OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
breath.jpg

zach-nod.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’ll allow it this one last time ( ;) )…….but if I ever see another (Redskins) thread title with that evil MFers name in it….

Can‘t believe it’s over…..

Reactions: Neil Racki

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I have to be honest, I always thought that if he sold the team I would snap right back to how I felt in the 80s, 90s, early 2000s. But I haven’t. I’m glad he is gone and I feel they may actually have a chance to become a good franchise again, but I’m not as excited as I thought I would be. I still have that “my team is gone and dead” feeling. Maybe I need to see improvements first? Or maybe it will be like getting an expansion team and it will just take time. But right now I look at a picture of magic holding a “W” helmet and feel nothing.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I thought that troll was going to hold onto the franchise until I hit my 70s, since he's still pretty young, so I'm excited.

I wish they would change the name again, but at least now there's hope for on-field competence and a stop to the off-field embarrassments.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I wonder how the players feel now? Have we seen any interviews.

I pretty sure everyone is in the lame duck season. Sucks for Chase Young bc I think he still as tons of upside.

And EB will be coach in 24 if he doesn’t fumble

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have to be honest, I always thought that if he sold the team I would snap right back to how I felt in the 80s, 90s, early 2000s. But I haven’t. I’m glad he is gone and I feel they may actually have a chance to become a good franchise again, but I’m not as excited as I thought I would be. I still have that “my team is gone and dead” feeling. Maybe I need to see improvements first? Or maybe it will be like getting an expansion team and it will just take time. But right now I look at a picture of magic holding a “W” helmet and feel nothing.

It's grief. It takes time.

We're all here for you, brother.

I’ll allow it this one last time ( ;) )…….but if I ever see another (Redskins) thread title with that evil MFers name in it….

Can‘t believe it’s over…..
1690019759137.png

Reactions: Corby78

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I thought that troll was going to hold onto the franchise until I hit my 70s, since he's still pretty young, so I'm excited.

I wish they would change the name again, but at least now there's hope for on-field competence and a stop to the off-field embarrassments.

They were coy about the name change. Saying they have other priorities is not a "no", it's a "we have a marketing and transition plan and we don't want to be constantly answering questions about the name while we unpack our shit" thing.

NFL rules prohibit name changes within 5yrs but there's an exception for new owners. They did say they were looking at everything and I think Magic said they were going to change "everything" about the team from the last 20 years, etc.

So I view this as getting the team back on track somewhat and getting everyone settled for a while, then coming up with a new name and marketing strategy on their own timeline. Once they get the fanbase comfortable they might actually do some polling.

Probably 1-2yrs is my guess.

Sep 19, 2008
I became a fan in HS when I was like 17 there were 17 glory years I missed (87, 91)

This is the first time other than Snyder that I've seen anyone own the team. I am very optimistic.

One key is that Harris isn't doing what Snyder did and what I mean by that is he's taking his partner's insight and the fans into account. Already we are seeing him waffle on the name although he won't openly say he'll change it right now.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
It’s actually starting to hit me now, this is honestly so great for all of us. All the bullshit and the constant cloud over us all even during a win streak is gone, even for me when we were winning (rare) still in the back of my mind I knew we had a dickhead owner. Especially the last 3 years have been horrible, I haven’t felt this stoked since 2012. f*** yes. Magic seems like a great spokesperson for this team, let’s gooooooo

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I'm glad douchebag is gone, and I feel the need to pump the brakes. The roster is still flawed, HC RR needs to go. We are still 5+ years out from playoff contention.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

I don't know why but I kinda feel the same way.

Dan Snyder kind of ruined the whole sport for me. Instead of seeing athletes playing a game, I just see huge corporations milking people with nearly all the benefits going to a few greedy douchebags.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm glad douchebag is gone, and I feel the need to pump the brakes. The roster is still flawed, HC RR needs to go. We are still 5+ years out from playoff contention.
They could make the playoffs this year if the defense is as advertised and Howell plays like a mid tier starting QB. Big ifs for sure but there’s talent on that roster.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
But right now I look at a picture of magic holding a “W” helmet and feel nothing.

I know what you mean. It's kinda like those movies where we travelled back in time, accidentally changed something, and when we got back to 2023 things are just slightly, weirdly askew. "Magic Johnson is an owner of the Redskins??" is a lot like that Doc Brown "Ronald Reagan is president??" moment in Back to the Future.

So who changed something in the past, huh? Did twabby tip someone off on the utility of analytics? Did CCR try to get them not to draft RG3? Did someone try to pull some strings to keep Cousins?

Well, whoever did whatever, thanks. Glad to be rid of that assclown.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Not sure why, but a fake Chase Young trade is trending on Twi.... er X (or whatever the hell it is now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad