GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers: Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
imagine they stick with hall - hischier - palmieri they've scored 3 goals in the 4 periods they've been together (i hope at least)

then wood - zacha - bratt

no idea about the bottom 6, woof

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Kk appears to be the starter, according to one of our Twitter guys... which really is a no brainer after lack.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Quenneville has been doing well since the call up, Boyle hasn't really done much so his loss won't be as bad.
Still not good news going into a crucial week

He had some good looks in the first game but got hurt in the next game. It sucks cause he didn't get a to get settled in and going before he got hurt.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Quenneville has been doing well since the call up, Boyle hasn't really done much so his loss won't be as bad.
Still not good news going into a crucial week

He might not be showing up on the scoresheet as much, but his faceoff prowess is a significant loss.

Last 10 games:

Philly - 4-6 (1 under 50%)
Detroit - 7-2 (78%)
Boston - 6-9 (40%)
Nashville - 6-2 (75%)
Buffalo - 7-4 (63%)
Philly - 7-4 (63%)
Pitt - 6-3 (67%)
Ott - 13-4 (77%)
Calgary 7-8 (1 under 50%)
Columbus - 7-5 (58%)
Boston - 1-2 (33% before leaving late in the first)

He's usually good for over 50% which is always important and he usually takes important draws for us.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Mueller out, Moore in, Kinkaid gets the start.

LargeSpotlessAlpinegoat-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Aside from the turnovers at the beginning of the first period I thought Mueller looked pretty decent last night. Don’t mind him being out for a couple of games or so but I think he’d be fine with Vats in the longrun

I’d just go Greene-Severson
Mueller-Vatanen
Moore-Butcher/Butcher-Lovejoy

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
Kinkaid looks tiny in the net. I would've went back with Lack tonight. Also wouldn't mind trading for Aaron Dell.

I hope Shero does what he can (without sacrificing too much of the future) to get this team into the playoffs this year. I don't care if we get swept by Tampa or Washington round 1, I just want these guys (Hall, Hischier, Bratt, Palmieri, Wood) to get some playoff experience. Getting a taste of playoff hockey will motivate them next year - big time.

After the red hot start we had this year, missing the playoffs would be incredibly deflating for the players' mindsets.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Boyle has been a ghost for like a month. I think the team defense has just become too scrambly becuase everyone is trying to do too much. It's easy to say, but they just need to calm down and win those board battles. Koneckny also needs to be watched. He's taken his game to another level.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Kinkaid looks tiny in the net. I would've went back with Lack tonight. Also wouldn't mind trading for Aaron Dell.

I hope Shero does what he can (without sacrificing too much of the future) to get this team into the playoffs this year. I don't care if we get swept by Tampa or Washington round 1, I just want these guys (Hall, Hischier, Bratt, Palmieri, Wood) to get some playoff experience. Getting a taste of playoff hockey will motivate them next year - big time.

After the red hot start we had this year, missing the playoffs would be incredibly deflating for the players' mindsets.
Kk is 6'2", so he's not exactly short, lack is 6'4", cory is 6' 3"....

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
i saw nothing from lack on sunday night that made me go "yeah, he's totally a better option than kinkaid."

someone will proceed to rip my head off on here.

They're interchangeable, Kinkaid likely has the higher upside if he ever gets his shit back together. Neither are good options.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Kinkaid is due for a lucky start now. Just the ebb and flow of the game. I would’ve stuck with Lack but that’s like saying I’d rather be stabbed to death than cut up with a chainsaw. :laugh:

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Not sure why we went back to Kinkaid when his confidence is clearly shot to hell. Lack had an Ok game besides the 2 short hander goals (technically one).

Reactions: JK3

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah there were some weird bounces and plays and the second goal was an abortion but lack made the routine saves. i like feeling confident that a goalie can make routine saves and we don't have that tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad