GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
Hey just a heads up idk if any of you guys watch Sportscentre by Elias's goal was top play number 1! Respect!

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
what is so frustrating about this team is that we gain points against the top teams hawks,islanders and tampa but we throw up duds against Winnipeg,calgalry,ottawa etc.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Love seeing KK's confidence and ability to handle the puck

I was pretty happy to see that we signed Ryder when we did, had always liked him, but I'm not sure we've seen a more useless player play here in a while that also has some of the ability that he does

Wasted talent

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Love seeing KK's confidence and ability to handle the puck

I was pretty happy to see that we signed Ryder when we did, had always liked him, but I'm not sure we've seen a more useless player play here in a while that also has some of the ability that he does

Wasted talent
All things considered, the door should be shown to Ryder. He is absolutely useless at the moment. When we signed him I thought he could score atleast twenty goals and help our offense a bit but nooooo. His play is just effortless and lazy. Sad thing is he probably doesn't even hold that much trade value on the market.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Ryder is a complete negative. I don't want to dump on the guy but the only thing he's remotely good for is scoring goals and he just doesn't do that anymore. Seems like a good guy, but he's useless to this team.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Ryder is a complete negative. I don't want to dump on the guy but the only thing he's remotely good for is scoring goals and he just doesn't do that anymore. Seems like a good guy, but he's useless to this team.

I think he's worth something to a team though who needs offense and will consider him able to handle third line minutes with a decent center. He's sucked for sure, but also hasn't played with any puck carriers or playmakers for most of his time in NJ.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I think he's worth something to a team though who needs offense and will consider him able to handle third line minutes with a decent center. He's sucked for sure, but also hasn't played with any puck carriers or playmakers for most of his time in NJ.

Yeah, I don't disagree. He's been bad for us, but this clearly hasn't been an optimal situation for him either. It's just not working out.

I'm just at the point that if there are any takers out there, I think he should be moved for his sake and the team's as well.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
what is so frustrating about this team is that we gain points against the top teams hawks,islanders and tampa but we throw up duds against Winnipeg,calgalry,ottawa etc.

Quoted for truth. If the Devils played with the same intensity against Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, and that ilk with the same drive that they have against the Hawks, Islanders, and Tampa, the team would likely have more points and be in a better spot in the standings. With the Devils, it's like there isn't a consistent effort level night in and night out when a team with this relatively low level of talent absolutely has to show up ready to fight for every point every game. For some reason, though, this team only feels the need to show up and try against the elite teams of the league. Ugh.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
Quoted for truth. If the Devils played with the same intensity against Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, and that ilk with the same drive that they have against the Hawks, Islanders, and Tampa, the team would likely have more points and be in a better spot in the standings. With the Devils, it's like there isn't a consistent effort level night in and night out when a team with this relatively low level of talent absolutely has to show up ready to fight for every point every game. For some reason, though, this team only feels the need to show up and try against the elite teams of the league. Ugh.

Also teams takes us lightly probably and plays their back up too. It's not about consistent efforts night in and night out. I'm so sick of this notion they can play shutdown hockey every game. It's exhausting, and certain nights you got it and certain nights you don't. Luck has something to do with it too. They show up every game, it's an 82 game season - sometimes it just blows up in your face and the collective has a rough night. But these guys show up 99% of the time, just as much as any team in the league does.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
All things considered, the door should be shown to Ryder. He is absolutely useless at the moment. When we signed him I thought he could score atleast twenty goals and help our offense a bit but nooooo. His play is just effortless and lazy. Sad thing is he probably doesn't even hold that much trade value on the market.

I've been clamoring that since midway through last season.
He's a tired & old dog.

Trade him for a 7th rounder now before his value erodes to an unclaimed waiver wire transaction.

Trade Havlat now too, another shell on skates.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Also teams takes us lightly probably and plays their back up too. It's not about consistent efforts night in and night out. I'm so sick of this notion they can play shutdown hockey every game. It's exhausting, and certain nights you got it and certain nights you don't. Luck has something to do with it too. They show up every game, it's an 82 game season - sometimes it just blows up in your face and the collective has a rough night. But these guys show up 99% of the time, just as much as any team in the league does.

Since effort level really isn't quantifiable, we'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose. There are just nights to me where the Devils seem to be almost anemic, and other nights where they seem to have a higher compete level, but if you don't feel that way, that's probably better for you as a fan, so I'm not going to try to change your mind. It's all a subjective matter of perception anyway.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Elias responding to his own comments with his play

I was proud of Elias last night. He did great. I hope he can carry some of that momentum into the game against Washington. Maybe he just had a slow start to the season or was playing injured as some speculated, and he will start playing more like his former self. We can always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad