Speculation: New Third Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
This year is the 40th anniversary of both the Oilers, and the WHA. Their first season was 1972-73.

The only acceptable third jersey to add is a tribute to our team's first ever sweater.

288.jpg

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
We need something new.. A newer design or something. A third jersey should look totally different. That's why the word jerseys look so cool. C'mon, Minnesota's third jersey is awesome.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Everyone's gonna be disappointed when there isn't a New Jersey tomorrow night

:laugh: thats what i was thinking to, it would be funny if there is no jersey tomorrow.

Its important to remember this was never reported by any media, apparently the only solid indication this new jersey is happpening is an HFoil poster albeit a poster that previously provided correct inside info. We'll know soon enough.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
edmonton_oilers_thumb.png

This wasn't bad if you were an oiler fan, but the other fans used this as nuclear-dynamite-kryptonite against us.

Techno-gear-sperm. No thanks.

The Calgary equivalent would be the flaming snot horse.

191px-Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.svg.png

The oilers one dipicted in the first photo. That jersey was the biggest selling 3rd jersey around the league in 04-06. Beat out the rangers Liberty IIRC. People seem to forget that for some reason. Everyone here doesn't seem to like it but it sold for reason right? Personally it's my favorite jersey of all time and I would love to see it again in some capacity. I feel we put to much emphasis on the glory days of the eighties. This isn't the 80's! Our team might have striking resembalance to them but these kids need there own legacy their own path. Something new can give a team their own identity. I hope the new 3rd is something new and exciting it would be good for the TEAM to step out of the shadows of the past and SAY this is a new era and we are the NEW oilers.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
The current retro jerseys are perfect. The third jerseys with the gears are also totally excellent.

Sloth Slothersons*

We need something new.. A newer design or something. A third jersey should look totally different. That's why the word jerseys look so cool. C'mon, Minnesota's third jersey is awesome.

Yes love Minnesota's third jersey. Also like the idea of something different other than another recycled jersey. It's risky, but it could be really good.

oakfield

Sep 28, 2010
Edmonton
Bring back the mechanical sperm. Those were awesome. Do it with the style of jerseys we used back before we used the Reebok pyjama jersey.

Edgy, 90s Oilers hockey style with the comet would be awesome.

2283_2006_finals_ales.jpg

That is officially the worst idea I have ever heard.

oakfield

Sep 28, 2010
Edmonton
edmonton_oilers_thumb.png

This wasn't bad if you were an oiler fan, but the other fans used this as nuclear-dynamite-kryptonite against us.

Techno-gear-sperm. No thanks.

The Calgary equivalent would be the flaming snot horse.

191px-Calgary_Flames_horse_head_logo.svg.png

Nope, this was bad as an Oiler fan. One of the worst jerseys I've ever seen in sports. I was embarrassed seeing my team in these.

oakfield

Sep 28, 2010
Edmonton
The oilers one dipicted in the first photo. That jersey was the biggest selling 3rd jersey around the league in 04-06. Beat out the rangers Liberty IIRC. People seem to forget that for some reason. Everyone here doesn't seem to like it but it sold for reason right? Personally it's my favorite jersey of all time and I would love to see it again in some capacity. I feel we put to much emphasis on the glory days of the eighties. This isn't the 80's! Our team might have striking resembalance to them but these kids need there own legacy their own path. Something new can give a team their own identity. I hope the new 3rd is something new and exciting it would be good for the TEAM to step out of the shadows of the past and SAY this is a new era and we are the NEW oilers.

You do know that everything about the jersey was putting emphasis on the glory days of the eighties right? 5 rivets on the cog was 5 stanley cups, and 10 teeth were 10 captains. Of course this was immediately out of date, just another reason why this jersey was the worst decision of all time.

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
This is the only thing I've seen so far that's even close to acceptable, actually this is fantastic. Orange ones would have a high probability of being a disaster, and a black jersey is worse than the plague.

Edit: just noticed the number 18 and the C and violently vomited.

Yeah, i dont mind that one either, but i would have to see what it actually looks like on a whole team against the white background of the ice before i could say whether i really like it or not...not really a big fan of orange jerseys....and yeah black has been done to death, only exception i could maybe handle is black and gold with maybe one or 2 other complimentary and/or contrasting colours, but even that would look gimmicky to me. Thats another one i would have to see 1st before making a judgement on it.

Lol, and yeah i hear ya, just think of it as 81 and not 18. ;)

And for the record, i really dont want them to use any other jersey except the one they're using right now, i was just throwing out a couple of ideas i've seen online.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
bah those oily gearmeteors looked cool, but did not scream "oilers" to me

too much explaining required for people to even realize what team they were made for

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
You do know that everything about the jersey was putting emphasis on the glory days of the eighties right? 5 rivets on the cog was 5 stanley cups, and 10 teeth were 10 captains. Of course this was immediately out of date, just another reason why this jersey was the worst decision of all time.

absolutely it was paying homage to the glory days however not trying to duplicate them. Anyone remember the "New Energy" slogan from 05-06. Gave the team their own identity. Im in my early thirties so i just missed out on the glory days. MY oilers were the really bad years and underdogs. This generation needs their TEAM.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
Everyone's gonna be disappointed when there isn't a New Jersey tomorrow night

Just because that was capitalized, I completely forgot what this thread was about and thought the Devils were getting sold.

Did you capitalize that for trolling purposes?

Worked on me.:handclap:

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
preview_676_27660.jpg

Best jerseys the Oilers have ever had hands down

I always liked that jersy, too. should have stuck with the drill bit (Todd McFarlane) emblom and make it a brand not unlike the Redwing wheel. I still might get that as a tattie, perhaps on the inside of the forearm or over the heart (too late on shoulders, already used up).

CookieCrumbs*

You guys have definitely made the right move by going back to the original home and away jerseys. They're easily some of the nicest sweaters in the league now.

I wouldn't mind seeing an orange dominant alternate to be honest. It's about time the NHL introduced some colour back into the league.

giddy up*

Oilers have awesome jerseys right now with the retro look. Much like the retro jerseys my team (isles) went back to. Isles and Edmonton (and maybe Chicago) have the nicest jerseys/color schemes in my opinion. The third jersey the Isles added last year is terrible so I would say be careful what you wish for.

Good luck this year, Oilers are a fun team to watch. Hopefully both teams (Isles and Oilers) prospects will pan out and we will met in the cup finals within a few years :yo:

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
^

I love the Isles' home jersey. Such a sharp blue. The Oilers and Isles definitely have the nicest sweaters in the league, in my opinion.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I cant really see the Oil getting a new jersey with it being this under the radar.
But if it really is true, kudos to the organization for keeping this quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce