Rumor: New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Thought this topic deserved it's own thread as it's going to be a topic of discussion for the rest of the season and this summer.

Here is what we know so far.

Pete Blackburn ‏@PeteBlackburn 13h13 hours ago
By the way, I’ve been told that the New Jersey Devils are getting a full jersey makeover from adidas next season

That came as a big surprise, considering the Devils seem to love their primaries more than any other team in hockey (they’re pretty sweet)

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 6h6 hours ago
On NJ Devils' @adidashockey 2017-18 sweater changes: Source says "some change but core jersey is the same." Would seem to mean logo is safe.

Also Sportslogos . net chimed in confirming the reports of change and said they've been told the colors would stay red black and white.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adidas...8-152149551.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw Adidas takes over uniform duties for all 31 teams next season. They don't expect to make any big changes to most teams, outside of getting rid of all 3rd jerseys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
Thought this topic deserved it's own thread as it's going to be a topic of discussion for the rest of the season and this summer.

Here is what we know so far.

By the way, I’ve been told that the New Jersey Devils are getting a full jersey makeover from adidas next season

That came as a big surprise, considering the Devils seem to love their primaries more than any other team in hockey (they’re pretty sweet)

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 6h6 hours ago
On NJ Devils' @adidashockey 2017-18 sweater changes: Source says "some change but core jersey is the same." Would seem to mean logo is safe.

Also Sportslogos . net chimed in confirming the reports of change and said they've been told the colors would stay red black and white.

Bring back the green. It's what gave your team identity.

Red white black? Not so much.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is going to be much ado about nothing. The stripes most likely get moved or reshaped a bit, maybe a shoulder logo at worst.

Front and back don't change at all.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
This is going to be much ado about nothing. The stripes most likely get moved or reshaped a bit, maybe a shoulder logo at worst.

Front and back don't change at all.

I'd put money on us having the Adidas stripes down the side WCOH style.

In fact us having a "classic" look might want Adidas to use their basic template like team USA used. Could end up looking something like this

UoJhkk9.png

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
hope they just leave them alone or keep revisions to a bare minimum

even fans of other teams agree on the main board they look good as is

don't want the green back...

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Bring back the green. It's what gave your team identity.

Red white black? Not so much.

The Devils were largely a mediocre or bad team with the red and green. (Of course, with the current team being the way it is, maybe they should go back to the red and green.) They've largely been a very good team with the red and black, and quite frankly the current (and long-time) jerseys are the best jerseys the franchise, including its time as the Scouts and Rockies, have ever had IMO.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/adidas...8-152149551.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

So this is the real source for all of this. Adidas takes over next year and are bringing in new things for all 31 teams.

The biggest change is the complete elimination of third jerseys. They don't plan to do big changes next year, and it is implied that the Leaf's current uniforms was part of the relaunch and one of the bigger redesigns.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
If there's no green added, this is pointless. Maybe add laces to the collar, otherwise the current template is perfect.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that this is going to be a disaster? It will be some awful modern generic template jersey like Pittsburgh and Colorado after the reebok switch. Very disappointing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that this is going to be a disaster? It will be some awful modern generic template jersey like Pittsburgh and Colorado after the reebok switch. Very disappointing.

It will be much ado about nothing. The Logos, font, and colors will stay the same, as well as the general look most likely.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
It will be much ado about nothing. The Logos, font, and colors will stay the same, as well as the general look most likely.

That doesn't sound like a "complete uniform overhaul" to me. My guess is the base of the jersey means that the colors and logo will remain the same. Anything else is subject to change.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That doesn't sound like a "complete uniform overhaul" to me. My guess is the base of the jersey means that the colors and logo will remain the same. Anything else is subject to change.

Or the one guy who said complete overhaul is wrong, and it will be minor changes just as Adidas said they are doing for all the other teams.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
My guess would be the Adidas stripes down the side like the WC jerseys, and maybe they do away with the current stripes at the bottom of the jersey.

Kind of like these as a general template, but with Devils colors/logos.

usa1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad