GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What I don't like about the goaltending situation is they had Kinkaid playing down in Albany all of October and now he's going to be rusty by the time he finally does get a start, or he'll get shuttled back down in favor of Clemmensen who'll have a few games under his belt by then.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
What I don't like about the goaltending situation is they had Kinkaid playing down in Albany all of October and now he's going to be rusty by the time he finally does get a start, or he'll get shuttled back down in favor of Clemmensen who'll have a few games under his belt by then.

The Devils have to rid themselves of this archaic mindset they have with their goalie rotation.

It's a detriment to both goaltenders & also to the hockey club as a whole.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
DeBoer is a passenger now. Not much he can do but look bemused on the bench. This is all Lou's horrid product.

Deboer isnt blameless. Throwing Gionta and Salvador on the PK and against superior competition is as dumb as it gets, unless your objective is to look horrible and lose.

His lineup strategy and process is quite confounding as well.

He's an average coach who rode the coattails of his roster to the SCF run.

But overall I do hold Lou far more accountable. This thing from an organizational was coming off the rails even well before Deboer came here (horrible drafting and roster management since way back even just before and during the era of Sutter).

I hope the owners do what is necessary and have changes made in the offseason.

NHL Fanatik*

Tootoo in the lineup? That doesn't sound like a smart idea.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Deboer isnt blameless. Throwing Gionta and Salvador on the PK and against superior competition is as dumb as it gets, unless your objective is to look horrible and lose.

His lineup strategy and process is quite confounding as well.

He's an average coach who rode the coattails of his roster to the SCF run.

But overall I do hold Lou far more accountable. This thing from an organizational was coming off the rails even well before Deboer came here (horrible drafting and roster management since way back even just before and during the era of Sutter).

I hope the owners do what is necessary and have changes made in the offseason.

They will.

First they dealt with the backoffice and the infrasctucture of the building.

Next up will be the hockey side of things if this season spirals down the toilet.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
this lineup tonight is going to be disgusting.

3 4th lines....basically going into Detroit get the lunch pals out!

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's okay guys, Tootoo says he is an NHL player!:yo:

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
They will.

First they dealt with the backoffice and the infrasctucture of the building.

Next up will be the hockey side of things if this season spirals down the toilet.

How long is this board going to believe this fantasy that new owners will get rid of Lou? While the armchair GM's here may proclaim that he is a dinosaur, out there in the real world he is looked at as practically a living legend. He'd probably have to run the team into the ground for 10 straight seasons before anyone even considers firing him.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
And there it is.

Please retire, Clowe.

Retire while you can still count to 10. Seriously.

Whilst he could once again recover and make a comeback i can't help but wonder why he would want to. He clearly cannot stay healthy in the NHL, he's getting concussions every time he takes a mild bump to the head every 20 games or so. It's blatantly obvious that if he makes another comeback the same thing is just going to happen again and again, it is NOT a coincidence that this keeps happening to him.

He's a great guy, but he needs to protect his health. I'm sure he wants to play, but some things are simply more important than hockey, he'll get his paycheck regardless, just stay on the LTIR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad