GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Except should it really have been that hard to beat Chicago? Loved our win tonight but where are the games where we just steamroll the clubs we should beat? Are there any such clubs? Washington on Wednesday similar feeling. Loved the win, but if we have to dig that deep for every 2 points, I don’t know if the war of attrition won’t eventually wear us out.
Its hockey, not everything goes the way to the better team every night. Hawks beat Vegas and Toronto on the road. They were clearly the better team tonight and that’s all that matters

If attrittion wears them down, its from the plague of injuries all season, not from this game

Camille the Eel

Don't know why I had ESPN on but they are showing the highlights and the woman giving the rundown was calling the Bedard hit dirty and saying you can't do that to star players. Then they rolled out Blackhawk players saying it was a dirty hit.

Total joke.
And the Chicago coach is saying no, Bedard put his head down and practically ran into Smith.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Don't know why I had ESPN on but they are showing the highlights and the woman giving the rundown was calling the Bedard hit dirty and saying you can't do that to star players. Then they rolled out Blackhawk players saying it was a dirty hit.

Total joke.

I just had it on too, it's Linda Cohn. She's a Rags fan lmao

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

Total joke.
If that was a dirty hit then Trouba needs to hanged at the gulag. But shes probably ok with all of his hits…

I mean FFS, there isn’t even a thread about it on the main boards lmfao thats how non controversial that hit was

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oddly, Vitek played a great 3d period or we don’t get those 2 points tonight. I didn’t like either goal on him but that 3d period was the best and the most confident I’ve seen him all year.
I don’t really agree with this. He faced like 5 or 7 shots and I don’t think any were particularly dangerous. Maybe one when they had the goalie pulled?

The best I’ve seen him this year was the 1st period of the Boston game last weekend. And then the 2nd period happened and he did his usual implosion.

I see no reason to champion him over allowing 2 goals to a team that didn’t look at all threatening (probably because of how terrible their team is) all night. He shut them out for a period? That’s pretty much the equivalent of a shutout for him this year, since he only has a single game of even allowing just 1 goal against.

I still think his best game was the opener against Detroit.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Boris Katchouk sounds like a long lost Russian cousin of a Tkachuk.
IMG_9421.jpeg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oddly, Vitek played a great 3d period or we don’t get those 2 points tonight. I didn’t like either goal on him but that 3d period was the best and the most confident I’ve seen him all year.
I don't think he had a real tough save in the third tbh, it's just everything feels like a tough save on the grading curve because anything could go in at this point....his best 'save' was coming out early and preventing the breakaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad