GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders 2:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ruff said that Smith is specifically not playing because he has an “injury”, versus a Non-COVID illness or ennui or some other general occurrence that happen to a person in life at some point.

How much more specific does he have to be to please you people?

He said Smith isn’t skating which obviously means he has had a leg amputated. It’s the same situation Nico had last year until it grew back. I can’t think of an illness for Bratt that isn’t the pox. Maybe it’s actually kottbullaritis? I believe the cure for that is to smear fish paste over your uvula and spend an hour as the co-driver in a world rally car.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Recency Bias, they finished 6th in 19-20 and were gifted a playoff birth. They struggled to make 4th, last year with the Flyers/Ranger flaming out.

2020-21 New York Islanders Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

They struggle to score and they are aging remarkably fast.

I mean I’m not the biggest fan of the Isles, I think their issue has always been playing their tempo all the time, it’s built for strictly the playoffs so there’s regular season games where you can visibly tell they’re taking off for. And with us, if you think the Rangers got better, Flyers always being there and probably better if Hart and Jones can stop a beach ball. It’s quite easy to see where the Islanders could miss but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I mean I’m not the biggest fan of the Isles, I think their issue has always been playing their tempo all the time, it’s built for strictly the playoffs so there’s regular season games where you can visibly tell they’re taking off for. And with us, if you think the Rangers got better, Flyers always being there and probably better if Hart and Jones can stop a beach ball. It’s quite easy to see where the Islanders could miss but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Last year the Isles also had the fortune of playing a far better team that had their goalie completely lose their head and forget how to play hockey and then the next round they had the fortune of playing a better team who had their goalie get injured

Reactions: BurntToast

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Are we the 2021-2022 Stanley Cup Champs or what?
giphy.webp

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Last year the Isles also had the fortune of playing a far better team that had their goalie completely lose their head and forget how to play hockey and then the next round they had the fortune of playing a better team who had their goalie get injured

Ugh don’t remind me, would’ve loved Wallstedt, Lambos or Lysell over Stillman lol

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ugh don’t remind me, would’ve loved Wallstedt, Lambos or Lysell over Stillman lol

I wanted Lysell so bad. I never figured Wallstedt would've made it to that range. The Oilers trading down rather than drafting him was a choice to say the least

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
that’s awesome!
Haven’t noticed him at all, which I guess is a good thing in the sense he didn’t screw anything up in a noticeable way lol.
Yeah he’s not someone that makes mistakes, he’s defensive in that way. Goes hard to the net. He always started slow in every league he was in but started to take off. Always have a letter on him. I don’t think he’ll make the team from camp, but he always finds his way on the score sheet. So I think he’ll eventually be an injury call up. Only way I’ll root for y’all haha

Reactions: Auto Pilot

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I am a little perturbed that a player like Jack Hughes for our team can take a cross check that takes him out of the game and there is zero retaliation.

That ain't right.

I don't understand how nobody had to answer for that... especially in a meaningless preseason game where a penalty or an ejection means nothing.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I am a little perturbed that a player like Jack Hughes for our team can take a cross check that takes him out of the game and there is zero retaliation.

That ain't right.

The entire team seemed to know that lineup basically meant they weren't making the big club and they played most of the game kinda apathetically. There wasn't much push at all.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The entire team seemed to know that lineup basically meant they weren't making the big club and they played most of the game kinda apathetically. There wasn't much push at all.
Still you want to stand up for your teammates and you don't want to set the precedent that other teams can take liberties with your best players.

Also you'd think one of the minor players would like to make a name for themselves.

Or a guy on a PTO ... standing up for a teammate goes a long way when you are on a tryout

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Still you want to stand up for your teammates and you don't want to set the precedent that other teams can take liberties with your best players.

Also you'd think one of the minor players would like to make a name for themselves.

Or a guy on a PTO ... standing up for a teammate goes a long way when you are on a tryout

Oh I agree entirely. Just stating what I saw.

Reactions: JimEIV

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
1)Was the shot on Hughes that egregious?

2)Was the Janky goal that soft? It's not even included in the highlight package. In a game in which 3 whole goals were scored, I would think all 3 would make it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad