GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders 2:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Had no idea they changed the Bridgeport Sound Tigers to that boring name and logo of Bridgeport Islanders. Really think AHL teams not having their own name and identity related to their home city is lame and a mistake
You know who became the Islanders GM in 2018, right? He’s done it before and boring is music to his ears.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
As I said several times, I meant that in the context of that game in particular. I know he is a good pker. In the game today given those lineups and the fact that Jack already got hurt I just didn't see reason to have Rango out there getting shelled.
He’s not that great PKer, technically someone had to lead the team in PK time, he needs to work on stuff there too.

I don’t think guys particularly get injured PKing either, Ross Johnston types aren’t typically on the PP, so he’s fine doing it in the preseason. If you get hit by a puck, you get hit by a puck, that’s hockey.

But yeah, I kind of sort mindlessly responded to your post without thinking about what your point was (and it obviously wasn’t “huh, does this fancy pants scorer even pk?” since he literally did it all the time last season).

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Hay y’all! Hope all is well!

How has Joe Gambardella looked? Grew up with Joe happy he’s on the east coast now.

He’s a very energetic player, Ryan Callahan type. Just not as solid as Cally. Perfect 4th liner. Also will fight and throw hits.

that’s awesome!
Haven’t noticed him at all, which I guess is a good thing in the sense he didn’t screw anything up in a noticeable way lol.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I doubt that's his call though and it's not like we didn't have the Albany River Rats for years.
The Albany River Rats were just our AHL affiliated team but an Albany Company own the club. NHL teams can’t just rename them unless they own them.

We bought Lowell Lock Monsters and Lou immediately renamed them the Devils. And they did a terrible job marketing the team (not shocking considering that they did a poor job marketing the big club too). We moved them to Albany and slapped the Devils name on the team again.

And I’m pretty sure it was Lou’s call, with ownership letting him make those sort of decisions. He certainly talked about it like he made the decisions at the time, but I am going on memory here.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
So Bratt has the pox and Smith is being fitted with Nico’s prosthetic leg from last season?
Ruff said that Smith is specifically not playing because he has an “injury”, versus a Non-COVID illness or ennui or some other general occurrence that happens to a person in life at some point.

How much more specific does he have to be to please you people?

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad