GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Philadelphia Flyers - 7:00 PM MSG

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
really though, its amazing we're into the 3rd season of this garbage and NOTHING has changed

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I thought the Walking Dead was on hiatus until February? This episode was the worst.

This game was like The Clash "Cut The Crap" levels of BAD.

This effort was horrible. They went down swinging though? Really? Nobody can say that tonight. They went down while ******** their pants.

That's pretty freaking bad lol.

Sherry said ""Unless this whole team has the mumps this is inexcusable". :laugh:

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Taking bets on tough building ? I'm going out on a limb and saying we don't get one tonight. Pete will make an adjustment surprisingly

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Season already lost in December. This is acceptable for this franchise now and it's just a terrible feeling. The flyers kicked their teeth in and sadly, it didn't even appear like they had to raise their level of play to do it. The devils are just a giant ****ing punching bag

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
after watching those highlights from tonight I noticed Merrill was watching the entire game, did not see one nice play from him all night. I am very disappointed in his play this season. Sophomore slump?

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
after watching those highlights from tonight I noticed Merrill was watching the entire game, did not see one nice play from him all night. I am very disappointed in his play this season. Sophomore slump?

He fell asleep on that one play I thought he has played ok past few. Maybe I'm missing something

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Loved him last year, this year it seems like Larsson and Severson are miles ahead of him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's pretty freaking bad lol.

Sherry said ""Unless this whole team has the mumps this is inexcusable". :laugh:

Wish these company idiots like Dano and Johnny Mac would call it out like she did.

This is actually Big Audio Dynamite levels of BAD.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Season already lost in December. This is acceptable for this franchise now and it's just a terrible feeling. The flyers kicked their teeth in and sadly, it didn't even appear like they had to raise their level of play to do it. The devils are just a giant ****ing punching bag

Because nobody is talking about out 37 games in hand at this rate we r finishing way out of the race

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
We are the Oilers of the east. No compete at all. I'm not saying the roster is any good, but any team that competes as little as this team does is gonna lose. I don't see anybody on this tea playing to their capabilities. Everybody is just going through the motions. This team may not be good, but I wish we could make opposing teams earn their wins.

This roster has 5 guys capable of putting up 50 points or so. It has like 3 or 4 other guys capable of putting up 40 points or so. I don't think we have a lack of talent. I know it's problematic having a young defense, and old forwards, but it doesn't change the fact that those old forwards and young defensemen are still good players.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
lol the whole league passed over him , all the scouts suck except for LA :sarcasm:

My point is Hoeffel.

I don't think conte's record is humorous.

It's pitiful and as a diehard fan that buys tickets i demand a better roster (and coaching staff).

Tonight was a prime example.
Philly cruised to an easy win.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Fans need to direct their anger at Conte and his staff.

Just look what they have left us with.

Crystal clear tonight with the void of talent.
I'm not denying drafting is an issue, but you constantly pointing out every player we "passed" on when multiple other teams also passed on them changes nothing. But I forget you're some scouting genius who can see the future.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
did pete just say "we didnt get enough pucks to the net and that bc of a lack of shots" NO **** pete

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pete thinks the effort was there tonight.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Loved him last year, this year it seems like Larsson and Severson are miles ahead of him.

Yeah that's the way I am thinking now too. I'm hoping it's just the injuries this year have shaken him up enough and he hasn't found his game yet this year, but he was horrible tonight

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Fans need to direct their anger at Conte and his staff.

Just look what they have left us with.

Crystal clear tonight with the void of talent.

Have you seen our defense? Maybe our offensive talent pool is weak because Lou won't acquire any assets for our older players and he traded our top 10 pick away for Cory. What exactly would you like Conte to do picking 29th overall every year with no surplus of picks? When was the last time we had multiple picks in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Give Mac and Dano a break guys.
Their first season in these roles plus they are former Devils that root for the team at heart.

Let them settle in a season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
did pete just say "we didnt get enough pucks to the net and that bc of a lack of shots" NO **** pete

Yes he did. He also thought we had plenty of offensive zone time too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad