Rumor: New Oilers Third Jersey

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Throwing a 3rd jersey on Connor at the draft to sell some jerseys would be such an Oilers move..

Dont do that Oilers. Just don't.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I really hope this is false, I just want the Oilers to keep their original home/away sets without a 3rd just like Montreal does. Save the Alberta Oilers jersey unveiling at the next Winter Classic.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
To much money to be made on jersey sales!

Precisely.

If it were up to me, I'd want to go back a few years for our alternate.

The 05/06:
2283_2006_finals_ales.jpg

Or the 07/08 alternate:
4412.jpg

ItsTheBGB

Borusse!!
Aug 30, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I grew up on the copper and blue jerseys, and I never want to go back. I love our jerseys now, and I will love the third is it is like that orange mock up.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I like the MacFarlane ones specifically because they AREN'T traditional.

This organization is a little too obsessed with the past and something with a mind of the future would be appreciated.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I like the MacFarlane ones specifically because they AREN'T traditional.

This organization is a little too obsessed with the past and something with a mind of the future would be appreciated.

I do find it odd how the majority of the fanbase seems to only consider past jerseys as possibilities when it comes to 3rd jerseys. Trying something new is something most teams do, we're not limited to only jerseys we've had in the past.

That all being said, I love the barons version of the orange, so I have no problem with it being that if they do choose to go that route.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'd love a black jersey. Something similar to the San Jose ones.

51pYp0iBTrL._UX342_.jpg

Or at least something darker, like the left one here.

ta67g7.jpg

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I do find it odd how the majority of the fanbase seems to only consider past jerseys as possibilities when it comes to 3rd jerseys. Trying something new is something most teams do, we're not limited to only jerseys we've had in the past.

That all being said, I love the barons version of the orange, so I have no problem with it being that if they do choose to go that route.

Yeah, I mean, the current jerseys started as nostalgic throwback jerseys. There is no reason for a new third to be a throw-back as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
there's too many all-black jerseys now. The Macfarlane jerseys were more original at the time, but the basic scheme is now tired imo. Having the all-orange would be starkly original at least.

Another possible neat thing about it is that it is still very different than some of the darker home jerseys like the ones that the Lightning or Kings have. Maybe we could play some games against those teams that is black vs orange thirds instead of black vs road white.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm a fan of the old copper and blue jerseys of the Weight era as well, and I definitely feel we should embrace that part of our history

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
The Copper and Blue jerseys were amazing (I hate that the team went to the pyjamas) however they had their time. The Orange Alberta Oilers jersey pairs well with the current jerseys and would give the team a colour that every other team doesn't have.

Maybe next time they go back to Copper and Blue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad