GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Montreal Canadiens- 7:00pm EST SN, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Can you guys imagine how Subban felt when he heard Therrien saying that he wanted to make him a better person? I would've punched Therrien right in the nose.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Teams afraid to blow it in the 3rd often do play scared and give up those critical goals. This comes down to Price not being back there a lot but the rest is the simpleton coaching advice of Therrien. He has them constantly playing not to lose and as a result, they usually do. 3rd periods have been garbage for a while. Starting with that 2-0 lead wiped out by the Devils on November 28, the Habs have been outscored 20-10 in 3rd periods and counting. Just twice they've outscored a team in the 3rd in their last 15 games (vs CBJ and vs BOS). The rest they've been tied or outscored. That's where a lot of the close games we've had have been lost.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
9IOuzv4.gif

clip of the headbutt?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Can you guys imagine how Subban felt when he heard Therrien saying that he wanted to make him a better person? I would've punched Therrien right in the nose.

My response would have been "I'm an awesome person, I'll also make you look like a decent coach", all while punching my ticket out of town lirl

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Eller, who probably hates Therrien the most in the room, is our worst player when in the past 20 games the entire team is playing like theyre trying to get Therrien fired.

It cant be that hard to put two and two together.

Teams that try and get a coach fired make it obvious.

Go back and watch Carbonneau's final games... out in edmonton, calgary, vancouver road trip they were losing by 4 or 5 goals by the end of the first. The team completely rolled over.

This team hasn't rolled over.

There may be issues with coaching, it might be bad personnel usage, or bad system, or whatever that warrants Therrien being on the hotseat.

But claiming his team has quit? I don't see that. I don't see a team that has quit.

That doesn't let therrien off the hook for other complaints, it just says that the idea players are actively trying to get him fired is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad