New jersey released

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So glad the Avs don't have a stupid "low numbers only" policy. Don't know why Lamoriello insists on stuff like that.

Lamoriello is a classic example of a guy who is capable of having both brilliant ideas, and really dumb ideas at the same time. He's way too principled and places too much emphasis on matters that have very little, if anything to do with winning hockey games.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder if JTC can convince Alt to give him #7. I just tried to look it up and I think it's easier to list the numbers that Alt *hasn't* worn as a hockey player.
I don't think he has to do any convincing. If JTC shows up to camp and requests #7, they aren't going to tell him "sorry, Mark Alt is wearing #7." Guys like Alt don't get preference for jerseys.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
#7 was also available at the start of 17/18, and Compher didn't switch.

Seems like an unwritten rule most rookies just go with whatever number they're given (obviously the top pick guys like Duchene and Landeskog got their right away). Ryan O'Reilly was #37 for a while and then switched to 90 after, was it three seasons? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Always thought MacKinnon would go to 22, the number he wore in Halifax, but has stuck with 29 the whole time even after the number became available.

I think this offseason now that they finally fixed the jerseys I'm gonna get one. Debating whether I should get a Girard or Rantanen, leaning heavily toward Rants.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Seems like an unwritten rule most rookies just go with whatever number they're given (obviously the top pick guys like Duchene and Landeskog got their right away). Ryan O'Reilly was #37 for a while and then switched to 90 after, was it three seasons? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Always thought MacKinnon would go to 22, the number he wore in Halifax, but has stuck with 29 the whole time even after the number became available.

I think this offseason now that they finally fixed the jerseys I'm gonna get one. Debating whether I should get a Girard or Rantanen, leaning heavily toward Rants.
Compher had still played games in 16/17 though.

And I'd like to add, for whatever mockery my views on numbers may get, anyone who thinks it's normal for rookies to get high numbers their first year then 'earn' a real one later on is much worse than Lou and his aversion to facial hair

Reactions: 22FUTON9

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
#37 fits JTC like a glove. He's in that Drury/ROR mold anyway.

Makar can have #7 when he signs next March, after Alt is swapped for a prospect at the deadline. :nod:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't think he has to do any convincing. If JTC shows up to camp and requests #7, they aren't going to tell him "sorry, Mark Alt is wearing #7." Guys like Alt don't get preference for jerseys.
#37 fits JTC like a glove. He's in that Drury/ROR mold anyway.

Makar can have #7 when he signs next March, after Alt is swapped for a prospect at the deadline. :nod:

You guys are making me feel sorry for Alt :(

getty_markalt_2018-01-25.jpg

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I hope Girard keeps 49. It's unique and I'm used to it now.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Compher had still played games in 16/17 though.

And I'd like to add, for whatever mockery my views on numbers may get, anyone who thinks it's normal for rookies to get high numbers their first year then 'earn' a real one later on is much worse than Lou and his aversion to facial hair

Lou is Mr Burns, confirmed.

fark_a3QcMsDGyV9jGhBXjqvJM5bSsm4.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Other than Forsberg, I think Rantanen is the 2nd best looking player Avs have ever had.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I really don't care how handsome a hockey player is.
Neither do I, and I wasn't necessarily talking about handsomeness, pretty face or whatnot, just hockey good looks in general with jersey on and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->