Rumor: New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
Calm down, no one is angry.

Creamer wrote in his article "So needless to say this is a big deal, a once in a generation change." I don't know how that cannot be interpreted as it is a major change.

http://news.****************/2017/01/09/new-uniforms-on-the-way-for-the-new-jersey-devils/

Whether you agree or not, in his world, sports logos/uniforms, this is definitely a big deal. It is the first (major/significant/noticeable to the general observer/whatever word you want to use) design change the Devils have made in 25 years (a generation).

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
turns out...the jerseys are...dun dun dunnnnnnn....slightly different!!

*earth stops spinning*

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Preds fan on Twitter after showing their new jersey to their kids:

Daria: "It looks TERRIBLE."
Gavin: "It's like they dropped a bomb on it and blew off all the detail."

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
the Nashville ones have some interesting details in fairness, I dont hate them, but I also dont really care that much

Also, the "Show" is tonight and is being streamed by Adidas, but I cant find any info on where or when it starts. The event is supposedly starting at 8 EST.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Whether you agree or not, in his world, sports logos/uniforms, this is definitely a big deal. It is the first (major/significant/noticeable to the general observer/whatever word you want to use) design change the Devils have made in 25 years (a generation).

Yes, that's because it is relative to us. This is not Buffalo going to and later from Buffaslug. Instead he got the fans whipped into a frenzy with ideas that the logo and other elements like colors are changing, which they are not. He was trolling for click's then and he was a couple weeks ago when he did the whole "I am sworn to secrecy" nonsense post about the Devils.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It is a big deal because you make it one. In the grand scheme of things a missing stripe doesn't mean much.

But to the people that have nothing better to worry about it does. Same with the logo on the helmets vs the name, the color of the number on the helmet, etc. All of these minimalistic changes are just yet another thing for these types of people to complain about. They could find something to complain about in any scenario.

With regard to Nashville, they took off the things they should've (vertical piping, weird color shapes on collarbones and shoulder blades) but didn't do anything else so it looks plain. I don't mind it. I also don't think taking away the stripes on the waist will make much of a difference for us either. I do however think the solid black from the shoulders and around the neck looks pretty sweet.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
There's a bit too much empty space on the Nashville jerseys for my liking and it makes me think adverts are sooner than later, but I want to see full uniforms on ice to really make a decision about what I think. I do like some of the up close detail of the Preds.

The St. Louis jerseys dont look much different from their last ones, but I also didnt pay attention to the detail. They'd have been smart to go to their Winter Classic look which was slick.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
This is the silliest thread on here. Each group is trying to tell the other how they are supposed to feel about something that is 100% opinion. What's the point?

Camp A: Slight changes, logo won't be altered so who cares
Camp B: Tradition or don't like the new designs

It is irritating constantly seeing Camp A basically call Camp B crybabies for no reason.

My always strong opinion: The Nashville jerseys look like an oversized T shirts you wear to bed for **** sake. Mainboard seems to feel this way as well, generally speaking.

Looking forward to part II of debating a personal preference.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
This is the silliest thread on here. Each group is trying to tell the other how they are supposed to feel about something that is 100% opinion. What's the point?

It is irritating constantly seeing Camp A basically call Camp B crybabies for no reason.

My always strong opinion: The Nashville jerseys look like an oversized T shirts you wear to bed for **** sake. Mainboard seems to feel this way as well, generally speaking.

Excellent points.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Too bad about Nashville if that is indeed true about their jerseys. Looks way too dull without anything around the shoulders/upper part of the jersey.

The ones they currently have are among the sharper ones in the league.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
It is a big deal because you make it one. In the grand scheme of things a missing stripe doesn't mean much.

Missing stripe leaves the bottom of the jersey entirely way too empty it's noticeably bad looking and it's made noticeably worse since it makes the logo look ridiculously small and out of place.

But to the people that have nothing better to worry about it does. Same with the logo on the helmets vs the name, the color of the number on the helmet, etc. All of these minimalistic changes are just yet another thing for these types of people to complain about. They could find something to complain about in any scenario.

With regard to Nashville, they took off the things they should've (vertical piping, weird color shapes on collarbones and shoulder blades) but didn't do anything else so it looks plain. I don't mind it. I also don't think taking away the stripes on the waist will make much of a difference for us either. I do however think the solid black from the shoulders and around the neck looks pretty sweet.

i think the only changes we are going to have is the absence of the waist stripe. That's it.

Yea, lets just accept every thing this team does and never share an opinion on it because it may upset the go with the flow sycophants. No one can have an informed opinion as to why the removal of the stripe and leaving it empty is a bad move.

Oh camp a really is annoying with that. They do so all while ignoring reasons why people have an issue with the design.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

But enough about Nico and Nolan, that's for another thread :sarcasm:

Seriously though, this seems like a giant nothingburger after all the hype for months :laugh: Even if we're talking a minor change away from the crest just go back a few months, like everyone here would have signed for THAT considering what we all feared could happen.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

i'm in camp c. i watch hockey because i enjoy the sport. if i wanted to watch a fashion show, i'd...watch a fashion show.

edit- wait, nevermind. i didn't take into account what the main board posters are saying. i'm now in camp d: this is the most important thing in recorded human history. move over, global warming

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

Couldn't that be said for just about every argument around here though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad