OT: New Third Oilers Jersey?

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Just curious if anyone has heard anything if they are designing a new third jersey for the oilers?

With the coming of the new arena in 2016 , I'm kinda intriqued if they will have some new digs in the very first opening game in the new barn.

I still love the oilers logo and colors, I just would like to see a re-design for a third jersey.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
There is nothing about it on icethetics, and they're usually far ahead of the mark when it comes to uniform changes.

That doesn't mean nothing is being planned, but I certainly haven't heard anything. If there is, I'd put money on it being an alberta oilers throwback.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
It would be so simple and so awesome, something like this:

BrendanAnderson-EDM.PNG

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

BrendanAnderson-EDM.PNG

So ugly. How many jerseys do we need to see.

The ones from 05-06 were carried out from prior to the lockout, and still had the 3rd jersey. Then we got rid of the 3rd jersey and brought in the ugly rebook jerseys. Then we introduced the retro jersey as a 3rd jersey and then got rid of the ugly rebook jersey and switched full time to home/away retro jerseys.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I'm sure something will be coming soon. Can't imagine what kind of design they'll do. I keep thinking they'll do something like the Edmonton Rush third jersey, maybe orange with white letters and a blue outline on the letters.

9431238.jpg%3Fw%3D433%26h%3D309

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
I'm sure something will be coming soon. Can't imagine what kind of design they'll do. I keep thinking they'll do something like the Edmonton Rush third jersey, maybe orange with white letters and a blue outline on the letters.

9431238.jpg%3Fw%3D433%26h%3D309

The Flames did a third jersey nearly identical to this, just with flames colours. From what I gather, it's not terribly popular. I don't care for all letters on a jersey unless you're the Rangers or Avalanche.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Why, because people are gonna run straight to the Oilers store and empty the shelves? Haaaaaaa. good luck with that. Here's a hint, try icing an NHL calibre team and conducting your organization in a way that I'm not embarrassed to be a fan of it.

shudda stuck with the Todd Macfarlane drill bit. it would have become like the Redwing flying wheel. Old school. I might have gotten a tattie of that logo if the organization hadn't disappointed me so much lately. I still might.

I'm sure they'll go with 'Edmonton' or 'Oilers' inside a circle or something blah like that.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

BrendanAnderson-EDM.PNG

Surprisingly very similar to the Alberta Oilers (pre-dating the WHA)

288.jpg

390.jpg

I also think different hommage to Edmonton hockey would be better fitting than reference to the Dynasty era:
Edmonton Eskimos: (Lost in the Stanley Cup Finals to the Senators in 1923)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_Eskimos_(ice_hockey)
EdmEskimos.jpg

Edmonton Mercurys (1952 Olympic Champions, and World Champions)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmonton_Mercurys
EDM-MER-home-and-away-jerseys.jpg

Last edited:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I remember in the summer Eakins was saying something about an updated symbol for the locker room floor. So I asume the new 3rds will have whatever symbol that is.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
With the orange jerseys being sold in stores, I wouldn't be shocked to see them as a third soon.

Not in favor of a brand new jersey of any sort right now. Would like to see a new one for the new arena's debut, but it would have to be perfect.

JeremyBresciani

Nov 9, 2011

BrendanAnderson-EDM.PNG

We custom ordered this exact uniform (including pants) for our men's league team this season and they look sweet! Too many blue teams in the NHL. It would be a welcome change (imo) to emphasize the orange.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Thanks to those who responded. I guess its just a wait and see situation. I know it's weird but I do hope they have something planned and looking forward to see it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd bet money the orange Alberta Oilers design is being saved for when ever the Oilers play their next "Heritage Classic".

I'd be happy if they brought back the 2006-era design as a third.

A black/silver/copper combo might look cool too.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
has anybody seen the oilers coke zero cans?

I thought that would be a sick jersey.

OEWAGZI.jpg

I like the fact that it actually looks like Oil.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The Flames did a third jersey nearly identical to this, just with flames colours. From what I gather, it's not terribly popular. I don't care for all letters on a jersey unless you're the Rangers or Avalanche.

I don't necessarily like it, but I just have a feeling that could be a design they look at.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Like a few others posted, I think a black jersey would be slick. Something like the Kings jersey would be cool. Just dont add orange like the Islanders 3rd jerseys :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad