GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
I kept my eyes on him when it happened at The Rock. He didn’t look in distress and sat on the bench for a while after it happened. Didn’t appear to be in too much pain whatsoever. Doesn’t seem like a long term thing but you never know. Probably doesn’t play tomorrow.
no… he didn’t? he sat on the bench, there was a whistle like 15 seconds later and he went down the tunnel lol.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Post game pressers were funny with Ruff, Holtz, and Nemec all having slightly different takes on the second period.

Ruff said a hockey game broke out.

Holtz said he’s saving his first fight for later in his career.

Nemec just seemed a little impressed by it all.

Loughlin also said the game should be televised in black and white, which I laughed at.

————

Devils did go out and own that third period so that is a good sign moving forward, even if it’s just Chicago on a back to back.

I thought wrist as well
At the game but I thought it looked like wrist or forearm as he skated off.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
The way Jack moved it looked like maybe a groin issue, if it is (or whatever he hurt), it wouldn't surprise if this is something he's been dealing with and aggravated it there.

Would explain his mysterious drop of play of late.
I think that is first vote for groin . We need this on a spreadsheet. I will guess the reoccurring oblique injury

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
He was definitely in significant pain. It’s hand/wrist, not groin. He was shaking the injured hand in pain and left immediately when he sat down on the bench. Zero hesitation to even try to play though it.

no… he didn’t? he sat on the bench, there was a whistle like 15 seconds later and he went down the tunnel lol.
Should’ve probably been more clear in regards to “a while”. I meant to say he didn’t go down the tunnel directly. From where I was seated he didn’t seem in too much pain/distress. Apologies for not being clearer.

Jack’s definitely been playing hurt either way. Has not been remotely close to the same player for an extended period now.
I’d tend to agree with this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lindy gushing over this old school trash fest, yuck. You wonder why this game can’t evolve past this shit.
To be fair, it WAS nice to see them actually stick up for the captain getting cheap-shotted this time. Especially when the refs finally decided to stop f***ing around with the game and called it fairly from the middle of the second on.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
LOL we've had every theory on Jack's injury from his shoulder to his groin to the most common one with his wrist. If it is a wrist injury then of course they have no f***ing idea how serious it is yet until he gets it checked out. Him not being able to come back is bad of course but hopefully it's a sprain and not a break.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
LOL we've had every theory on Jack's injury from his shoulder to his groin to the most common one with his wrist. If it is a wrist injury then of course they have no f***ing idea how serious it is yet until he gets it checked out. Him not being able to come back is bad of course but hopefully it's a sprain and not a break.
It's a broken heart obviously.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
not a doctor but it clearly looked like a wrist injury on the replay. his stick got awkwardly tangled up and pulled his wrist around in a really weird way. highly doubt it’s broken from a play like that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
As someone who hurt his wrist 3 weeks ago, I'm virtually an expert on the subject, and I can testify that wrists injuries are tricky.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is there any good news tonight? Can there ever be any good news?

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I hate that f*** Vitek but he made some big plays/saves in the third to help. Glad he shook off those 2 SHITTY ass goals and didn't sink them in the third especially with the PP to start off
Vitek's puckhandling decisions actually were shockingly good, especially when he came out pretty early in the third period seeing what could have been a breakaway behind Luke. Other than the one time he was pretty fortunate to not get whistled on a trapezoid penalty anyway...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Capitals’ goose seems fully cooked. 6 unanswered goals, 17 shots in the whole game.
How many more years is Ovechkin signed for after this? Just one?

I figure they’ll run it back one more time and maybe make some moves that won’t really do a whole lot.

After that I’d have to believe that MacLellan is fired and everyone cleared out and the long and painful rebuild truly starts.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Clips of the Bahl hit and Jack reverse hit would make a dandy.

Great poise to come out of this game on top.

Those arrogant Blackhawks got me all riled up in the game.

Also. Not too happy with the attrition but it is a good team game and team building.

Hope Palat and Meier back soon. We are gonna need them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How many more years is Ovechkin signed for after this? Just one?

I figure they’ll run it back one more time and maybe make some moves that won’t really do a whole lot.

After that I’d have to believe that MacLellan is fired and everyone cleared out and the long and painful rebuild truly starts.
Two years after this one, it runs through the end of 2026. Then whether he comes back depends on if he still has a chance for the Gretzky record (or if he's already broken it somehow).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah until this year I think I took him breaking the Gretzky record as a matter of when, not if (I mean, dude had 42 goals LAST YEAR)...but his start has been so bad this year, talk about falling off the face of the earth. I figured it'd be injury that got him if anything given his style but no, he's still playing every game, he's just cooked.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad