Best player ever

• Brain of Crosby, Body of Lindros, Legs and hands of McDavid

• Brain of Gretzky, Body of Orr, Legs and hands of Lemieux

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Given your choice, and assuming we get the prime version of each players, uhhh....parts.. And they all had access to modern training and coaching and were the same age/era.

What franken-player do you pick #1OV in fantasy draft as the ultimate player?

Lemieux is my childhood idol. And Wayne is the GOAT. But there is nothing more terrifying than the idea of your arch rival team having a feisty workhorse like Crosby coming at your team in the body of Lindros, and with the speed of Mcdavid - in a playoff game that means a lot. Just lie down and give up, imo.

Edit: Enough people are whining about Lindros not being in the "new school"....seriously? Not my fault the generational talents didnt come out at a uniform rate of time........

NHL ROOKIE SEASONS;

Bobby Orr - 1966-67

13 YEAR GAP

Wayne Gretzky - 1979-80

Mario Lemieux - 1985-86

VS

Lindros - 1992-93

13 YEAR GAP

Crosby - 2005-06

McDavid - 2015-16

DEAL WITH IT, CHILDREN.

Last edited:

Aug 3, 2010
Why is Lindros in the "new school" when he played in the same era as Gretzky and Lemieux?
He retired 8 years before McDavid was even drafted.
I agree. If you need a physical "modern monster" there's still plenty to choose from. Chara? Ovechkin? Johnny Gaudreau?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Why is Lindros in the "new school" when he played in the same era as Gretzky and Lemieux?
He retired 8 years before McDavid was even drafted.

I agree. If you need a physical "modern monster" there's still plenty to choose from. Chara? Ovechkin? Johnny Gaudreau?

I mean guys, it's not that hard to see the pattern...

These 6 guys were considered the best of their generation at their peak.... that's why I picked them.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Brain of Crosby, Body of Lindros, Legs and hands of McDavid is an unbelievable player, Body of Lindros wins it with McJesus' speed.

Reactions: Samsquanch

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Body of Lindros decides it for me.

Maybe it if was body of Colton Orr?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Best one would be brain of Gretzky, body of Chara, legs of Russ Courtnall and hands of Al Kovalev.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
That's fine, but when you term the poll 'New school vs Old school' and then include an Old school guy in the New school option it kind of defeats the purpose.

When you get this hung up and nitpicky in a thread that's just for shits and giggles - you've definitely missed the point....

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Should really be the body of Ovechkin, Lindros wasn't of this era and he was made of glass.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Lindros at his peak would have made Ovy his bitch (from a strength/physicality standpoint). Will all due respect to Ovy.
Sure bud, Ovechkin has laid out bigger men than Lindros and he's the most durable player of this era. The chances of who would come out the better of a collision between the 2 men is pretty handily in Ovechkin's favour.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Sure bud, Ovechkin has laid out bigger men than Lindros and he's the most durable player of this era. The chances of who would come out the better of a collision between the 2 men is pretty handily in Ovechkin's favour.

Lol. We will just have to agree to disagree there guy.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The second group has 3 of the 4 players from hockey’s Mount Rushmore, so them.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
LOL without exception everyone in the old guy group is better the the new guy group. This should be lopsided.

But it's not because having a bruiser like Lindros with the speed of McDavid would be the craziest athlete the NHL has ever seen.

Now give him Crosby's hockey brain and work ethic.....

Is the creative mind of Gretzky enough to tip the scale in the other way? I dont think it's an easy "yes".

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
It's kind of odd that the old frankenplayer has Lemieux's legs rather than Orr's but it's still an easy choice.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

I mean Im not going to say your wrong. Its purely hypothetical, obviously.

But if you seriously had the choice and didnt at least consider the damage that could be done with a player as physically dominant as Lindros and the speed of McDavid, the fastest player in the history of hockey. And powered by the brain of the hardest worker and best leader in Crosby - then your not doing your job properly as a fantasy GM in bizarro world. Imo.

I think people forget just how intimadating Lindros was physically at his peak. Before he broke down. It was like Lebron playing high school basketball when he was already 6'8" from a matchup standpoint.

It's kind of odd that the old frankenplayer has Lemieux's legs rather than Orr's but it's still an easy choice.

Lemieux was the better skater and had softer hands imo. Orr was more powerful, still fast and the best skater for his time, but not on the level of Lemieux and some of the other stars we saw emerge as time went on.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The Bobby Orr body option is a weird one. The guy was known for his incredible skating ability, not his intimidating physique.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The Bobby Orr body option is a weird one. The guy was known for his incredible skating ability, not his intimidating physique.

Orr was a beast physically, and would be #2 on the list after Lindros if you compared the 6 players in that category. He was a lot more physical than Lemieux, despite giving up a bit of size to him. And he played a hard, battler type of game, and was always engaged physically. Nothing odd about it.

All of them were known for their hockey brains and elite hands and passing abilities. If you want to give the legs and hands to Orr and body to Lemieux thats fine, but I dont think it makes a stronger case for them.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Orr was a beast physically, and would be #2 on the list after Lindros if you compared the 6 players in that category. He was a lot more physical than Lemieux, despite giving up a bit of size to him. And he played a hard, battler type of game, and was always engaged physically. Nothing odd about it.

All of them were known for their hockey brains and elite hands and passing abilities. If you want to give the legs and hands to Orr and body to Lemieux thats fine, but I dont think it makes a stronger case for them.

I figured the "body" option was putting all these attributes in an impressive physical body. Orr's roughly 6'0 and 195 lbs. isn't impressive compared to Lemieux's 6'4 and over 200 lbs. Gretzky's brain and Orr's skating in Lemieux's 6'4 body would dominate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad