New Line Combos (10/22) lots of changes

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I call bs.

Nothing against you dee, but I just don't see those lines in a real game, at least not for the entire duration of the game.

Personally, win or lose, I'd like to see Sutter keep the same lineup for awhile. I'm getting really tired of his line changes.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I call bs.

Nothing against you dee, but I just don't see those lines in a real game, at least not for the entire duration of the game.

Personally, win or lose, I'd like to see Sutter keep the same lineup for awhile. I'm getting really tired of his line changes.

No problem, there not my lines, and I'm not crazy about them either.

Sutter keeps shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

And he might not even use them. I just post the tweets from practice, that's all.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Did Dustin Brown piss someone off, put with Stoll and Lewis?

Feel bad for whoever has Brown on their fantasy teams.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
Did Dustin Brown piss someone off, put with Stoll and Lewis?

Feel bad for whoever has Brown on their fantasy teams.

Lol that is funny

But I think Sutter sees brown ineffective on the 1st line when he isn't physical or can't keep up with Willie and Kopi.

He has done this in the past and I wouldn't be surprised to see brown start hitting people again.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So they split up Carter and Richards, finally put Carter at center and instead of moving Richards to the 3rd line to balance the scoring, they put him on LW?

I just don't get it, Sutter has the right idea, I like trying to balance the lines, but DS has to realize he isn't going to get anything from Stoll and Lewis, there is just ZERO skill there, and he is wasting a 30 goal talent in Brown with the stonehands duo.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
King - Carter - Toffoli
Clifford - Richards - Frattin
Nolan - Stoll - Lewis

There is your answer if you want balanced scoring throughout the lineup and a decent energy style 4th line.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
So they split up Carter and Richards, finally put Carter at center and instead of moving Richards to the 3rd line to balance the scoring, they put him on LW?

I just don't get it, Sutter has the right idea, I like trying to balance the lines, but DS has to realize he isn't going to get anything from Stoll and Lewis, there is just ZERO skill there, and he is wasting a 30 goal talent in Brown with the stonehands duo.

King - Carter - Toffoli
Nolan - Stoll - Lewis

There is your answer if you want balanced scoring throughout the lineup and a decent energy style 4th line.

There has to be better options at 2LW than King. And Nolan plays RW, not LW.

Pearson-Kopi-Williams
Brown-Carter-Toffoli
Clifford/King/Carcillo/Deslaurier-Richards-Frattin
LW-Stoll/Lewis-Nolan/Lewis

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember the last time we tried Kopitar with Richards on his wing, and it was awful since they both went to the same places on the ice.

How do you take Richards away from 2c and NOT put him at 3c. Its like the most obvious move in existence

I hope Carter is ready to have all 5 guys of the other team defending him since Frattin and King are 0 threats to the other team

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Lol that is funny

But I think Sutter sees brown ineffective on the 1st line when he isn't physical or can't keep up with Willie and Kopi.

He has done this in the past and I wouldn't be surprised to see brown start hitting people again.

Is Brown still injured? His game is more rugged and he gets opportunities while creating chaos. But an injured Brown is good for no one except the other team.

BTW, Checking out the Coyotes boards, they are drooling for this match so should be fun.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
With the existing team as it is running the DS system, you can pick lines out of a hat and it will make no difference. **Also why in the hell did he take Martinez out of the line up! Our defenseman are to slow and teams are capitalizing(forecheck pressure) on it.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember the last time we tried Kopitar with Richards on his wing, and it was awful since they both went to the same places on the ice.

How do you take Richards away from 2c and NOT put him at 3c. Its like the most obvious move in existence

I hope Carter is ready to have all 5 guys of the other team defending him since Frattin and King are 0 threats to the other team

Richards on the 3rd line? I don't see that..... I thought the played well when Car Bomb was on the line with him and Carter.
King has been playing better than last year and am undecided on Frattin still. One good game does not a player make....if you know what I mean.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Lol that is funny

If he's looking to spark Brown, why doesn't he just start a trade rumor?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by Herby

King - Carter - Toffoli
Nolan - Stoll - Lewis

I don't think he's trying to balance the lines at all. I think this is a very temporary move to get Kopi and Richie scoring. JW (as way reported last year) touches the puck more than any other King. MR has been making great passes so far this seaso. SO maybe Sutter is just trying to get them scoring.
For the Olympics, special circumstance, MR plays wing, other than that, it would have to be extremely short term, he's just not comfortable there.
And they won't have balanced scoring until they upgrade at wing. With what they have now, that's not possible.
As much as the fanbase wanted Pearson and/or TT up here (I know I did) Sutter and DL are content to have them in Manchester.
So unless they come up or the Kings move an existing piece(s) to clear salary and make a trade (like Fleischman from Fla who is one of the players reportedly that the Panthers are shopping and for what he brings, his cap is okay) this is what you have.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Maybe we got it all wrong Sutter isn't actual in love with King he hates him so he wants to make us hate him to by over-utilizing him... lol If he was on the 4th and sometimes 3rd line no one would hate him.

And seriously if Sutter hates Martinez just trade him because its wasting cap space to have Martinez and Ellerby on the bench. I'd be happier with trading Regehr but I doubt that will happen.

Carter - Richards - Toffoli
Carcillo/Pearson - Stoll - Frattin
King/Carcillo - Lewis - Nolan/Fraser

Doughty - Martinez/Muzzin
Voynov - Mitchell
Muzzin/Martinez - Greene
Ellerby

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I actually think Richards has been the Kings' best center thus far. Goes to show you how damn weak this team is on the left side that they're moving one of their best centers to LW in order to strengthen it.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I actually think Richards has been the Kings' best center thus far. Goes to show you how damn weak this team is on the left side that they're moving one of their best centers to LW in order to strengthen it.

Maybe we should bring back Frolov :nod:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust

He has been the best and most consistant and it bothers me that the team is that weak on wing and the left side and DL can't see how it's a negative impact. And switching the 3rd liners and 4th in Kings case , up every other game is dragging down that line. JC and MR have been consistant almost every shift and that black hole on the left is an eyesore.
I really hope DL has a plan B...move pieces around to either try Pearson there or trade for one but they can't continue as it is, and he can't be that blind, can he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad