Speculation: New Third Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
The five rivets encircling the oil drop represent the five Stanley Cups the team has. The 10 gear teeth (five each on both the inner and outer rings) represent each of the Oilers' 10 team captains. The sharp pokey spikes? God knows.I

can't see this jersey ever coming back since MacFarlane was tied to the old ownership.

that represents a drill bit, as in drilling for oil. the gear cogs are to give it an industrial look and you're correct about the meaning of 5 cogs for cups and 10 for captains. i think it's cool. look at the iconic embloms. the Red wing, the Habs. they are simple and constant.

they should have stuck with the McFarlane drill bit, it would have been iconic, eventually.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
Rumours of Oilers new 3rd jersey inaccurate. Won't have new jersey this year.

Hopefully he's wrong.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
Rumours of Oilers new 3rd jersey inaccurate. Won't have new jersey this year.

Hopefully he's wrong.

Haha beat me to it,

Unfortunately i don't think he is wrong. Very strange though we had multiple posters say they knew people who would be involved in unveiling it. Plus the guy who had the correct schedule before everyone else.

Edit: I gotta say i'm kinda disappointed too,

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Haha beat me to it,

Unfortunately i don't think he is wrong. Very strange though we had multiple posters say they knew people who would be involved in unveiling it. Plus the guy who had the correct schedule before everyone else.

Yeah, if Gregor is right, that's a bummer. That poster built up a little cred with the schedule prediction, hard to imagine they would just fritter it away like that. Oh well, I guess we'll get our answer very, very soon.

OilerNut*

There could be still a new 3rd jersey for next season, perhaps they floated the idea of unveiling it tonight and couldn't do it in time.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Haha beat me to it,

Ya it's almost as if people like to make stuff up on the internet. Crazy!

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Maybe the source heard that there would be "new jerseys on ice."

Well...

IceJerseys_hall.jpg

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
screw you Jason Gregor. i wouldn't be half this upset if it just turned out not to be a new jersey at the start of the game. what a way to break the news.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Looks like this one can be locked up. If we hear anything new someone can start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad