OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The Peter’s/Slowik combo has been spoken of numerous times.

Which in an of itself would be fine. My hesitation with him (vs other candidates) is he has had such little experience in full leadership roles.

IF the team is dead set on the “young assistant” route, then he’s as good as any of them, IMO.

BUT, I still want Harbutt. Which seems to me, to be diminishing, as it probably would’ve happened by now. The delays mean they are obv waiting out the assistants in Detroit, Dallas (sic), Houston, and Baltimore.

Posted above already? Only like 6 posts up? Ever read? ;)
No one pays attention to you, CCR. I mean, obviously —- 🤪🤪

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Sep 19, 2008

The Peter’s/Slowik combo has been spoken of numerous times.

Which in an of itself would be fine. My hesitation with him (vs other candidates) is he has had such little experience in full leadership roles.

IF the team is dead set on the “young assistant” route, then he’s as good as any of them, IMO.

BUT, I still want Harbutt. Which seems to me, to be diminishing, as it probably would’ve happened by now. The delays mean they are obv waiting out the assistants in Detroit, Dallas (sic), Houston, and Baltimore.

No one pays attention to you, CCR. I mean, obviously —- 🤪🤪
gotta start somewhere. I'll take my risks with a young offensive minded HC over a retread. Harbaugh just wants too much control

Reactions: TCB

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That TB receiver that scored a touchdown with that 4.3 speed was like turbo mode in action watching that. One thing that stood out in a number of the games that some teams had some legit speed in in some skill positions on the offensive side of the ball.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
RG3 is in some sort of Twitter war with Jay Gruden.

1705425063230.jpeg

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Eagles - no AJ Brown means Hurts couldn’t just launch balls 60 yards down field for a PI or Brown to make an amazing catch

Eagles Super Bowl run year .. they were like 90% success rate on getting PI/amazing catch on 50/50 long balls. Teams had to double high safety opening up underneath

That average had to come down

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I dunno, Jay is someone I think could have been successful under better owner/management. He got us a division title, he had the offense playing well. He is the one who developed Kirk. We actually had decent FA pick ups and drafted okay when he was the HC. None of these thing are easy to do under Dan as we have seen.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Eagles - no AJ Brown means Hurts couldn’t just launch balls 60 yards down field for a PI or Brown to make an amazing catch

Eagles Super Bowl run year .. they were like 90% success rate on getting PI/amazing catch on 50/50 long balls. Teams had to double high safety opening up underneath

That average had to come down

They have speedy receivers without AJ Brown. Devonta Smith caught almost as many 20+yd passes as AJ in 2022.

I think the biggest difference was their pass defense. They went from 5th best to 5th worst (guess who was dead last lol)

Reactions: usiel

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I generally skip your posts for obvious reasons 🤣

Just kidding, scrolling too fast on my phone.

If only you skipped my posts! ;)

All good brother.

I'm not sure I've ever hated an ex Redskin a much as RGme. Just shut up and fade away already.

You and me both…but honestly, he’s not terrible as an analyst, but he’s still stuck in player mode and tries way too hard to make common issues about him or somehow bring his past into it.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I like how he ducked the question if he had been involved in the HC interviews yet.

'Alignment' was thrown about far too much. It is a huge buzz word for my company I just always worry that when that is bandied about there is a understanding that alignment does not necessarily mean agreement. One can disagree but still be in alignment. Probably won't get his true stamp on the scouting staff until after the draft but naturally a bit of a concern rolling into this draft.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I like how he ducked the question if he had been involved in the HC interviews yet.

'Alignment' was thrown about far too much. It is a huge buzz word for my company I just always worry that when that is bandied about there is an understanding that alignment does not necessarily mean agreement. One can disagree but still be in alignment. Probably won't get his true stamp on the scouting staff until after the draft but naturally a bit of a concern rolling into this draft.
I’ve been thinking about this — the concern that due to his coming into the organization now, that we will somehow be behind other orgs in preparation for FA and the draft.

That, I simply do not see as an issue. Peter’s already HAS his views on pretty much any player available to us. He’s been doing this job already, just not here.

The disconnect, and probably why “alignment” is being used, is because he’s going to have to overrule the current regime, and I’d imagine, quite a bit. He’s going with his vision (good), but he’s still got to delegate duties to people to make it happen. He needs a staff. They have one now. I’d wager most of it will be kept thru April, and then we will see a lot more change.

We could still see one of the Marty’s getting dumped, and replaced with one of “his guys”, but it won’t be sweeping. He simply cannot.

Reactions: ynotcaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Good article on Ben Johnson, from Tennessee standpoint. The thing that stands out is how he disguises plays. See this quote.

"One of the first slides we talk about with our identity is we want everything to look the same — we want the same things to look different and different things to look the same," Johnson told the Detroit News prior to this season. "... Whatever we think they're practicing, we want to use that against them."
I'm telling you, this is Joe Gibbs 2.0. Gibbs used to talk about running the same plays from multiple formations, and multiple plays out of the same formation. Teams never "knew what was coming" like we used to hear about Jay Gruden or Scott Turner.

I'm hoping we land him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad