Eklund Rumor: New Jersey interested in Gaudreau

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We literally just traded Hall (in the last year of his contract) and Blake Speers for

1st round pick
3rd round pick
former 1st round pick Merkley
former 2nd round pick Bahl
former 3rd round pick Schnarr

That's a pretty solid return. Bahl has legit top 4 potential and Merkley and Schnarr could both still develop into players.

The fact is, we could trade Gaudreau for a similar package as we did for Hall in the case where Gaudreau is uninterested in re-signing (I think odds are favorable he'd want to stick around though).

Do you not see the difference between a pending UFA/deadline deal vs. a trade in the summer? Because there is a big difference.

Also, 2 potential top 10 picks AND Gusev is a MUCH better return than what we got for Hall.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Its not on Hall, he is a great talent-but something drags those teams down, he is the common factor.

You could just as easily say the common denominator is being traded to dysfunctional teams. It's not like he's dragged contenders to their knees.

I don't think I need to say much about the Oilers that hasn't already been said. Devils weren't exactly good before the trade and that's before their goalie turned into a pumpkin and he still managed to drag them to the playoffs. Arizona hasn't made the playoffs in almost a decade and we're blaming Hall because they fell off their hot start?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Do you not see the difference between a pending UFA/deadline deal vs. a trade in the summer? Because there is a big difference.

Also, 2 potential top 10 picks AND Gusev is a MUCH better return than what we got for Hall.

It's the difference of a first round pick, give or take. Well worth it to get a chance at making Gaudreau a career devil. He'd turn Hischier into a point per game center overnight.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
It's the difference of a first round pick, give or take. Well worth it to get a chance at making Gaudreau a career devil. He'd turn Hischier into a point per game center overnight.

We will have that chance in two years anyway.

There's really just no reason to make a move like this right now. Give it twelve months

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad