OT: New Third Oilers Jersey?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
has anybody seen the oilers coke zero cans?

I thought that would be a sick jersey.

OEWAGZI.jpg

I like the fact that it actually looks like Oil.

Plus these sick cans are zeros as well so really apt.

The "Smell the Glove" black is pretty rocking too.

Turn this up to 11..

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
something completely absurd like this

eller.JPG

looks like it was made on create a team in NHL 09

I can't even stare at that for 10secs without my eyes hurting. Oil Kings thirds are just awful. Logo, color scheme, everything. I can't see anybody wanting to wear that.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I still stand by this beauty (though I don't like the number on the front at all or the exra stripes on the arms):

0608-kalinszoke-edm.png

But if we're discussing that gear logo, here's an altered concept version of it:

1125-matware-edm.png

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Gotta be honest, I've never seen an Oilers third jersey concept that I've liked. And those two posted above me certainly don't help.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Gotta be honest, I've never seen an Oilers third jersey concept that I've liked. And those two posted above me certainly don't help.

well the one i like is on a can, im not sure what people use to make those jersey concepts cause i would just do that

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Anything but those hideous McFarlane ones or the abortions Rebook made us wear for 3 years that looked like pajama tops.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

OEWAGZI.jpg

Not sure where you're going with this. The logo looks the same as what we have. The rest is..... a can.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
well the one i like is on a can, im not sure what people use to make those jersey concepts cause i would just do that

I think you'd only ever see a monochrome jersey like that for a special sales item. Not an actual jersey.
Like these monstrosities:
nRsur.jpg

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I think you'd only ever see a monochrome jersey like that for a special sales item. Not an actual jersey.
nRsur.jpg

thats similar, but it doesnt have the grey black white i like about the can, secondly the orange on that looks brutal.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Third jersey? Meh.

I'd just prefer if they toned down the colours a bit on the primary set. 80s colours don't look good in 2014.

Midnight blue and a slightly darker orange.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

OEWAGZI.jpg

It looks OK, but I think it's a little plain. Maybe add some mettalic copper accents to it, like Roli's old mask:

DwayneRolosonEdmontonOilers.jpg

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
nRsur.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction to where I could purchase one of these. Always wanted to Oilers Black ice jersey

Guy Flaming

I can't even stare at that for 10secs without my eyes hurting. Oil Kings thirds are just awful. Logo, color scheme, everything. I can't see anybody wanting to wear that.

You obviously don't go to Oil Kings games. They are hugely popular and not just with the pre-teens and younger crowd as I expected they would be.

Just my opinion but they actually look pretty sharp in person.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
It looks OK, but I think it's a little plain. Maybe add some mettalic copper accents to it, like Roli's old mask:

I seem to remember LaForge talking about how they found that the metallic copper elements to the old jerseys didn't translate well on TV and ended up looking brown. Even the 'chrome' accents on the new stadium series jerseys just look grey.

You obviously don't go to Oil Kings games. They are hugely popular and not just with the pre-teens and younger crowd as I expected they would be.

I think some people are turned off by them because they don't use "tradition colours" and they're quite modern looking. But I think they're quite sharp.

I think if you're making a third jersey, you should make the best looking one you can and you shouldn't be stifled by a certain colour scheme or logo.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
I seem to remember LaForge talking about how they found that the metallic copper elements to the old jerseys didn't translate well on TV and ended up looking brown. Even the 'chrome' accents on the new stadium series jerseys just look grey.

I think some people are turned off by them because they don't use "tradition colours" and they're quite modern looking. But I think they're quite sharp.

I think if you're making a third jersey, you should make the best looking one you can and you shouldn't be stifled by a certain colour scheme or logo.

Agreed.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I don't care for the logo much, but the full uni looks pretty slick.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I don't go, but I'm not surprised they're big with the younger crowd.

I hated the oilers thirds with the stupid logo as well. Designs seem kind of designed for a demographic. Which I don't fit.

Maybe from a traditional standpoint, and going back as far as the 60's with the Oil Kings I just prefer the nostalgic look of the old jersey.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I don't care for the logo much, but the full uni looks pretty slick.

FTR I have no taste in clothing but stop short of wearing plaid. :D

Yeah, my comments on jerseys should probably be taken with a grain of salt. I wouldn't know a good marketable one from the next. I'm practically devoid of any fashion sense. Or the wife who tries to buy me clothes tells me..

Guy Flaming

I don't go, but I'm not surprised they're big with the younger crowd.

You mis-read what I wrote. It's NOT just the young fans wearing the new merchandise at all. Veteran fans seem to be just as happy with their new jerseys and hats and shirts.

Next year there will be a white version and the year after they will be the home and away and the current jersey will be the 3rds. Or so I'm led to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad