Speculation: New Third Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A poster who seems to have inside information said they're going to be unveiled at the home opener on Tuesday.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
I hope its not the dominantly orange one i don't think i'll like that.
Hope its a bit different then anything we've seen before.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Really? That's awesome.

I have no clue what direction they'd want to go in though... I wouldnt think it would be another throwback, but at the same time I have a feeling they'd keep the orange and blue over any copper and blue designs.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
This team doesn't have a very good track record with jerseys after the originals, in my opinion. I'm pessimistic to say the least.

Jun 22, 2009
preview_676_27660.jpg

Best jerseys the Oilers have ever had hands down

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Probably a reverse of the current home. All orange is blue and all blue is orange. Although I secretly hope the Oil man is on the front if this thing exists.

Cold Dome Beers

yaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo
Aug 29, 2011
I'm kind of hoping we don't go for the pure orange look; it seems way too bright.
url

I'd rather they take the Capitals' approach and use a white jersey as their thirds. The white Alberta Oilers jersey would be excellent imo.
url

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
lGvqt.jpg

Maybe it will be like OKC's new third jersey with a bigger oil drop and oilers written in white and outlibed in blue above it. I'd like that.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
lGvqt.jpg

Maybe it will be like OKC's new third jersey with a bigger oil drop and oilers written in white and outlibed in blue above it. I'd like that.

Eh, I'd prefer some variety.

It would be a huge shocker if there is a new jersey though. Basically nothing has been announced or anything.

Usually icethetics.info is my go to site for Jersey information.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Bring back the mechanical sperm. Those were awesome. Do it with the style of jerseys we used back before we used the Reebok pyjama jersey.

Edgy, 90s Oilers hockey style with the comet would be awesome.

2283_2006_finals_ales.jpg

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
It's pretty rare for a jersey unveiling to go this long without any real publicity. Usually teams have to submit designs for a style guide that is given to retailers and the like before the season starts. Another board I visit has users who have access to style guides and it just showed the Oilers having a home jersey and an away jersey. It has been rumoured that in 13-14 the Oilers were supposed to have a new alternate jersey.

But, I wonder if the Oilers pushed the NHL to have the jersey a season soon to surprise the fans because of the lockout. That wouldn't surprise me one bit... and really, if that is the case, a nice little financial gift to the organization as well, as I'm sure the appetite for NHL merchandise is high right now coming out of the lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce