New jersey released

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
And ditched that ugly Rockies knockoff logo...

The last time I asked AJ about this in private he'd told me that he was told the impending "new" 3rd jersey would be very similar to the one they had just before the switch to Adidas. Likely the exact same with the only possible changes being very minor (including the switch from "Reebok" branding to "Adidas").

He told me that he was told the Avs "have invested a lot into the new "C" logo, as well as the alternate jersey logo, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon".

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There's nothing wrong with that logo. I LOVE that they're embracing the state flag "C" as well just the overall look that came along w/ the previous alternate jersey primary logo.

Me too, the rebranding they've done the last few years has been spot-on, and much better than previous attempts. Let's face it, the blueberries were awful.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Um, no.

They may as well start over then.

What's wrong with the logo? It's not a knockoff, it's paying homage to the Rockies.

It's a knockoff logo, of a franchise that still exists in the NHL...

I personally don't like the design and I am over this COLORADO statism that is everywhere now.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
The last time I asked AJ about this in private he'd told me that he was told the impending "new" 3rd jersey would be very similar to the one they had just before the switch to Adidas. Likely the exact same with the only possible changes being very minor (including the switch from "Reebok" branding to "Adidas").

He told me that he was told the Avs "have invested a lot into the new "C" logo, as well as the alternate jersey logo, and it's not going anywhere anytime soon".

Well that's too bad.

Reactions: Arcade Fire

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's a knockoff logo, of a franchise that still exists in the NHL...

I personally don't like the design and I am over this COLORADO statism that is everywhere now.

So what if the franchise still exists? The Devils have to fold entirely before the Avs can even think about delving into the history of hockey in their own state!?

You have every right to agree or disagree on whether or not the jersey works but if they want to pay homage to the "Rockie Hockey" they should be more than free to do so. I understand the "trendiness" of the state flag seemingly everywhere these days bothering some folks but I think from a business perspective it was a smart move. And hey, it's a good state flag, there are quite a few that are just plain garbage.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Idk how I feel about the Avs being all in for the new Rockies esque logo. I mean I really love our 3rds, but I love the A and our current jerseys just as much if not more.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
So what if the franchise still exists? The Devils have to fold entirely before the Avs can even think about delving into the history of hockey in their own state!?

You have every right to agree or disagree on whether or not the jersey works but if they want to pay homage to the "Rockie Hockey" they should be more than free to do so. I understand the "trendiness" of the state flag seemingly everywhere these days bothering some folks but I think from a business perspective it was a smart move. And hey, it's a good state flag, there are quite a few that are just plain garbage.

No, they don't have to fold. I just think its odd to pay homage to a franchise that left town and is in NJ now... It wasn't like that team was successful or had anything to do with this current team.

Yeah the flag itself is a good FLAG design, its not a good hockey sweater logo. (or shoulder patch)

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Idk how I feel about the Avs being all in for the new Rockies esque logo. I mean I really love our 3rds, but I love the A and our current jerseys just as much if not more.

Are they really "all in?" The original A logo is still the team's primary logo. I like the fact that it isn't just a lazy swapping of primary and secondary logos either.

If the Avs do what so many teams have done (and Pittsburgh does, like, every f***ing year) and adopt the thirds as their regular uniform, then I'll cry foul, but I don't see that happening.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Are they really "all in?" The original A logo is still the team's primary logo. I like the fact that it isn't just a lazy swapping of primary and secondary logos either.

If the Avs do what so many teams have done (and Pittsburgh does, like, every ****ing year) and adopt the thirds as their regular uniform, then I'll cry foul, but I don't see that happening.

If it ends up being our current set + our old 3rd in Adidas form with future 3rd jerseys using that logo, I'll be very pleased.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
No, they don't have to fold. I just think its odd to pay homage to a franchise that left town and is in NJ now... It wasn't like that team was successful or had anything to do with this current team.

Yeah the flag itself is a good FLAG design, its not a good hockey sweater logo. (or shoulder patch)

Agree to disagree I guess. The Yeti footprint was cool for the 90s but its time had come and gone. I'm still getting used to the new number font but it's growing on me. It works for me, not obnoxious or overly detailed, and not a ploy to win over taxpayers like the Flames with their use of the Alberta flag.

I still don't see a problem with the thirds using a design that people like and that works, it's not necessarily an homage to the team itself--we all know they stunk--but they were a part of hockey history nonetheless. The current Ottawa Senators have absolutely nothing to do with the franchise that won Stanley Cups waaaaay back in the day, but they wear a third jersey that pays homage to it that the fans love.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So barring a complete surprise we're getting an adizero version of the previous jersey. I have no complaints.

He hasn't seen it, that's just what he was told and then in turn relayed to me when I asked.

And just to answer ahead of time--he did ask when they'd unveil it, but didn't get any answer on that (and this conversation was one we'd had before the draft).

Reactions: MvpKinnon

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Agree to disagree I guess. The Yeti footprint was cool for the 90s but its time had come and gone. I'm still getting used to the new number font but it's growing on me. It works for me, not obnoxious or overly detailed, and not a ploy to win over taxpayers like the Flames with their use of the Alberta flag.

I still don't see a problem with the thirds using a design that people like and that works, it's not necessarily an homage to the team itself--we all know they stunk--but they were a part of hockey history nonetheless. The current Ottawa Senators have absolutely nothing to do with the franchise that won Stanley Cups waaaaay back in the day, but they wear a third jersey that pays homage to it that the fans love.

Yeah I was never really a fan of the yeti foot. Even in the 90's. Always seemed cheesy to me.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah I was never really a fan of the yeti foot. Even in the 90's. Always seemed cheesy to me.

I had a buddy who LOVED it, the minute they came out with a ball cap that had it prominently featured, he got it. I think it would've been hilarious if they had busted out a third with that as the primary. :laugh:

I was actually sad to see it go and said so but I'm perfectly fine with the update now. Hell, I'm even glad they waited on the uniform change until 2017 so we only have to associate those armpit-striped monstrosities with the Season of Fail.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs official Instagram throwing up throwback photos of the old burgundy thirds. Foreshadowing??

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Avs official Instagram throwing up throwback photos of the old burgundy thirds. Foreshadowing??
They do like to do the #TBT thing a lot, so maybe nothing but the day of the week. On Facebook they did Jost today, which is hilarious because he's only aged a couple years since his draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad