GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Detroit Red Wings

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
we lost two one goal games against one of the NHL's best without 2 of our top 6 on Tuesday and without 3 of our top 6 last night and it's 13 games into the season yet we suk again....this place is the best :sarcasm:

Cut him some slack guys, he's new here. I admire his optimism

I know I'm a bit late but I just watched the day in the life video with Sal. He seems like such a genuinely nice guy, and it's a shame his tangibles aren't up to par with the intangibles he brings. Also, maybe part of the problem is what he said in the beginning "I'm such a morning person." That might explain why he's not doing as good, by the time it's game time he's already looking forward to tomorrow morning! Have the games at 7am and he'd be a beast :laugh:

So if he plays in the KHL, he'll be great. They play all their games at 9am EST:sarcasm:

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
With each loss, Deb will age faster and faster. Kinda like Dorian Gray. By the end of the season, she will be a withered hag.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
maybe new here but not new to watching this team and this sport, sorry if I try to see the glass half full

Don't even apologize for optimism. :yo:

As for tonight:

0a1b99660a75554f6e80a512173e4a55d0d7859b3387f9029c7a61a71e8b4996.jpg

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
It's real hard to get excited about this team right now. I can't even blame DeBoer anymore....even though I still want him out.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
right now cory gives us the best chance to win....even with his mediocre stats

did you even read what I said? :laugh:

using that logic, no back-up goalie would ever start since the "starter" is a better player.

you have to give the starter a night off sometime. we have 5 back to backs this month. let the guy rest.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
It's real hard to get excited about this team right now. I can't even blame DeBoer anymore....even though I still want him out.

DeBoer is a passenger now. Not much he can do but look bemused on the bench. This is all Lou's horrid product.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
did you even read what I said? :laugh:

using that logic, no back-up goalie would ever start since the "starter" is a better player.

you have to give the starter a night off sometime. we have 5 back to backs this month. let the guy rest.

so the starter is the better player even if he's hurt ? what kind of logic is that ? I agree that he needs a night off I just dont think he needs one right now, there is a lot of thread on our goaltender's tires so I say ride him.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
so the starter is the better player even if he's hurt ? what kind of logic is that ? I agree that he needs a night off I just dont think he needs one right now, there is a lot of thread on our goaltender's tires so I say ride him.

Obviously in case of injury the starter can't play. But what you're implying is that as long as the starter is able to, they should play every night as they give the team the best chance to win. With the schedule only getting heavier from this point on Schneider needs to take a rest.

Starting this many games in a row is ridiculous even for a workhorse (which we don't know if Schneider is as he hasn't had this kind of responsibility yet), and the backup needs to get some action. That's the point of the backup goalie, and especially in Kinkaid's situation where he still needs to establish himself as a guy that can come in the odd night and give the team a chance to win.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dumbeor is gonna run Schneider into the ground, just like he did to Hedberg in 2013.

The only time Pete has done a great job at handling the goalie situation, was when he rested Marty a lot early in the 11-12 season.

I was all for Cory playing in the other back to back games, but he's really gotta sit one of Monday or Tuesday night.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Dumbeor is gonna run Schneider into the ground, just like he did to Hedberg in 2013.

The only time Pete has done a great job at handling the goalie situation, was when he rested Marty a lot early in the 11-12 season.

I was all for Cory playing in the other back to back games, but he's really gotta sit one of Monday or Tuesday night.

Even a workhorse like Pekka Rinne has gotten 2 relief starts from Carter Huttton. To play night in and night out with the travel & expecting the necessary focus & physical conditioning to be there is a foolhardy assumption.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even a workhorse like Pekka Rinne has gotten 2 relief starts from Carter Huttton. To play night in and night out with the travel & expecting the necessary focus & physical conditioning to be there is a foolhardy assumption.

I don't understand why the need to play him like he's 1997-2010 Marty.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I don't understand why the need to play him like he's 1997-2010 Marty.

Lou? I'm out of ideas. This tells me that are beyond desperate. With that said, I think Kinkaid could surprise. At some point, he has to cut his teeth.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Until tonight where was the obvious day off for Cory? The schedule's been conducive to him playing every game. There was one back-to-back and that had two days off before and after. If he's still playing every game or close to it this month then it's a problem with a million back to backs.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Until tonight where was the obvious day off for Cory? The schedule's been conducive to him playing every game. There was one back-to-back and that had two days off before and after. If he's still playing every game or close to it this month then it's a problem with a million back to backs.

I agree. Look, if you are planning on him giving him 60+ starts he's going to have 10+ games in a row for certain stretches.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Can't see them keeping it close as with our MASH unit, its a mismatch in virtually every category, espeically skating and hockey skill.

Wings will most likely toy with us tonight.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

Kincaid will play fine if they ever give him a chance. debeor is one stubborn mule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad