GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Washington Capitals - 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
As someone who subscribers to Fubo for MSG, who doesn't have TNT or TBS, I'm thrilled to see the games will be on Max now.

It's getting challenging balancing too many streaming services. :laugh: But I usually just pause Fubo in the summer when the season ends.
It's getting stupid, I have a few ways to watch legally that cover most games but typically have to start the game like a pirate while I take the next 10 minutes to figure out which service and whether I need to turn on my VPN.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
As someone who subscribers to Fubo for MSG, who doesn't have TNT or TBS, I'm thrilled to see the games will be on Max now.

It's getting challenging balancing too many streaming services. :laugh: But I usually just pause Fubo in the summer when the season ends.
I've heard people tried fubo but then the games were blacked out?

What is Max?

It's getting stupid, I have a few ways to watch legally that cover most games but typically have to start the game like a pirate while I take the next 10 minutes to figure out which service and whether I need to turn on my VPN.
I've gone pure pirate. I don't want to, it's laggy and lame with no DVR, and last night I couldn't even find it.

And I'm still paying comcast for cable so I don't really feel like I'm stealing.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I've heard people tried fubo but then the games were blacked out?

What is Max?

I've gone pure pirate. I don't want to, it's laggy and lame with no DVR, and last night I couldn't even find it.

And I'm still paying comcast for cable so I don't really feel like I'm stealing.

With Fubo, I have never been blacked out and live locally. You do have to pay extra for regional sports coverage, but you get all the MSG channels, SNY and even Philly channels if you care to watch different things. NHL Network is included as well. Isn't necessarily cheap, but live sports are all I watch TV for.

Max is what was once HBO Max. This year, they're starting to show TBS and TNT games live. I was already subscribed to it, so finding the TNT games was a pleasant surprise.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah, I'm not necessarily a fan of how we're deploying the PP units right now, but you can't argue with the current success rate.

Keep trotting them out until a change is actually needed.

Reactions: Guttersniped

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
ezgif-com-add-text.gif

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Obviously it's working and obviously Dougie is a pro who knows how this works. But has he ever in his career not been the guy? If so I wonder how it affects him now that he has seemingly been passed by on the PP side of things.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Obviously it's working and obviously Dougie is a pro who knows how this works. But has he ever in his career not been the guy? If so I wonder how it affects him now that he has seemingly been passed by on the PP side of things.

I mean he's got pts in every game, has 12 shots in his last 2 games and at 5v5 has a 60% CF and 59% xGF. I'd say he's doing just fine.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
He has 6 points in 5 games…so it doesn’t look like it has impacted him too much.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I think it’s easier to take when he still has a talented PP unit to work with.

If he was on PP2 and the other 4 guys were poor PP players then it may get frustrating.

Also, not worrying about a contract next year makes it easier to put your personal stats aside for the teams good.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Lol I know, kinda meant on a mental level. Everything is working when it comes to this, it's just interesting to think about how he sees it.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I have to imagine they all understand they're aiming to have 2 units that can be deadly at the same time. The same has to apply for Timo too, I'm sure. He's had double digit PP goals the past two seasons.

It's nice to feel like we can actually use both units and expect something out of them. The last several years that hasn't been the case. Which I'm sure is the case for most teams.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Lol I know, kinda meant on a mental level. Everything is working when it comes to this, it's just interesting to think about how he sees it.

If we were at like 15% or something he'd probably be pretty pissed but I imagine he's not complaining when they're scoring at will

Reactions: TrufleShufle

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
What’s the rationale for changing the powerplays that are effectively 7 of their last 9, or running at ~78%?
What has Luke done to deserve pp1 and what has he done with that ice time besides just pass back and forth to his brother? Dougie has a point in every game. He is an elite offensive defenseman in his prime who lost his spot on the top powerplay to a rookie because that rookie happens to be the younger brother of the best player on this team. This team will be better off in the long run having both hughes bros run their own powerplay.

The way the devils are treating Luke compared to how they treated Larsson couldn’t be more opposite. Imagine if this team gave Adam Larsson the opportunities they are giving Luke Hughes when he was a rookie. Maybe he could have turned out more like hedman than just a defensive defenseman

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What has Luke done to deserve pp1 and what has he done with that ice time besides just pass back and forth to his brother? Dougie has a point in every game. He is an elite offensive defenseman in his prime who lost his spot on the top powerplay to a rookie because that rookie happens to be the younger brother of the best player on this team. This team will be better off in the long run having both hughes bros run their own powerplay.

The way the devils are treating Luke compared to how they treated Larsson couldn’t be more opposite. Imagine if this team gave Adam Larsson the opportunities they are giving Luke Hughes when he was a rookie. Maybe he could have turned out more like hedman than just a defensive defenseman

This is dumb. The PP is operating at historic levels so far. Do not touch it until it starts to fall off. How do we know the PP would still be performing as well with Dougie on that unit bombing shots rather than the constant movement the unit has shown with Luke?

Also Larsson couldn't skate.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Hockey is getting as bad as baseball. Looks like it’s also on MAX…

tnt/max is not even remotely as bad as having games exclusively on espn+

majority of the people have tnt with their basic cable. for those that don't at least it will be shown on max which i think a good amount of people do or at least know someone that does and can piggyback their passwords until they do a netflix style crackdown.

espn+/hulu i dont think thats as popular of an option.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

PP1 has a focus on moving the puck and moving their feet. Luke can keep up and compliment that focus. Those are not where Hamilton’s strengths are which is why Luke is on PP1 and Hamilton is on PP2.

It’s not about who is better or worse, Hamilton is a better PP player right now, it’s about how to get the best 2 minutes of powerplay pressure for the team. Right now having Luke on PP1 is helping accomplish that.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
for those that stream these games is the video quality better then watching it on crappy cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad