PS4
Jul 20, 2004
The BuffaSlug says hi.

buffalo-sabres-slug-logo.gif

Not as bad as the Dallas Uterus-bull.

Kodiak64

Dec 16, 2010
Edmonton
While I doubt the Oil will unveil a new third so soon after finally killing that 06-07 abomination, and AFAIK retaillers havent been notified of a new oil third (www.icethetics.info) I love to collect jerseys, and would love to see a new Oilers third. If the rumors prove true, I sincerely hope it's this:

2ahbgqg.jpg

This is the jersey I grew up cheering for, and I've always thought it looked fantastic. I was truly dissapointed when it was EDGE'd after the 06 cup run.

(P.S. Peca is random, first decent pic seen on google.)

Last edited:

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I feel as though if its happening, they'll warm up in the home jersey, and then suddenly have the new ones for the game

I bet they'll warm up in some kind of special jersey that'll be raffled off afterwards. Regular jerseys for the game. No thirds at all. They would have had to have had something in place for months, no way that would stay quiet.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
I don't understand this logo....

I can tell there's an oil drop, but what's with all the other artwork around the drop?

All input is welcomed

The five rivets encircling the oil drop represent the five Stanley Cups the team has. The 10 gear teeth (five each on both the inner and outer rings) represent each of the Oilers' 10 team captains. The sharp pokey spikes? God knows.

I can't see this jersey ever coming back since MacFarlane was tied to the old ownership.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I bet they'll warm up in some kind of special jersey that'll be raffled off afterwards. Regular jerseys for the game. No thirds at all. They would have had to have had something in place for months, no way that would stay quiet.

Well, theoretically, you could delay the shipping of the jerseys to retailers until February. That way unless it's a leak from inside the organization, you'd never know. Usually it's retailers (or their employees) that leak information prematurely.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I don't understand this logo....

I can tell there's an oil drop, but what's with all the other artwork around the drop?

All input is welcomed

Sharp, blade-like shapes signify both the blades of a hockey skate and the fast-paced, exciting tradition of Edmonton Oilers Hockey.
The Five Rivets that form around the oil drop represent the five Stanley Cups won by the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club since its entry into the NHL in 1979. There are also ten gear teeth on the primary mark; five on the large outer gear, and five on the inner gear. Each gear tooth represents each of the previous team captains in the Edmonton Oilers NHL History.
Inner and outer gear shapes signify strong and formidable force while reinforcing the concept of teamwork and industriousness. They provide the stability upon which the 'well-oiled machine' is built. Gears, like team members, need to be strong and work together in order to succeed. They operate in a dynamic environment and always need to be ready to perform when called upon.
The Oil Drop is derived from the original Edmonton Primary mark. It has been turned on its side to accommodate and reinforce the speed of the new primary mark. It has also been given a highlight to help define and distinguish it from the rest of the logo. The Oil Drop creates the transition between the tradition of the original Edmonton Oilers logo and the launch of the new one for the third jersey.
These elements provide the perfect mixture of the rich tradition and history of the team, its players, and its legacy blended together into a brand new modern hockey logo. Of course, there's always room on the logo to add extra rivets.

I'm on my phone, so can't make the post look presentable, but I stole that from this site:
http://soudog.tripod.com/thirdjersey.html

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Oilers have never had a "bad" jersey IMO. I liked the Copper and Dark blue, simply because it is easier to read the numbers on TV in white.

Classics are awesome, and the "Gear" is a nice third. Hopefully they don't do something crazy and screw things up, if in fact another is coming.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Well, theoretically, you could delay the shipping of the jerseys to retailers until February. That way unless it's a leak from inside the organization, you'd never know. Usually it's retailers (or their employees) that leak information prematurely.

Why launch a third jersey if people can't buy it? Also, any uniform change requires league approval. that means everyone from the league office, the Oilers, the designers etc would have to keep pretty tight lipped. And from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't you want people to know about it so they can get stoked to spend some dough on it?

Given how often leaks happen (always) and how rare teams drop surprise jersey changes (never), I think this third jersey rumour is probably B.S. Haven't heard anything about it anywhere but here on HF.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Why launch a third jersey if people can't buy it? Also, any uniform change requires league approval. that means everyone from the league office, the Oilers, the designers etc would have to keep pretty tight lipped. And from a marketing standpoint, wouldn't you want people to know about it so they can get stoked to spend some dough on it?

Given how often leaks happen (always) and how rare teams drop surprise jersey changes (never), I think this third jersey rumour is probably B.S. Haven't heard anything about it anywhere but here on HF.

I know it's probably far fetched, but really, I imagine that the Oilers were scheduled to have an alternate jersey next season. Maybe the Oilers asked the league permission during the lockout to expedite the process in order to have something cool for fans when the league got back on the ice. It's not out of the realm of possibility, as a lot of things can change when a lockout happens and teams try and drum up revenue in a shortened season.

That said, I no longer expect an alternate jersey, but I know RBK can pump out a product pretty quick if the designs are in. Maybe they won't be able to churn out replicas right away, but 30 or so authentic jerseys can be done pretty fast.

DCheive

Oct 25, 2011
I talked to my friend who is a STH and she also heard rumors outside of HF about this New Jersey. I'm still holding out on being too hopeful.

puckfan13

Jan 18, 2010
My friend's brother is on a minor hockey team and they will be involved in a pre-game ceremony tonight where they are unveiling some sort of new jerseys. The minor hockey players are supposed to be presenting them to the players on the ice I believe.

Louie Debrusk's son is on the team and Riley Simpson, son of Craig as well.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
my friend's brother is on a minor hockey team and they will be involved in a pre-game ceremony tonight where they are unveiling some sort of new jerseys. The minor hockey players are supposed to be presenting them to the players on the ice i believe.

Louie debrusk's son is on the team and riley simpson, son of craig as well.

sweet!!!!

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Interesting how the media is keeping quiet on this I bet they know but were told not to report it or something
It's obviously supposed to be a surprise

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Of course now that 3rd jerseys are more likely I'll have to miss this game. Perhaps I'll attempt to learn how to use my PVR that I got recently.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Please no black. No diagonal lettering with the city or team name. No roundel with a miniature logo and the city/team name written on the outside. No McFarlane rehash. No Oil Rigger rehash. No ****ing script. I am highly against a cheap gimmick jersey with these half baked ieas.

If anything, I'd love an Edmonton Eskimos (played for the Stanley Cup in the 1920's) Green and Gold or one featuring orange as the prominent color in a throwback attempt to reflect the early WHA days. No exceptions. There a lot of jersey gimmicks and some already mentioned in this thread are the worst offenders.

You hate gimmicks....but you want them to use a jersey from the 1920's..........

People need to realize that a "gimmick" is in the eye of the beholder....I personally dont want to see a 1920's jersey that is green and gold because that would be gimmicky to me....

We have the classic home and away jerseys - no need to go further into our past. I say they do a complete fresh re-design that does not just say edmonton.....

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The McFarlane thirds aren't bad, they're down right classy compared to many of the monstrosities of the 1990s ....

CoyotesJersey.jpg

4011552443_b1caf0fcd6_o.jpg

Hockey13.jpg

Hockey12.jpg

336.jpg

81861284.jpg

12.fish-stick-uniform.jpg

Argh! Matey. Pirates we be!

Now tell me again that this is a bad jersey ...

043.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer they bring this one back ...

smyth-ryan_250.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: