Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Carolina Hurricanes 3/21/15: The Losing Streak Ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Nash had a good game.
Talbot so good.
Zuccarello made himself very noticeable.
Fast works his butt off out there. Bet that goal felt pretty damned nice.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
We were only good in the 2nd and OT. 1st and 3rd were poor. In the 3rd we made Carolina look like the Kings.

Someone had better find the suitcase with Nash's offense that got lost at the airport. He's looking exactly like last season's playoffs. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone in the top 6 is eager to pick up the slack from him.

I think our best skater by far was Miller. Hayes and Fast were also pretty good and Zuccarello had a few good moments. Hagelin needs to visit a youth camp and relearn offense. His decisions with and around the puck were absolutely brainless. The penalty was bad enough, then he gets position for an open shot and backpasses to no one. :shakehead

Glad we got the 2 points but a very underwhelming performance to say the least. Some players on this squad need a solid kick up their ass.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The fans ar Still suffering from PTSD after the long losing streak. Need to win the next dozen games to allow the fans to recover.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I'm more bothered by what feels like a total lack of effort. Like half the team does't look to be giving full effort and it's infuriating. A win is a win, but it isn't a ROW win, nor was it satisfying overall. I'm thrilled Cam shut down the door in the shootout, but man this game sucked.

I'm curious if they're gonna have Cam start tomorrow. It'll probably be hell for Skapski if they go that route, but it would be a fun test for him.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hayes
Talbot
Fast

We've looked bad for a few weeks now. Amazing that we've only lost the last game.

Amazing! How can a team be so horrific and still just keep on winning? They're sending us into the infamous hockey abyss! We just don't know what to think. Do we suck? Are we inept but good? Are we good despite ourselves? Are we lucky? What about Hank? Omg! Just too many questions, yet, we keep on winning........ Poor Rangers, and their fans. So confused.

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
I'll take it. More points without Hank at the end of the day. Just remember that folks, 7-8 weeks without Lundqvist who would've guessed the Rangers would still be in control of their destiny for Presidents' Trophy?

I think people around the league will be in for a rude awakening, remembering about this Lundqvist guy when he's back in action.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm more bothered by what feels like a total lack of effort. Like half the team does't look to be giving full effort and it's infuriating. A win is a win, but it isn't a ROW win, nor was it satisfying overall. I'm thrilled Cam shut down the door in the shootout, but man this game sucked.

I'm curious if they're gonna have Cam start tomorrow. It'll probably be hell for Skapski if they go that route, but it would be a fun test for him.

I'm gonna go out on the LEDGE and say Talbot is in tomorrow. In fact I'll call AV, and make sure he's not on that same ledge. The answer is obvious. Duh.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
We top the Eastern and the Islanders are 5 points behind us with 3 more games played. Could`ve been worse.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
A win is a win, but that was as bad of a third period as you can have.

Stepan is still laboring. Nash can't buy a goal, and I don't think I heard Kreider's name mentioned once. On the bright side, Hayes continues to make things happen every time he's on the ice.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
A win is a win, but that was as bad of a third period as you can have.

Stepan is still laboring. Nash can't buy a goal, and I don't think I heard Kreider's name mentioned once. On the bright side, Hayes continues to make things happen every time he's on the ice.

Kreider had a solid shift in OT with Fast, but yes, other than that he was pretty quiet.

Hayes' game has grown a lot since October. He dominates out there.

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
Amazing! How can a team be so horrific and still just keep on winning? They're sending us into the infamous hockey abyss! We just don't know what to think. Do we suck? Are we inept but good? Are we good despite ourselves? Are we lucky? What about Hank? Omg! Just too many questions, yet, we keep on winning........ Poor Rangers, and their fans. So confused.

It's not just one game, it's been like that for at least half a dozen games. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know about you, but I want this to succeed in the playoffs. And if Step is our worst center in the playoffs that won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad