Post-Game Talk: New season, same dead offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
well then watch the game more closely and you would realize that our best scoring chances of the night came from that line.... you wanna ***** ...***** about henrique and zajac not doing their job not bernier carter and gionta

I addressed this above. That's incorrect. Gionta's line did not create our best scoring chances. Not even close really.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Well if we want to be specific our best chance was created by Henrique-Zajac-Jagr

You know a breakaway that resulted in a penalty shot.......

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Well if we want to be specific our best chance was created by Henrique-Zajac-Jagr

You know a breakaway that resulted in a penalty shot.......

Truth. Though Loktionov's line produced an two near wide open nets and 8 shots from Brunner.

That line consistently put the pressure on and was the best line last night.

Zajac's line was second best, in my opinion. I felt that though they aren't very creative they played fantastic defensively and nearly broke free with 2 goals (Zajac's shot that was saved as MAF turned around to grab it in mid-air and Adam's breakaway).

Elias's line was poor from the start. Just no chemistry at all.

And CBGB put up a -2 and was all around awful. Bernier was the only saving grace and Pete decided to move him around to try and get his productivity going with more competent linemates.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Elias-Zajac-Jagr
Brunner-Henrique-Ryder
Clowe-Josefson-Zubrus
CBGB

Larsson-Greene
Fayne-Volch
Sal-Zid

kthnxbye Pete
sorry but it would be moronic to bench lokti. he was BETTER than henrique and zajac. him and brunner were the only ones creating anything. you're such a hater.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I addressed this above. That's incorrect. Gionta's line did not create our best scoring chances. Not even close really.

so zidlicky' open net gaffe was not our best scoring chance? ok second best third were would you rank that open net any mite, squirt or peewee could have scored on?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
sorry but it would be moronic to bench lokti. he was BETTER than henrique and zajac. him and brunner were the only ones creating anything. you're such a hater.

I agree offensively at least. But I've always had a hard on for Zajac's complete game. He's not flashy, but I thought he did a fantastic job defensively on some really tough forwards.

It's not his fault his coach is a dolt.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

correct sir and he is the only true playmaker ( aside from eilas and jagr on the ice) in my opinion henrique doesn't get to play automatically because he is signed to a big contract. im not overly down on him but if i had to bench one guy aside from i guess gionta it would be henrique maybe travis zajac

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Yep Hater. Except Josefson can bring more to the table then him . And I dont want to break up the chemistry between CBGB , they have been good every time they are together. Bringing in Josefson takes Gio off the PK and helps he teams overall defense and faceoffs immensely. (Save the ohhh Lokti was 67% yesterday on FO, its one game, he isnt good at faceoffs. Josefson isnt great himself either, but he is better then Lokti)

Lokti is obviously the better playmaker though he has the exact same stats as Josefson through his career !

Josefson - 6 goals 22 assists in 91GP and he is a +5
Lokti - 11 goals 15 assists in 88 GP and a -4

Wow is he impressive. He obviously shouldnt be a candidate to be benched when there is a better version of him sitting in the press box

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
i could also live with tedenby replacing ryder tonight for a game just to insert some speed which will be needed...islanders are fast maybe even faster than penguins...

although if you are catching grenades from volchenkov i guess it doesn't matter how fast yo0u are he can slow anyone down

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Yep Hater. Except Josefson can bring more to the table then him . And I dont want to break up the chemistry between CBGB , they have been good every time they are together. Bringing in Josefson takes Gio off the PK and helps he teams overall defense and faceoffs immensely. (Save the ohhh Lokti was 67% yesterday on FO, its one game, he isnt good at faceoffs. Josefson isnt great himself either, but he is better then Lokti)

So I've been told today that the fourth line doesn't matter, yet we're accommodating a fourth liner by benching a far superior player?

It's black and white. Josefson had mighty FINE chemistry with Carter and Bernier before he got hurt. Bench Gionta.

The idea that CBGB has been good every time they've been together is myth. It's a fairy tale. It's a narrative.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
So I've been told today that the fourth line doesn't matter, yet we're accommodating a fourth liner by benching a far superior player?

It's black and white. Josefson had mighty FINE chemistry with Carter and Bernier before he got hurt. Bench Gionta.

Yep, Chemistry is key. Dont break up what works. Doesnt matter what line this is. Then you bring on Lokti by saying far superior which is laughable , he isnt that good.

The idea that Josefson has been good with Carter and Bernier before he got hurt is a myth. Its a fairy tale. Its a narrative.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Yep, Chemistry is key. Dont break up what works. Doesnt matter what line this is.

The idea that Josefson has been good with Carter and Bernier before he got hurt is a myth. Its a fairy tale. Its a narrative.

But if the fourth line doesn't matter why not just toss Josefson in there. Since, you know, it doesn't matter?

CBGB was a -2 last night by the way. That entire line. Minus 2.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
But if the fourth line doesn't matter why not just toss Josefson in there. Since, you know, it doesn't matter?

Thats great, in one game against the best team in the EC (Arguably) they were a -2. One Game, and that is your evidence to back up your claim :laugh::laugh:

Also were did I say since its the 4th line it doesnt matter. Please bold it in my post and then come back to me. The 4th line completely does matter. Our playoff run in 2012 proves it.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

The idea that CBGB has been good every time they've been together is myth. It's a fairy tale. It's a narrative.

its not a myth by any standard.... that line has good chemistry...can josefson fill in for gio and maybe make it a better line...quite possibly..

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

nobody is saying it doesn't matter but if the scoring woes continue...im not sure tweaking your 4th line is priority #1 a good fourth line is very important but they don't need to score 50 goals this year they need to forecheck hard, hit , and create chaos... our current fourth line does taht.. not speaking for anyone but myself i guess my point is befoer we start breaking up the one line that has played together lets look at our supposed offensive players and their production first

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
nobody is saying it doesn't matter but if the scoring woes continue...im not sure tweaking your 4th line is priority #1 a good fourth line is very important but they don't need to score 50 goals this year they need to forecheck hard, hit , and create chaos... our current fourth line does taht.. not speaking for anyone but myself i guess my point is befoer we start breaking up the one line that has played together lets look at our supposed offensive players and their production first

Jesus Christ, thank you. Someone gets it.

In a season where we are breaking in 4 new forwards, lets leave the one line we know has chemistry together alone.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Thats great, in one game against the best team in the EC (Arguably) they were a -2. One Game, and that is your evidence to back up your claim :laugh::laugh:

Well to be fair you're the one that said "every time they're together they play well." :sarcasm:

I don't like the "if it works, stick with it" mentality when it comes to CBGB.

It's like making a cake with cinnamon, vanilla, and low-fat sugar. It tastes great. But you have brown sugar sitting up in the press box. Why not try and see if it tastes better?

Especially considering the fact that you lost a lot of high quality ingredients in the off-season, so you're cheaping out as is top to bottom.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

Lokti is obviously the better playmaker though he has the exact same stats as Josefson through his career !

Josefson - 6 goals 22 assists in 91GP and he is a +5
Lokti - 11 goals 15 assists in 88 GP and a -4

Wow is he impressive. He obviously shouldnt be a candidate to be benched when there is a better version of him sitting in the press box

wow we're looking at stats over the course of years when they were playing on and off. smart! if you watched the game you'd know lokti shouldn't be out of the lineup. so we score ZERO goals and somehow we need to put a more "complete" player in? we already have zajac and henrique who provide tremendous d. we need scoring. lokti and brunner should be on a line together. they can actually create offense.

edit: that was one of the clearest examples of lokti hating all year. absolutely blind with hatred. is it xenophobia? did he slap your mama? i dont get it...kid has been very good since day one and people like you just wanna take him outta the lineup.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Jesus Christ, thank you. Someone gets it.

In a season where we are breaking in 4 new forwards, lets leave the one line we know has chemistry together alone.

i think the mental block for some is that most of us want josefson in the lineup...myself included. i even want tedenby to get his chance cause he is fast. but i think the guys josefson and tedenby should be pushing are zajac, henrique ryder etc... those are the guys that in my mind have under performed ( ryder i guess to early to tell) but zajac and henrique have bigger sample sizes to complain from and i thought henrique was brutal last year so i personally have him on a short leash despite the contract extension

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
wow we're looking at stats over the course of years when they were playing on and off. smart! if you watched the game you'd know lokti shouldn't be out of the lineup. so we score ZERO goals and somehow we need to put a more "complete" player in? we already have zajac and henrique who provide tremendous d. we need scoring. lokti and brunner should be on a line together. they can actually create offense.

loktionov right now is probably one of our top three forwards in fact i still can't figure out why debeor doesn't put him on the ****** pp.. people need to stop looking at contracts and who "should" be in lineup and start looking at the play of individuals and who "deserves" to be in lineup... loktionov provides something this team sorely lacks ...creativity and playmaking ability from the center position and enough speed to keep defensman on their heels.. i don't care if he has a 1 year 500000 dollar contract he is deserving to continue to play

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
loktionov right now is probably one of our top three forwards in fact i still can't figure out why debeor doesn't put him on the ****** pp.. people need to stop looking at contracts and who "should" be in lineup and start looking at the play of individuals and who "deserves" to be in lineup... loktionov provides something this team sorely lacks ...creativity and playmaking ability from the center position and enough speed to keep defensman on their heels.. i don't care if he has a 1 year 500000 dollar contract he is deserving to continue to play

100% agreed. i'm glad the season has started so it's not just talk anymore. watch the ****ing game and it is so clear he belongs on this team.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Relax people, we iced 4 new guys in our top 9!
Game #1 against a perennial cup contender in their building. Chemistry will take time.

Ive said in my few posts on here, we need actual talent. I believe we are a bit better with the acquisitions we made but again, it will take time...

The only thing that concerns me is the albatross of awfulness in the Volch/Harold pairing. that needs to change asap...

The problem was the way they lost. Many of us could have lived with a 6-3 loss in which the devils really applied quality chances on Fleury. That really wasn't the case. Secondly, it's not like Pittsburgh is a defensive juggernaut. This was a horrid loss, new guys or not.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Well to be fair you're the one that said "every time they're together they play well." :sarcasm:

I don't like the "if it works, stick with it" mentality when it comes to CBGB.

It's like making a cake with cinnamon, vanilla, and low-fat sugar. It tastes great. But you have brown sugar sitting up in the press box. Why not try and see if it tastes better?

Especially considering the fact that you lost a lot of high quality ingredients in the off-season, so you're cheaping out as is top to bottom.

you are not 100% wrong and that is the easy way out for the coaching staff, and it may be worth a look but i will refer to my previous post that josefson should be pushing the top 9 not the bottom 3 ...i think we agree that he should be playing but just slightly disagree on whom he should be replace...its a good debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig