New Line Combos (10/22) lots of changes

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Which is why your analysis of the kings situation and what happened before it is invalid. It's maturity, and maturity coincides with leadership. I never said that Richards never helped the kings. He probably helped the team develop better leadership. But the same could be said with Greene, Stoll, Willie. They are leaders as well.

But what you're not understanding is that Richards is not needed any more. What is needed now is goal scoring, Richards leaving doesn't leave a hole in leadership. We have a lot of leaders now, we don't need him. We need goal scoring.

I can't believe I'm reading this garbage. Did you just start watching hockey when the Kings won the Cup? Seriously, how can anyone who calls themselves a hockey fan say that a guy like Richards is not needed? Unbelievable. Do you remember how crappy this team was and the options they had as #2 centers before Richards' arrival? I'm guessing not judging by the drivel you are posting.

Yes, they do need goal scoring, but at the cost of Mike Richards? Tell me, how many scoring wingers do the Kings have after Carter? Williams? Then who? Brown is a glorified grinder who can chip in occasionally (sadly) and the rest of the wingers on the team are all grinders.

If you've paid any attention at all this season you wouldn't write such crap about Mike Richards. Most nights he's been the best player on the team and he acts more like a leader on the ice than any other player wearing a letter on their sweater.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Alright, if that's what you believe, then it's obvious that you don't respect my opinion. I will leave it to other lifelong Kings fans to continue a discussion with you and maybe in twenty years I can actually contribute my opinion.

Most logical and sensible people who follow this sport disagree with him. Just chalk it up as an uneducated fan who doesn't comprehend the intracicies of the game. :shakehead

KingKopitar11*

I can't believe I'm reading this garbage. Did you just start watching hockey when the Kings won the Cup? Seriously, how can anyone who calls themselves a hockey fan say that a guy like Richards is not needed? Unbelievable. Do you remember how crappy this team was and the options they had as #2 centers before Richards' arrival? I'm guessing not judging by the drivel you are posting.

Yes, they do need goal scoring, but at the cost of Mike Richards? Tell me, how many scoring wingers do the Kings have after Carter? Williams? Then who? Brown is a glorified grinder who can chip in occasionally (sadly) and the rest of the wingers on the team are all grinders.

If you've paid any attention at all this season you wouldn't write such crap about Mike Richards. Most nights he's been the best player on the team and he acts more like a leader on the ice than any other player wearing a letter on their sweater.

Lol, that's cute. You're obviously reading incorrectly. They don't need Richards any more. What Richards gave the kings was great, but we don't need any more "leadership". How does he act more like a leader? Oh man, that's just pure garbage. Kopitar is a great leader as well as Brown, willie, greener.

Why do we need to have an abundance of leaders? What ****ing point does that serve? If you can literally flip Ovi for Richards, any sane person would do it, fill a weakness with a point of strength, he's expendable. What crap shoot are you watching?

KingKopitar11*

Most logical and sensible people who follow this sport disagree with him. Just chalk it up as an uneducated fan who doesn't comprehend the intracicies of the game. :shakehead

Most homers and sensationalists is what you mean. Go post this crap on the main boards and you will see how no one agrees with you except the people here.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Sorry that im not in love with richards.

You're not in love with Kopitar either. Just who do you love on the Kings? :P

Would that change when Richards and Kopitar both continue to light the lamp as they've always had before? It's not like the slump was going to last forever, these players average like 25+ goals per season regularly. I wouldn't bee too worried about our goalscoring if we're winning games while they aren't scoring goals.

Things will be better when we make room for one of the kids to come up and shake up the offense.

KingKopitar11*

You're not in love with Kopitar either. Just who do you love on the Kings? :P

Would that change when Richards and Kopitar both continue to light the lamp as they've always had before? It's not like the slump was going to last forever, these players average like 25+ goals per season regularly. I wouldn't bee too worried about our goalscoring if we're winning games while they aren't scoring goals.

Things will be better when we make room for one of the kids to come up and shake up the offense.

I'm not worried, it's all hypothetical. I'm not saying this will happen, or should happen because that trade wont work.

I'm just being hypothetical and people are just pissed because Golden Boy is on the spot light.

I do like Kopi, it's just when he played like crap he pissed me off.

I love Carter, Doughty, and Brown. I don't even hate richards! It's just that when I throw his name in for a hypothetical switch for the CURRENT team, people freak out.

And what's funny, people keep bringing up the past, when I am talk about the present situation of the kings.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
Lol, that's cute. You're obviously reading incorrectly. They don't need Richards any more. What Richards gave the kings was great, but we don't need any more "leadership". How does he act more like a leader? Oh man, that's just pure garbage. Kopitar is a great leader as well as Brown, willie, greener.

Why do we need to have an abundance of leaders? What ****ing point does that serve? If you can literally flip Ovi for Richards, any sane person would do it, fill a weakness with a point of strength, he's expendable. What crap shoot are you watching?

Lol first you want to trade kopitar, now Richards isn't needed. Hell lets get rid of our only 2 real playmakers.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Which is why your analysis of the kings situation and what happened before it is invalid. It's maturity, and maturity coincides with leadership. I never said that Richards never helped the kings. He probably helped the team develop better leadership. But the same could be said with Greene, Stoll, Willie. They are leaders as well.

But what you're not understanding is that Richards is not needed any more. What is needed now is goal scoring, Richards leaving doesn't leave a hole in leadership. We have a lot of leaders now, we don't need him. We need goal scoring.

Personally, I would try and promote from within first. And if by trade deadline, we're still looking for scoring, then I may look to move a piece or two.

I don't always agree with you, but you're ok in my book. :thumbu:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Most homers and sensationalists is what you mean. Go post this crap on the main boards and you will see how no one agrees with you except the people here.

You're the most reactionary poster on here who doesn't think before posting. I'm not saying Richards is better than Ovechkin, but you saying that Richards is no longer needed on the team is about as sensible and a smart idea as suggesting the Kings trade Kopitar. I guess Richards wasn't needed to win that game against Phoenix.

You simply don't understand the game if you think that way. And no, I'm not some homer who sensationalizes players. Otherwise I wouldn't be so damn critical of how Brown plays most nights or others on the team who should be doing more given their role on the roster and their salary (i.e. Stoll and even Lewis to some degree).

Now if you said Stoll is no longer needed, that's fine, he's not doing enough out there to warrant his salary, but to say that about Richards? Look at how often him and Carter are a threat every time they're on the ice in a PK situation. He's been pivotal in making some damn nice plays that resulted in game winning goals. He has been a very important piece to the puzzle and still has produced 7 points in 11 games.

Maybe you don't remember back when the Kings options for 2nd line centers were the likes of Bryan Smolinski or Derek Armstrong or Michal Handzus or Jarret Stoll. The problem with scoring is the lack of production from wingers. Least the centers are picking up assists and playing a direct part in producing goals. Look at the wingers after Carter, who has 5 goals. Williams and King are tied for 2nd in goals with 4 each, followed by Brown and Nolan with 2 apiece. Then you have Frattin, Carcillo and Clifford with 1 goal each. That's not a lot of production from the wingers. Stoll, Fraser and Lewis haven't scored a goal yet, and I find it to be extra disappointing from Stoll and Lewis. Although the top two centers on the team have only netted 2 goals combined, they've been a big reason why this team has won 7 of 11 games. Sure, more offense would be nice, but they aren't part of the problem.

Oh and the Flames also walked all over the Capitals. I guess that amazing offense doesn't shine so bright like you tend to believe.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Why do you keep referencing the main boards as if that means anything? Most are fans of the offense only east side of things....

KingKopitar11*

You're the most reactionary poster on here who doesn't think before posting. I'm not saying Richards is better than Ovechkin, but you saying that Richards is no longer needed on the team is about as sensible and a smart idea as suggesting the Kings trade Kopitar. I guess Richards wasn't needed to win that game against Phoenix.

You simply don't understand the game if you think that way. And no, I'm not some homer who sensationalizes players. Otherwise I wouldn't be so damn critical of how Brown plays most nights or others on the team who should be doing more given their role on the roster and their salary (i.e. Stoll and even Lewis to some degree).

Now if you said Stoll is no longer needed, that's fine, he's not doing enough out there to warrant his salary, but to say that about Richards? Look at how often him and Carter are a threat every time they're on the ice in a PK situation. He's been pivotal in making some damn nice plays that resulted in game winning goals. He has been a very important piece to the puzzle and still has produced 7 points in 11 games.

Maybe you don't remember back when the Kings options for 2nd line centers were the likes of Bryan Smolinski or Derek Armstrong or Michal Handzus or Jarret Stoll. The problem with scoring is the lack of production from wingers. Least the centers are picking up assists and playing a direct part in producing goals. Look at the wingers after Carter, who has 5 goals. Williams and King are tied for 2nd in goals with 4 each, followed by Brown and Nolan with 2 apiece. Then you have Frattin, Carcillo and Clifford with 1 goal each. That's not a lot of production from the wingers. Stoll, Fraser and Lewis haven't scored a goal yet, and I find it to be extra disappointing from Stoll and Lewis. Although the top two centers on the team have only netted 2 goals combined, they've been a big reason why this team has won 7 of 11 games. Sure, more offense would be nice, but they aren't part of the problem.

Oh and the Flames also walked all over the Capitals. I guess that amazing offense doesn't shine so bright like you tend to believe.

I'm not as conservative as you.

Brown isn't the real problem. If you expect him to be a first liner that's your fault.

And it's not some left field thinking. Wanting a player that will fill in a weakness at the expense of a forward that plays in our area of strength is pretty logical.

Smolinski wasn't that bad on the kings, Armstrong on the other hand was.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Most of these guys are former Flyers fans. They think Richards is the captain or something. They seem to forget the kings have a lot of leaders besides Richards. Most of these people just have a crush on Richards. Any other unbiased person would Choose Ovi over Richards if cap wasn't involved.

The fact she said the caps would win the cup with Richards says all you need to know.

You have come up with a lot of crap but this last comment is just insulting. I guess that's what happens when you can't justify your opinion.

KingKopitar11*

You have come up with a lot of crap but this last comment is just insulting. I guess that's what happens when you can't justify your opinion.

I'm sorry you feel that way, it's just something I noticed on here.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'm sorry you feel that way, it's just something I noticed on here.

It's ok, anyone that ends an argument with a personal shot proves that they really don't have an intelligent argument so they aim for below the belt. Usually, when it comes to women who also happen to be sports fans, the insult is something the lines of "having a crush" on the male player. It's childish, but the source has to be considered.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
This team still needs to improve, but its not time to start jettisoning guys left and right, especially Richards. If anything, we'll get better over time and it could be from a callup the way those guys are playing down in Manchester. I really wouldn't want to get rid of anybody because this is still pretty close to the team that won the cup...

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
I said I'd trade Kopitar if he didn't get his **** together this season.

So far this season you have advocated trading away both players that constitute one of the best 1-2 punches at center IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

Please think before you type.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal

I agree 100% Mike Richards is a key part of the 2013-2014 LAK and with him in the lineup and healthy, are chances to have a good run for the Cup are at their best.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Why would I want a guy to have to learn a style that Richards already knows. If sutter could teach this style to anyone than why is toffoli in the minors. Carter is not Ovechkin. Carter was willing to change around his whole game. And after all that Jeff is still not on Mike's level when it comes to 2 way play.

Carter played centre in Philly a bunch and has always been a beastly 2 way player. When he came to LA he was actually changed into being more of a 1 dimensional offence player on the wing because the Kings needed his scoring not his 2 way play

The Richards/Carter discussion is interesting. At their peaks, you would be foolish to not pick Richards, but as it stands now, if we could only keep 1, it would have to be Carter I feel

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know there's a lot of subjectivity going on in this thread, but to be surprised that Kings fans are attached to Kings players on a Kings board is asinine, and to berate them like they're somehow lesser people because of it is just looney.

But what can we really expect from people who have been advocating gutting this team since the preseason.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood

He was needed against Phoenix the other night when Quick gave up 4 straight goals and Kings took a penalty...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad