well. 4th line, to me was there best line. They did a great job on the forecheck, and created a few oportunities. Started chasing a bit after columbus's flukey second goal, but all in all I think they played a solid game.

I thought they played okay. Certainly enough to win and I guess that's all that matters.

I was waiting though WAITING for Columbus to find a way to tie it up on that final power play. Good thing their last minute was terrible. :laugh:

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
I thought they played okay. Certainly enough to win and I guess that's all that matters.

I was waiting though WAITING for Columbus to find a way to tie it up on that final power play. Good thing their last minute was terrible. :laugh:
Me too! I was cursing them out when zuc took that penalty with 2:03 left. Once they pulled the goalie I was having flashbacks to the Detroit game a few weeks ago, but they hit the empty net this time, so they've made progress :laugh:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The East is WIIIDDDEEE open.

Any team in the East can make the ECF with a little bit of luck.
I'd be surprised if it's not Washington or Pittsburgh in the SCF. Detroit is mediocre; Tampa is injured; Panthers aren't as good as their record; Islanders have been playing like ****; Flyers are the Flyers. Honestly Washington hasn't even been great recently. Boston sneaks in, their defense is **** and Rask can't stop a beach ball this year.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
I'd be surprised if it's not Washington or Pittsburgh in the SCF. Detroit is mediocre; Tampa is injured; Panthers aren't as good as their record; Islanders have been playing like ****; Flyers are the Flyers. Honestly Washington hasn't even been great recently. Boston sneaks in, their defense is **** and Rask can't stop a beach ball this year.

I got a funny feeling Washington is gonna choke again this year. Right now IMO the Penguins are the team to beat in the East, especially if Malkin and Fluery come back at some point.

*Bob Richards*

I got a funny feeling Washington is gonna choke again this year. Right now IMO the Penguins are the team to beat in the East, especially if Malkin and Fluery come back at some point.

Oh how I long for this to happen.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm glad they clinched, but McDonagh PLEASE be okay by next week.

E. Staal-Hayes-Fast is a beast line. They play almost all of their shifts in the offensive zone.

Kreider is FINALLY playing how he should, using his speed and going to the net. No more hesitating and peeling off with the puck. Very happy with his play lately.

And I know it was the Blue Jackets but I thought Marc Staal looked awesome tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad