Confirmed with Link: New York Rangers 3rd round pick - Sean Day (D)

WhoisJohnGalt

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
Day has been on D in his goal videos. I think the Forward thing was just an experiment.

It was not even an experiment. The Steelheads had a pack of younger D they wanted to see play but they also wanted to give Day ice time before going to Traverse City - he was already on the team so they did not need to see him on D - they just moved him up in a preseason game to make space at the backend for the extra youth viewings.

WhoisJohnGalt

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
I have been to most of the Steelhead games. He is continuing a higher level of play that was typical after the Prospects game last season and continued through the Ranger camps. His physical play is more evident and he is jumping into the rush more often (like he did in his first season), and taking more shots on net. So far he has notched a point a game average which could easily be higher (especially assists) if Missy has any forwards who were pure finishers. He has assisted on many posts and crossbars !!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I have been to most of the Steelhead games. He is continuing a higher level of play that was typical after the Prospects game last season and continued through the Ranger camps. His physical play is more evident and he is jumping into the rush more often (like he did in his first season), and taking more shots on net. So far he has notched a point a game average which could easily be higher (especially assists) if Missy has any forwards who were pure finishers. He has assisted on many posts and crossbars !!

He'll fit right in with the Rangers

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Fantastic news to hear that he is developing further AND that the Steelheads traded him!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
What's his role going to look like with Windsor? What's their D depth look like?

Wondering if he'll have a chance to be a go to guy or if he'll be behind some other stronger players

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Day's got a lot of Dan Cleary imo.

Another kid that got exceptional status before it was called that back in the day. The rule where a 15 year old would play a year with his home team.

Cleary went downhill during his OHL days before reinventing himself as a different type of player.

You have to remember this kid looked like Bobby Orr as a 14 year old due to his skating. He's kind of like Nail Yakupov where he ended up on a expansion level team for a few years and had no pro style organizational support.

Now Day is going to an organization with a history of winning. Rocky Thompson is a good coach.

Rychel runs a tight ship.

I think the increased fitness level helps, he's finally going to get good hard coaching. This is the type of player that would excel under a Torts or Hitchcock.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Got the proverbial Broadway Hat last night with a goal on 4 shots in his debut. 2-0 win for the Spitfires.

This kid will be a steal IMO.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Got the proverbial Broadway Hat last night with a goal on 4 shots in his debut. 2-0 win for the Spitfires.

This kid will be a steal IMO.

I'm really happy we got this kid. Might make up for losing out on Fowler and taking McIlrath :laugh:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really happy to see he got out of a bad situation and seems to be doing better already. Hope he can keep it up and get some mental benefits of a new playing situation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad