GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Columbus Blue Jackets: Team Lars v. Team Palmieri - Episode Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We did double our goals for against Columbus in one game, we only had 3 total in the first 3 games.

#silverlinings #moralvictories

#gutsyeffortintoughbuilding

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet Kinkaid is back in

Re sign Marty for a day to retire as a Devil

And play tomorrow night's game too.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With Kinkaid there's at least a 40% chance he's good. With Danis...not so much.

I'm thinking with Kinkaid, a bad goal will probably be allowed. At least one bad goal per game. 1-1.5

With Danis, it's probably 1.5-2 bad goals allowed per game.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
All I hear about here is how Benning needs to be fired , what Edmonton should do to get a Dman and if they should draft Mattews , and how great Naslund Marner are going to be.
If Edmonton wins the lottery again I might start watching formula one racing instead of hockey :rant:
Ya it's that bad .
I'm so sick of Toronto and their sporting teams and fans thinking they are the center of the universe.
(From the perspective as a Canadian )

If I walk into any sports memorabilia store that sells jerseys , all there are is 45928273 Maple leaf jerseys hats shirts etc. , rest is Flames Oilers and Canucks.

If I ask if they have any NJ Devils gear , they look at me like I am asking them to buy crack.

"Uuuuum , we miiiiight have a devils pen somewhere in the back or I think we have an old Arnott jersey when he was an Olier? " :rant::rant::rant:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Even Hynes called out Kinkaid for the third goal and said tomorrow's starter is tbd. Maybe they're gonna see if Terreri's in shape first :P

I'd be all for benching Keith if the other guy wasn't even more of a trainwreck. Although if we got to a shootout it would be amusing to watch Danis stand still like a statue again.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Farnham
Tootoo
Ruutu
Gio

All hoping are not on roster next year.
Some of them give 100% and hard not to like them but ..... They are not NHL caliber players.

Need 4th line of
DSP JJ. Kalinin

That's a NHL 4th line. Not rejects and AHL fodder.
We are almost one notch down from a legit nhl team for forwards.

Our 1st line is a decent teams 2nd , our 2nd is a decent 3rd , etc.
Our 4th line is garbage and should not be in the NHL

This means we need 3 legit top9 forwards in the offseason...
Zacha hopefully one , Camms back from injury , and hopefully a Drouin Yakapov Hoffman type trade can happen or Okposo signing would be ideal

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even Hynes called out Kinkaid for the third goal and said tomorrow's starter is tbd. Maybe they're gonna see if Terreri's in shape first :P

I'd be all for benching Keith if the other guy wasn't even more of a trainwreck. Although if we got to a shootout it would be amusing to watch Danis stand still like a statue again.
Not to mention that the other AHL options aren't any good. Wedgewood has 80 AHL games worth of a trash resume that's almost as bad as this year's Kinkaid at the NHL level. Not including the 12 or 15 games this year where he's looked good. Appleby shouldn't be thrown to the fire this early either.
Hynes on whether he's concerned about his goaltending: "It's got to be better, that's for sure."-TG

Glad to see Hynes is pissed
He didn't seem very pissed in the interview, he's been much more fired up than this. But he did call out Kinkaid and said he was pulled because we needed a save on that third goal and the goaltending has to be better.

And that he's undecided on tomorrow night's starter. I bet it's Kinkaid though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils after 72 games
2014-15: 73 points
2015-16: 75 points.

So much for being better this season!
But don't forget, after St Patty's Day, we only had one more win the rest of the season.

Not sure exactly what game number that was. We did get a couple OT loser points, like against Columbus oddly enough and TBL.

But our shootout win over the Habs was our last win of the season and only win after Cory's 1-0 (maybe 2-0 with empty net) shutout against Pittsburgh on last year's retro night. I remember him being stuck on 26 wins last season, just like he has been for a while before his injury this season.

And while he wasn't at his best for the past week or two before injury, we couldn't even dream of winning a game 5-4 or 7-4 with him where he allows 4 goals and we score 5. I think we've won TWO games since he's been a Devil in which he allowed 4 goals. Opening night of 2014-2015 in Philly, and a shootout win over Ottawa earlier this season.

I don't even think we've won more than 8 games in 3 years where he's allowed 3 goals in. And in half of those, he didn't allow the third goal until well after the game was decided in our favor. Like that Ottawa game a couple months ago being the most recent.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we'll win more than one more game this season.

That's barring the team not being completely inflated and demoralized and going on an even worse tailspin than 3 weeks ago, after two of the most embarrassing losses of the season on back to back nights. I already have tomorrow night's game pinned as an embarrassing loss.

The last two games in Columbus were easily the most embarrassing and humiliating losses of the season, just considering the team we were facing.

Tonight wasn't quite as embarrassing as the 6-1 loss last month. Though losing the tie just seconds after coming back from 3-0 and then going down by 2 even fewer seconds later was dunce cap worthy.

ChicoEatsNachos

Jan 14, 2016
Little Ferry NJ
And while he wasn't at his best for the past week or two before injury, we couldn't even dream of winning a game 5-4 or 7-4 with him where he allows 4 goals and we score 5. I think we've won TWO games since he's been a Devil in which he allowed 4 goals. Opening night of 2014-2015 in Philly, and a shootout win over Ottawa earlier this season.

I don't even think we've won more than 8 games in 3 years where he's allowed 3 goals in. And in half of those, he didn't allow the third goal until well after the game was decided in our favor. Like that Ottawa game a couple months ago being the most recent.

Of the many, many, things that impress me about Schneider, his composure/mental toughness must be off the charts. Every night he goes in knowing he has to be great. This offensively incompetent team will never bail him out. He has to be elite every single game for us to have a chance. That is so much pressure for one player and he's handled it so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad