Rumor: New Oilers Third Jersey

rec28

Dec 16, 2003
Vancouver Island
Visit site
I want these rugged jerseys back

weight-doug-620-thumb-620xauto-174494.jpg

Yes! We've done the retro thing long enough and badly soiled the memory of those jerseys inside and out. To me, the major changes in the front office, an incoming proto-superstar, and all of the optimism surrounding this upcoming season more than justify a visual break from the recent past.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I'd love a black jersey. Something similar to the San Jose ones.

51pYp0iBTrL._UX342_.jpg

Or at least something darker, like the left one here.

ta67g7.jpg

Agreed, I've always wanted to see what the Oilers would look like in a black jersey. Just like you said with SJ but maybe more like the Hawks Black Winter Classics.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I highly doubt the Oilers would release a third jersey. Usually reebok style guides are out by now and places like Icethetics would have some type of leak of news regarding a potential alternate.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if one is in the works... But I'd be extremely surprised if one dropped on draft day with very little buzz.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Everytime I hear about some new/third jersey I think about the fashion show bit from Slapshot.

Google it.

"Ensemble No. 32, entitled "Omar Sharif"

"It's good publicity. You fellas have not been drawing them in the way you have in the past."

etc. etc.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
Love the orange. I'd be more than fine with it if they went with those as a third.

The copper/blue/red was horrible. I sincerely hope we never see that combination come back! Hated it! Along with the spawn 3rd's, god those were disgusting.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I highly doubt the Oilers would release a third jersey. Usually reebok style guides are out by now and places like Icethetics would have some type of leak of news regarding a potential alternate.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if one is in the works... But I'd be extremely surprised if one dropped on draft day with very little buzz.

Thanks, I pretty much said the same thing in the first jersey thread, with the 2016-17 opener being the debut.

Unlikely that anything happens this year, I guess either Gregor needs to kill air time, or the org had somehow hidden the production process from everyone. Likely the former.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Love the orange. I'd be more than fine with it if they went with those as a third.

The copper/blue/red was horrible. I sincerely hope we never see that combination come back! Hated it! Along with the spawn 3rd's, god those were disgusting.

We could never be friends.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oh man. If they could clean that dark jersey up a bit and insert the OEG logo in, that would be oh so sexy. Someone please do a mock up.

Honestly...I think it would make a better shoulder patch than a primary logo. Its too simplistic IMO.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
While I'm not that keen on an orange jersey, I can see it. McDavid is a marketing bonanza for the Oilers, they probably pushed for a third jersey immediately after finding out they had the pick.

Gotta start cashing in.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Here's something I photoshopped a while ago for a Yak wallpaper:

fyGCXCn.png

I just slapped my (old) site's logo onto it but I think it looks neat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad