New York City Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Sorry Guys didn't know where to post this but wouldn't it be cool if for saturday nights game 2 New York City set up a huge screen outdoors like they do in Toronto when the Leafs were in the playoffs?
I guess I'm probably just being unrealistic but i thought it would be neat. Like along the pier lawns on the hudson or Somewhere midtown? or central park somewhere?
Just a pipe dream cause I don't think they ever did something like that for the Yankees or Giants championships??

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Sorry Guys didn't know where to post this but wouldn't it be cool if for saturday nights game 2 New York City set up a huge screen outdoors like they do in Toronto when the Leafs were in the playoffs?
I guess I'm probably just being unrealistic but i thought it would be neat. Like along the pier lawns on the hudson or Somewhere midtown? or central park somewhere?
Just a pipe dream cause I don't think they ever did something like that for the Yankees or Giants championships??

back in 2012 they hosted a ECF viewing party at MSG.. wonder if they'll do something like that again. would be awesome if it was outdoors like every other franchise though.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah, would be cool if they did something at Central or even Bryant Park.

Yep those two spots would definitely work. It would be such an awesome thing. Im sure if they picked one good location Rangers fans would show up.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
back in 2012 they hosted a ECF viewing party at MSG.. wonder if they'll do something like that again. would be awesome if it was outdoors like every other franchise though.

Did you attend the viewing party in 2012 at MSG? If so how was it? Maybe they would do that a again.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Did you attend the viewing party in 2012 at MSG? If so how was it? Maybe they would do that a again.

Heard from some people at MSG that there was going to be one tonight for game 7 if it got that far. Also, good chance they will have them at MSG for this series. Only game they can't is game 2 since the arena is booked.

I went to that one and enjoyed it. They basically recreate the game environment from the national anthem to the organ to the kids skating between periods etc. The only thing that's different is you're watching the game on the screen. Watching the game on the board was extremely tough though. I expect it to be MUCH better this time around since the new scoreboard is a lot bigger and clearer.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC

We lost that game. It was weird because you had everyone at center ice but it was a pretty empty otherwise. Hard to watch the game on the jumbtron because the screen, no matter how close you were, was distant and small.

It was free and I remember snagging 6 tickets for me and the crew through ticketmaster. I think it would be awesome to do a big screen, even if its at the garden theatre (a la 3D viewing party).

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Guys I was just at 23rd and Broadway...right in front of the Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. They have a HUGE sign out there that reads

RANGERSTOWN

With the logo and everything...People are taking photos

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We lost that game. It was weird because you had everyone at center ice but it was a pretty empty otherwise. Hard to watch the game on the jumbtron because the screen, no matter how close you were, was distant and small.

It was free and I remember snagging 6 tickets for me and the crew through ticketmaster. I think it would be awesome to do a big screen, even if its at the garden theatre (a la 3D viewing party).

Thanks.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Guys I was just at 23rd and Broadway...right in front of the Flatiron building and Madison Square Park. They have a HUGE sign out there that reads

RANGERSTOWN

With the logo and everything...People are taking photos

it's been traveling around. two weeks ago when I was still in NYC it was infront of Macy's in Herald Square, then moved to Columbus Circle, now at Madison Square Park area.

sidenote: thankful for this thread. Went to the SJS board to ask about hockey bars in the SF/Bay Area - no thread like this existed, so I posted on a Rangers player related thread asking, post just got deleted, not moved anywhere. Thought that was ******.

Last edited:

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Anyone know how the bars near MSG were last round? I'm thinking of taking the train in to watch the game on Saturday night. I hear Flying Puck is good, but the place looks pretty small and I do want to be able to at least sit down to eat dinner before the game.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
Anyone know how the bars near MSG were last round? I'm thinking of taking the train in to watch the game on Saturday night. I hear Flying Puck is good, but the place looks pretty small and I do want to be able to at least sit down to eat dinner before the game.

Puck will be mobbed as will a place like Stout. Your best bet is to try and find a place that isn't specifically a hockey bar. NYC on a Saturday night and a Finals game going on will get (at least) somewhat of a crowd at all but the deadest of bars. Better off finding a place you like and will be comfortable at...you won't be the only one watching the game.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Puck will be mobbed as will a place like Stout. Your best bet is to try and find a place that isn't specifically a hockey bar. NYC on a Saturday night and a Finals game going on will get (at least) somewhat of a crowd at all but the deadest of bars. Better off finding a place you like and will be comfortable at...you won't be the only one watching the game.

I don't care much if the bars are crowded during the game as long as I can sit down and eat dinner a couple hours beforehand and remain in that seat while the game is going on.

RUSF18

Nov 10, 2010
I don't care much if the bars are crowded during the game as long as I can sit down and eat dinner a couple hours beforehand and remain in that seat while the game is going on.

Fair enough, but personally, if a bar is mobbed, I don't get much enjoyment out of sitting at the bar when there's 100 people leaning on and over me trying to get drinks. And if you're at a table away from the bar, then you have to deal with people standing in front of you blocking TVs.

Sigmapete1

May 20, 2014
If I went to Stout for Game 3 (next Monday) how early would I have to get there to get a table (generally speaking of course)?

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
If I went to Stout for Game 3 (next Monday) how early would I have to get there to get a table (generally speaking of course)?

Idk what it's like now, but I made a reservation the day before for Game 1 of the ECF. Granted, that was a day game, but I was able to get a table for 6 in front of all the tvs.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Anyone have any tips or contacts or suggestions for landing a decent job in Manhattan? I have a BS and I'm open to many job categories (just not really in the health field.)

Any companies that hire often, any recruiting services, etc?

I know this seems like an odd place to go, but I refuse to leave any stone unturned.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Anyone have any tips or contacts or suggestions for landing a decent job in Manhattan? I have a BS and I'm open to many job categories (just not really in the health field.)

Any companies that hire often, any recruiting services, etc?

I know this seems like an odd place to go, but I refuse to leave any stone unturned.

I think you need to have more of a focus than just "I just want a job." Figure out what interests you and learn more about that industry. It doesn't mean that will lock you into that field, but I don't see a lot of companies looking for people who just want a job.

rangerstown

Jun 1, 2014
Rangers cronuts next week!

http://www.amny.com/eat-and-drink/r...el-celebrates-the-stanley-cup-final-1.8357239

Dominique Ansel Bakery – the cronut place in Manhattan – will feature an exclusive Rangers Cronut™ on Monday, the day of the Rangers’ first Stanley Cup Finals home game. A limited quantity of the special red, white and blue Cronut™ pastries, described as “the world famous signature croissant and doughnut hybrid by chef Dominique Ansel,” will be featured one-day only at the Bakery.

The flavor will be Strawberry Balsamic and Mascarpone, which is the June flavor of the month, and it will maintain its regular price of $5 (!). Rangers alums Adam Graves, Glenn Anderson and Ron Duguay will be on hand at the Bakery starting from 7:30 a.m. on Monday to hand out the treats. The bakery, at 189 Spring Street between Sullivan and Thompson Streets, opens at 8 a.m. - See more at:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad