Post-Game Talk: New Mr. Clutch in town. Yak with the OT winner!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Phoenix didn't deserve a point but whatever. At least we won.

God the Yotes are boring.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Weirdest game ever.

This was wackier than the LA game.

Phantom penalties, non-calls all over the ice, two teams who had no energy in the compressed schedule, the library in Glendale, the Coyotes not getting off the ice after Yakupov scored, Whitney getting punched in the middle of a goal celebration...

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Krueger could've lost that game for us because of his Potter love affair.

It needs to stop.

And what was with Potter playing on the power play near the end of the third? What happened to playing for the win? He messed with the top power play in the league because he wanted to keep the puck out of our net (although any other player probably would do a better job).

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
On a night where our top line played like crap, it was nice to see our 2nd line step up and play great. Shows we are not just a one line team like we have been in the past. Even the third line played good too and chipped in a goal. Great game by Dubnyk. We would easily lose this game last year, nice to be on the winning side of it even after a crushing late goal.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Don't think Morris had an issue with the celebration, I think he was arguing the puck went off Whitney's glove or something.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
My God! Is Phoenix the whiniest team in the league??? ****! Game over, series over. . . nope, we'll just keep *****ing. . .

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I think Morris was high sticked in the mouth by Whitney in the scramble right before Yak scored

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
What a game by Dubnyk. Some great saves.

Kid line started the game terrible, but towards the end got the cycle game going. Probably one of their worst games of the season though.

Petrell. What a beauty. Pure heart all game.

2nd line had some great chances. Yakupov was fairly quiet all game but showed up when it mattered.

On to the next one!

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Whitney You don't let Morris wail on you like that. Man up if you're going to chirp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilma

Sep 4, 2006
Whitney chirped him. Morris was pissed at Whitney, not Yakupov.

Makes more sense...was watching the Yotes stream who were ornery about the celebration. Didn't make sense to me whatsoever

shmadz

Blood before water..
Jul 7, 2006
...Oil before blood.
I'm pretty sure now that Whitney just needed some time after the extended off-season. I always thought he was pretty good, going back to the days in Pit.

Good to see he's starting to get it in gear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad