New York City Thread: Part III (Info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Hey Rangers board I didnt know where to post this so I'll just post it here. Do any of you know of a service I can contact that can handle getting me a pizza from NYC shipped to Toronto? My girls favourite pizza place is in NYC and I really want to get her one.

What's her favorite pizza place? We take pizza very seriously on HF NYR.

I wouldn't worry too much about the customs thing. Worst thing that happens is they confiscate it and eat your pizza.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
What's her favorite pizza place? We take pizza very seriously on HF NYR.

I wouldn't worry too much about the customs thing. Worst thing that happens is they confiscate it and eat your pizza.

Her favourite pizza place in the whole world is kestè pizza on bleeker street. I'm not too worried about customs at all I know it can be shipped, I just dont want to fly to NYC pick it up and come back I simply dont have the time. So I'm looking at any and all options to get this done and money is not a problem I just want it done by someone who knows what they're doing so im not just waiting money for no reason.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Whoops I forgot to multi quote but ya I did contact them the manager said she would do it for me but she stopped responding to my emails a week ago so in a last ditch effort I came to the rangers board to seek ideas lol.

I've read about people who do odd jobs--it's quite the enterprise in NYC....

TaskRabbit connects you to safe and reliable help in your neighborhood

It may be as simple as hiring someone to pick up your "takeout" order and take it to wherever it's going to be shipped from.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I've read about people who do odd jobs--it's quite the enterprise in NYC....

TaskRabbit connects you to safe and reliable help in your neighborhood

It may be as simple as hiring someone to pick up your "takeout" order and take it to wherever it's going to be shipped from.

Ya last night someone suggested I use one of the sites and higher an online assistant for a few hours and have him/her do it for me. It's funny because the manager stopped responding to me and all of a sudden got back to me last night she must be a rangers fan lurking these boards. Hopefully she comes through in the clutch for me if not I'll attempt hiring an assistant for a few hours and give them all the instructions.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Ya last night someone suggested I use one of the sites and higher an online assistant for a few hours and have him/her do it for me. It's funny because the manager stopped responding to me and all of a sudden got back to me last night she must be a rangers fan lurking these boards. Hopefully she comes through in the clutch for me if not I'll attempt hiring an assistant for a few hours and give them all the instructions.
ok but I'm telling you Canada Customs scrutinizes everything, your frozen pizza could get held up for a week

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah gonna pop it open tomorrow and see what's up. Maybe look into getting it cleaned, but again, I only need like 5k BTU for this room anyway, so the price of cleaning vs just getting a new unit could be negligible.

Good idea, though. Thanks!

A bit late, but distilled white vinegar is your friend here. I completely took apart a wall AC unit (which could be a window unit if it had to be), and used a garden hose to wash it out. Putting high-strength vinegar in a spray bottle and spraying the fins and all visible parts does wonders in keeping the mold / mildew count down. You especially want to make sure the hamster wheel (fan) is clean...

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A bit late, but distilled white vinegar is your friend here. I completely took apart a wall AC unit (which could be a window unit if it had to be), and used a garden hose to wash it out. Putting high-strength vinegar in a spray bottle and spraying the fins and all visible parts does wonders in keeping the mold / mildew count down. You especially want to make sure the hamster wheel (fan) is clean...
Yeah, I just bought a new one :)

Thanks though!

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
My favorite is when there is clearly air conditioning running, but people actively open the windows. Great times.

On City buses, there are passengers who thing the AC is too cold, so they open the windows. Then, the warm humid air condenses on the cool AC vents in the bus, and then it "rains" on all the seats / passenger's heads.... Boggles the mind...

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, I just bought a new one :)

Thanks though!

Spray the new one a few times a month with white vinegar, and especially when you take this one out of service for the summer... Spray it again when you put it back in service in the spring.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Apologies if it's been covered already but I don't want to read 14 pages and my search didn't show anything...

OP mentions SIF to view the Statue of Liberty and says "for a just a few bucks"... Is this correct because I was under the assumption that SIF was a free ride, and if it's not free whats the actual price (and does MetroCard work?) so that I can be prepared. Thanks!

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Any good tips for a NY weekend, and what is a must see and eat occasion? And I`m not a pizza or burger kind of person.. I admit I like seafood, italian, steak, Greece kind of food meny. :)

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`ve not ordered yet, but not too far away from MSG - probably staying close enough to use my legs so around that district.

Reactions: zephyr

Deleted member 23124

On City buses, there are passengers who thing the AC is too cold, so they open the windows. Then, the warm humid air condenses on the cool AC vents in the bus, and then it "rains" on all the seats / passenger's heads.... Boggles the mind...
Funny thing is that they also do it in the winter....it can be anywhere from 0-10 degrees, you finally get a bus with decent heat and people are throwing windows open saying it's hot.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Funny thing is that they also do it in the winter....it can be anywhere from 0-10 degrees, you finally get a bus with decent heat and people are throwing windows open saying it's hot.
I'd rather freeze than burn 10 out of 10 times

But to answer the bigger question - yes, people are STOOPID

Deleted member 23124

I'd rather freeze than burn 10 out of 10 times

But to answer the bigger question - yes, people are STOOPID
I don't ever recall being on a bus that was overly hot (and I ride them all the time rather than take the subway).

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I don't ever recall being on a bus that was overly hot (and I ride them all the time rather than take the subway).
The excessive heat is all the way at the back on many buses, you lean on the seat and your shirt will be burning hot to the touch after a few minutes

But I avoid the bus as much as humanly possible because of the stop & go, and if a disabled person needs the ramp, man forget about it. I'll take it when I want to be cheap and get the transfer to avoid a double fare when I'm stopping off along the subway route

Deleted member 23124

The excessive heat is all the way at the back on many buses, you lean on the seat and your shirt will be burning hot to the touch after a few minutes

But I avoid the bus as much as humanly possible because of the stop & go, and if a disabled person needs the ramp, man forget about it. I'll take it when I want to be cheap and get the transfer to avoid a double fare when I'm stopping off along the subway route

I remember those buses -- they still use them on the crosstown routes....
newer hybrid buses are different...heaters are on sides now....warmest seat is the last single seat in front of the back exit. Even then they're not as hot as the ones you mentioned.

I don't ride the locals....always take the limited buses...just as quick as the subway in many cases.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
But I avoid the bus as much as humanly possible because of the stop & go
You sure you take the subway? Can be just as bad in my experience (even vs a local bus). I take the express bus top work every morning and its a lot faster than the subway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad