New National Hockey League - Main Thread

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Yep.

What's your policy on do-overs, commish?

Frankly, I don't think there should be any, but it's your call.

I was thinking that if that exactly was the case, the difference between the two players is so blatantly obvious that I might let him change it this time.

Usually if the person picks a player (like say Burrows) and the person after them makes their pick, but the person really wanted Kesler then I won't let them change.

If there is such an obvious mistake as this appears to be, I don't feel it's right to punish him when it will clearly hurt his team.

My original instinct was to let him pick again this time, even though I usually don't.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
I agree with Modo, gotta know what the hell you're doing in these games.

It depends truly on what kind of mistake it was.

If it was just a typo and he meant to put in Claude not thinking he was taken already then that's different than thinking originally that Alexandre was Claude from the outset imo.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
My take is that if he meant to take Claude he should have searched the thread to see if he had been taken yet (which he was, several rounds before hand). Instead he mistakenly takes a different Giroux, a player who has no business being picked in this draft in the first place.

It's a mistake at two levels. If he did the search first, he would have noticed Giroux had already been taken and thus wouldn't have made the pick at all.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
There's also the very real, albeit unlikely, possibility that JP was making the pick based on small sample-size: A. Giroux played one game and scored one goal with the Oilers this year. Maybe JP thinks Giroux is a good prospect for the future, instead of an AHL lifer?

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
If you let him re-pick, there should at least be some sort of penalty towards it, like he doesn't get to pick until x amount of picks are made.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
If he thought Alex Giroux WAS Claude, then he couldn't have searched for him. He probably typed in Alex Giroux, got nothing, and was like "Hellz yes! Alex Giroux! Steal of the draftz!!!!!!!!1!11!!1!!"

Just let him repick. He's been through enough greif with our tormenting already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad